Deleted

Protectors of the endless

Hey I was just wondering if for this fight if it would be a dps gain/loss to use grimoire of supremecy over grimoire of sacrifice and keep dots up on the 3 protectors or if its still more beneficial to use grimoire of sacrifice for the 20% phase on the 3 bosses. Suggestions?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    dps gain? maybe. a good idea? definatley not. when one dies, the others go back to full hp, so your best off just single targetting one. it is maybe worth it to put corruption on the other 2 for extra shards, but that is debatable.

That's just padding. Stay with GoSac.

On Normal keeping Corruption on the other two is worth it.

On Heroic you already have unlimited shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    dps gain? maybe. a good idea? definatley not. when one dies, the others go back to full hp, so your best off just single targetting one. it is maybe worth it to put corruption on the other 2 for extra shards, but that is debatable.
    Non-lock PoV here, but provided the encounter is going down without raid dps issues, (is there an enrage on that fight?) a bit of scumbag-multidotting won't be an issue.

In fact, me (ele) our boomer, and our lock all do it, purely for padding and bragging, even in 10man it makes very little difference to the outcome of the fight, other than putting our rogues back in their place!
    Last edited by Kaga; 2013-02-02 at 02:49 PM.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaga View Post
    Non-lock PoV here, but provided the encounter is going down without raid dps issues, (is there an enrage on that fight?) a bit of scumbag-multidotting won't be an issue.

In fact, me (ele) our boomer, and our lock all do it, purely for padding and bragging, even in 10man it makes very little difference to the outcome of the fight, other than putting our rogues back in their place!
    oh yeah. i just assumed that he was progressing since i read it as asking for help, which you dont do on a farm boss. if your just trying to pad meters then i would still use GoSac, but yes multidot away!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by domonationn View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if for this fight if it would be a dps gain/loss to use grimoire of supremecy over grimoire of sacrifice and keep dots up on the 3 protectors or if its still more beneficial to use grimoire of sacrifice for the 20% phase on the 3 bosses. Suggestions?
    why would you want to keep dots rolling on all 3 protectors? That's dancing the peen increase line a bit.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

If you're at the point where you do scumbag dps on normal, maybe its time to do it on heroic.

I would say normal protectors to heroic protectors is a rather large jump... So do not agree with the above statement.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    I would say normal protectors to heroic protectors is a rather large jump... So do not agree with the above statement.
    idd, going from normal elite protectors being faceroll to being in a position to kill them on heroic is quite a difference. there are many heroic bosses to progress on before that point

To pad or to do the fight properly. All I know is, if you pad you'd better be top DPS or that'll be quite embarrassing.

I pad on Heroic Protectors just like I did on Normal and I'm in the group that kills all the Sha's. It's the only way to do the fight, imo. The more pad you do the better you are at the game, mhm.

As long as you are not reducing your DPS on single target, you should pad your meters as much as possible. In general, padding your meters is good practice for killing multiple targets that actually matter.

Deleted
    how come we have unlimited shards in heroic?

u can drain soul on the small sha add that will spawn for the whole encounter coming out from the well where u fight lei shi

To summarize :

Is multidoting a dps gain in normal situation ?
    Definitively. The more you dot the more you DPS.

Is grimoire of supremacy a DPS gain in that case ?
    Yes, although the number of target that you DOT matters. Two target -> Sacrifice is better. More target -> debatable at best.

Is multidoting on protector a good idea ?
    No. Big No. Ultra big No. You are just wol-whoring and your "additionnal DPS" will be nullified.
    BUT you can maintain a corruption on another target to gain additionnal soul shard in normal mode ONLY. In heroic the constant add-spawning will grant you unlimited-powa (copyright palpatine)