Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Serious framerate issues in wow

In sw my fps is always about 10-17 and 20-30 in jade forest etc

Processor is intel i5 750, and video card is ati hd5870 and i have 16g ram

With those components my fps should be alot higher. This fps issue has been for a very long time now and reformatting computer hasnt helped.

I have always used latest amd drivers.

Yeah you should be higher, did you try lowering the graphic settings? Like, are you on max or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the problems start right around the pre-patch for Mists launch?
    There was some type of graphic engine upgrade at that time and myself,
    I experienced alot of fps and lag issues. DirectX 9 versus 11, Anisotropic
    filtering, Triple Buffering and Vertical Sync were all things I played with until it stopped.

Sorry I can't be more help but enjoy the bump and I know
    some fabulous MMO-C'er will be along shortly with a proper tech answer!
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    In cata it was same, and i play on highest settings because i should run them smoothly + vertical sync because without it game is not playable

What video settings in WoW? What resolution/how big is your monitor?

There was a post the other day where someone was complaining about the "lag fest that is 25mans." Turns out he had pretty average hardware but was using a 46" LCD... Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    i play on highest settings because i should run them smoothly
    Should turn at least shadows down. No your 2 gen old card should not run WoW with many players on the screen (SW) at absolute max settings smoothly.
    Last edited by openair; 2013-02-02 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    25,5" lcd monitor

max resolution

ultra settings

In cata it was same, and i play on highest settings because i should run them smoothly + vertical sync because without it game is not playable
    I know my setup (i5 3570k, GTX 550 ti, 12gb of ram) runs at 30fps in Vale of Eternal Blossoms (Running 2 monitors, game only on one), so you should be at least around there. (At max settings)

Have you tried changing which DX you're using? Or if you're on a 64bit, set the client to run as 64bit?
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2013-02-02 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    it is 64bit version running and dx11

Deleted
    WoW has made significant steps in the graphics department since Pandaria was released. Running in Ultra is much more intensive than it used to be, some of the features in High and especially in Ultra take a load of processing power. The 5870 is rather outdated now and is performing as I would expect given the resolution and settings you're trying to achieve.

25,5" lcd monitor

max resolution

ultra settings
    that is your problem.

My comp makes your's look like a calculator and I can't run WoW on ultra either. I blame the game

25,5" lcd monitor

max resolution

ultra settings
    Try running it on high and see if there is a difference. I had a friend who tried Ultra (good computer) and would get around 30 fps. He changed to high and rocketed up to 100 or so. It has something to do with one of the Ultra settings containing extra graphics that can cripple some cards.

Best bet is if high does go up significantly then go through all the drop downs below and bump each one to Ultra/Max until you find the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    that is your problem.

My comp makes your's look like a calculator and I can't run WoW on ultra either. I blame the game
    What specs? i could run ultra on my i3 2100 and xfx 5770 hd GPU. at better frames than ops getting.

Switching back to dx9 vastly improved my FPS, for whatever reason. I also think I have turned vsync and 3buffer off in-game, instead turning them on in my NVIDIA control panel.

When I got my new card (GTX 560ti) I had to make a lot of adjustments with the card settings - before adjusting things it had virtually no change in-game from my old one, but now I'm running anywhere from 40-100+ FPS with mostly ultra settings - and I only have a low-end gaming computer with a graphics card upgrade, not some souped up rig.

In short - if you haven't yet, you might take a look at your card settings (if you can - not familiar with ATI cards) and see if adjusting them helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    First, however, I must escape the clutches of the evil warlock Chris Metzonius of Blizzardonia. Only then may I return to Azeroth and smite the Horde with righteous fury!

Turn down Shadows and SSAO, it should be an improvement.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    high settings did not help really

high settings did not help really
    Did you try turning down shadows? its a big fps killer, you should have it down especially with your setup. Even I have to keep in on good/high to get decent fps with my comp.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    What specs? i could run ultra on my i3 2100 and xfx 5770 hd GPU. at better frames than ops getting.
    AMD FX-8350
    ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCU II 3GB
    16g RAM

Shits all stock because for watever reason everytime I have something overclocked I get terrible FPS lag on LoL and I cbf altering my settings for everything every single time I change games, also I don't think thats very healthy for the hardware.

Anyway this isnt some kind of showoff thread, I was merly trying to point out that the OP's specs aren't really any good and he should turn his settings down. I don't run on ultra either.

Deleted
    turning shadows to low and ssao disabled did not help at all. shire of seven stars still 12-17fps

even "good" settings does not help at all
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-02-02 at 05:02 PM.

turning shadows to low and ssao disabled did not help at all. shire of seven stars still 12-17fps

-Make sure your multisampling is set to x1
    -Turn texture filtering to x4
    -Turn off sunshafts will help (who looks up anyway?)
    -If vsync enabled, turn on triple buffering should help.

10+ Year Old Account

even "good" settings does not help at all
    That doesn't make any sense at all.... Try updating your graphic drivers?
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)