Deleted

Powered 4x USB Hubb problem!

Hello guys! I've had a problem for a while. I bought a Gamecon 780 USB plug-in headset for the 7.1 surround. The problem is that my computer only got 2 USB ports... Now when i bought a Powered USB 4x USB hubb i run into power shutdown in the things I've connected to the hubb. I've tried 2 differend hubbs.

I'm running with Razer Lycosa keyboardand Razer Naga mouse. As said, I'm using Gamecon 780 headset.
    The Hubb is called Zap Ultra Hubb -4x USB3.0. Says theres no drivers required to run it.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post any links to their websites yet...

I would be really happy to recieve some help with this issue!

Headsets do not work with usb 3.0 ports. I recommend a usb hub with an external power source.

By my experience, most USB hubs aren't really all that brilliant when it comes to connecting several 'high-power' items (such as keyboards, mice, and probably headsets too). Have you tried keeping at least one of those three connected to the other natural USB port on your computer?

If you are running windows 7 it doesnt come with native usb 3 drivers, check your motherboard manufacturer to see if they have usb 3 drivers. Also i wouldnt put my hope in usb hubs but buy PCI-E or PCI connected USB ports and plug them into the computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    Headsets do not work with usb 3.0 ports. I recommend a usb hub with an external power source.

Maybe i forgot to say, the hub got a external power source. The ports in the hub is normal 2.0. The hub itself is just connected to a 3.0 port. But overall theres only 2.0 involved.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    By my experience, most USB hubs aren't really all that brilliant when it comes to connecting several 'high-power' items (such as keyboards, mice, and probably headsets too). Have you tried keeping at least one of those three connected to the other natural USB port on your computer?
    Yes, I've tried to plug in 2 of the 3 into the Hub and 1 into the computer. No matter which one it is, it wont work. The USB port shuts down and won't work again. A computer restart is required.
    Last edited by mmoc0f3fec74d2; 2013-02-02 at 10:21 AM.

Read the spec always, 2.0 to 2.0 etc... Don't try to run older devices on a newer interface unless the driver/OS support it. It's just asking for disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Monkey View Post
    Read the spec always, 2.0 to 2.0 etc... Don't try to run older devices on a newer interface unless the driver/OS support it. It's just asking for disaster.
    The specification set for USB 3.0 provides backwards compatibility to USB 2.0 and 1.1/1.0 functionality. As said above though, running high powered USB devices can sometimes make hubs unstable which incidentally will cause issues with the devices when you try to run them. I've actually had hubs have scorched PCB's because of too much current being drawn through them simultaneously from multiple devices. If stuff is losing power on the hub, its likely you're overdrawing it.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-02-02 at 11:58 AM.