Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does Anyone Else Think Ascendance Lasts Too Little?

I finally got the motivation to level my shaman up to level 87, and decided to use ascendance. it was over way before I could finish looking at the model.

as a demo lock, maybe I'm biased about it, but ascendance is just too short to feel important. I mean, even back in WotLK and Cata, my metamorphosis was always something like 30-36 seconds, which is more than double ascendance. it feels to me that 30 seconds min should be the "standard super-transformation minimum duration"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I agree with you, I love the look of ascendance, but other classes would probably QQ that the effect's bonus would last too long...

It is a burst CD, as such it lasting longer would result in either the class nerfed as a whole (to compensate for the lengthy burst) or ascendance itself would get hit by a nerfbat (output wise) to make it have a similar effect on overal dps, or healing depending on your spec.

If anything enh ascendance should be changed to give us 30y melee range for LL aswell, as right now the 30y range only aplies to SS/autoattacks and wf, perhaps a glyph that makes you disarm immune during it (you aren't hitting stuff with your weapons anyway, why would disarming it lower the dmg).

For the dps specs(if geared properly) this allready generates spikes of upto 450k on pulls, and generally a 250-280k ish starting number in raids.
    Enh= (5sec pre pull= spirit walk, 2sec before pull= fire ele, 0.2sec pre pull= pot+wolves, SS, asc- continue normal dps style)
    Ele is pulling similar numbers with their asc.

I wish it lasted about 2 seconds longer, could get an extra stormblast in for enhance, would actually make it alot funner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    It is a burst CD
    so was pre-MoP metamorphosis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    ascendance is just too short to feel important.
    It's a hard balancing act. If it was up too often, it would feel unimportant too, because it ends up feeling like a core part of your rotation as opposed to a major cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    so was pre-MoP metamorphosis.
    A warlocks dps doesn't collapse when you take away Metamorph, elemental dps does...I have no idea how it is for enhance though.

Take away Ascendance and we will need a shit ton of boosting on all our spells.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    A warlocks dps doesn't collapse when you take away Metamorph
    your joking?

A warlocks dps doesn't collapse when you take away Metamorph, elemental dps does...I have no idea how it is for enhance though.
    I'm sorry, but that statement is just wrong. much more wrong if we consider only consider pre-MoP warlocks (since now meta is a stance instead of a burst CD, which means the pos-MoP comparison doesn't fit). demo dps is abysmal if you don't use meta. when you do use meta, you get insane burst. for instance, some days ago I got to the last boss in MSP with full DF. the group was good enough that we managed to kill him right before meta was finished. the result was that I finished the fight with over 40% of the damage dealt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. Simply because of the effects it gives. For elemental you can freely spam LvB non-stop (unless somebody stops you of course), while for enhancement it gives you a stronger stormstrike, mastery increasing all of your damage because it's magic damage AND all of your attacks are ranged. For resto it's a straight up 100% HPS bonus I believe (not 100% sure) while evenly spreading all of the healing across all(?) friendly targets.

Having those effects on a higher duration would simply have them to be nerfed in some other way I reckon.

Deleted
    It's only of the most lethal cooldowns in the game, no it should not last longer than it currently does.

Deleted
    15 seconds is fine in PvE since it's one of the strongest cooldowns in the game when used with trinkets and other cooldowns, etc. It's just a little too easy to counter in PvP thanks to instant CC and silences/interrupts infecting every class.

10+ Year Old Account
    imo they should make an Enhancement 4pc that makes it last like, 3 seconds longer, so we can get in one more Stormblast. That'd be an incredible tier bonus.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    It's only of the most lethal cooldowns in the game, no it should not last longer than it currently does.
    In what way? It's the easiest cooldown to avoid in PvP.

I feel as though the duration could be a bit longer for resto...when I'm in a PVE situation where I hardcast/move/ alot it seems to have...good impact but not fun I'm healing you alive 3min CD impact.

when I cast HTT...its like HEALING!!!!!!

when I cast ascendance its like.....healing ;-; (the only expection being grouped for healing rain)

For ele however I feel like the length is perfect. (PVE wise)

<_< PVP in my mind is a **** fest of CC right now and nothing is fun...so I try not to judge the CD based on that.

Take away Ascendance and we will need a shit ton of boosting on all our spells.
    You know this is BS right? (assuming old Meta since if you're referring to current meta you would be talking more BS) Both spells where a dps cooldown and both classes where balanced around using it actively. To say that you can't achieve max dps without using a cooldown is a given.

And no the duration is fine, Blizzard uses a certain formula to determine how strong they have to make a certain ability. The longer the cooldown the stronger the ability and the longer the duration the weaker the buff should be.

Of course they will look at the whole class (so some abilitys may not follow this rule) but their will always be exceptions.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an elemental shaman, I really like Ascendance at 15 sec duration. It's short enough that you can stack it with most procs, pots, and on-use effects. It's also insane burst in PvE (PvP is a different *you can't do that while stunned* ... story). 3 min CD feels about right, as well, but I'm looking forward to elem's 4p T15 and it's feedback effect, which'll drop the CD to about 2:30.

Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    As an elemental shaman, I really like Ascendance at 15 sec duration. It's short enough that you can stack it with most procs, pots, and on-use effects. It's also insane burst in PvE (PvP is a different *you can't do that while stunned* ... story). 3 min CD feels about right, as well, but I'm looking forward to elem's 4p T15 and it's feedback effect, which'll drop the CD to about 2:30.
    2:30? u'll get probably 14 from the start leaving you 2:46, to only cast lava burst 16 times in the next 2:45 is just l2p issues and no lava surges.

Yeah, I think it's too short.

Make it 25sec with 5 Min CD.
    Add Glyph of Ascendance to make it shorter 15sec and 3 Min CD. ( Prefer shorter for PVP burst )

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer... Yep. Long answer.... Yeeepppp