Why cant we buy level 90 pvp gear before 90?

All the crying about gear gaps can be easily solved. Increase honor gained in 10-89 BGs and let us start buying PvP gear so when we hit 90 we have a full set. This way we dont get curbed stomped by Locks hitting us with 325k chaos bolts and DKs hitting with 225K Obliterates. We used to be able to buy pieces of max level PvP gear as we leveled during Wrath so what genius thought it was a good idea to take that away? The only people who could possibly be against this idea are the ones already in full 2/2 Malev who can only beat fresh 90s still wearing leveling blues and greens.

Yeah annoys me too that they took it away, from 80-90 i usually hit the honor cap anywhere from 5-10 times, and i can't do anything with it after making it justice, miss the days of buying honor gear while levelling then not getting destroyed at max!

Deleted
    You can't even buy stuff with honor before 90 because you can't return it when hitting 90. Apparently they want you to suffer more when hitting 90 because they are evil people.

Deleted
    I have no clue. I got disappointed when i learned i couldnt buy honor gear on my alt some time before. I used to level up thru bgs and buy honor stuffs so i would end up being fully geared hiting lvl 90.

Deleted
    It's probably to maintain a healthy playerbase in BG's. If you end up getting full honor gear at level 60 you won't bother to do bg's anymore after that. Very few people play lowlevel pvp because it's fun :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    It's probably to maintain a healthy playerbase in BG's. If you end up getting full honor gear at level 60 you won't bother to do bg's anymore after that. Very few people play lowlevel pvp because it's fun :P
    The bots will still be there

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd more think it's to keep players farming at X level to get all the PvP gear before they hit 90, taking the end-game farm out.

Yeah im kinda wondering why this happened myself... But atm i dont mind that you need lvl 90 to buy lvl 90... To many bloody bots atm...
    But if they took care of bot problem, it would be nice if we were able to buy higher lvl gear again.
    Sitting with 4k jp / honor on my 85 mage, with nothing to use it on... is kinda meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given how unbalanced low level BGs are and Blizzard's repeated statements that they don't give a shit about them, I doubt this is the truth.

Hell, they might as well remove low level bgs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Given how unbalanced low level BGs are and Blizzard's repeated statements that they don't give a shit about them, I doubt this is the truth.

Hell, they might as well remove low level bgs.
    Yes, but it would affect bg's at level 90. If you end up fully decked out by the time you're 90 then you aren't going to do many bg's at 90 are you? The queue timers would suffer greatly in 80+ brackets. Also, If I ever join a bg on one of my fully geared chars I'm not there to win. I'm there for shits and giggles, frankly I don't care about winning at all as I don't gain anything from it. xD
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-02 at 04:30 PM.

With the level scaling change coming up for 5.2 this won't be a problem.

I've been asking this question for a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Why cant we buy level 90 pvp gear before 90?
    Because they want you to farm BGs at 90, extending the time you grind, and hence increasing play time, and hence increasing subscription revenue.

Sorry for the cynycism.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Because they want you to farm BGs at 90, extending the time you grind, and hence increasing play time, and hence increasing subscription revenue.

Sorry for the cynycism.
    If this was WotLK or Cataclysm I wouldn't be in agreement. As it is, the artificial grinding added in MoP to "extend playtime" is pretty dang blatant.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If this was WotLK or Cataclysm I wouldn't be in agreement. As it is, the artificial grinding added in MoP to "extend playtime" is pretty dang blatant.
    Also, 1500 Honor or 750CP upgrade for each piece.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1