Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    None of that helps, trying to update drivers for grapich card.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 05:30 PM ----------

Update didnt help

Check your advanced menu for the FPS limit and see if someone's changed it on you, a long shot but it's worth a try.

Try disabling your sound as well and see if it makes any changes, and make sure all addons are off.

Also, check for any kind of power saving features. (Would most likely cause it if you're on a laptop, probability of it on a PC is low but worth a check)

If all this fails, check the temperatures of your CPU/GPU. I use CPUID HWMonitor for my temps, as a suggestion if you need software for it.
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2013-02-02 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    AMD FX-8350
    ASUS Radeon HD7970 DirectCU II 3GB
    16g RAM

Shits all stock because for watever reason everytime I have something overclocked I get terrible FPS lag on LoL and I cbf altering my settings for everything every single time I change games, also I don't think thats very healthy for the hardware.

Anyway this isnt some kind of showoff thread, I was merly trying to point out that the OP's specs aren't really any good and he should turn his settings down. I don't run on ultra either.
    Didnt think of it as showing off, was curious what you thought made his setup "look like a calculator" But it dosent o,O..

Change the processor and you'll laugh at ultra though.

But ultra is idd possible for the op at better frames that what he's getting or atleast on high settings.

OP turn it to high, and put view and shadow distance to low, also make sure you aren't playing at something like 8x Multisampling.

Deleted
    multisampling to 1 from 8 has no effect

disabling all addons has no effect

only effect has been when i have lowered view distance but not gonna play without proper view distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Dusty GFX? =p

Sure helped me a good many times to clean it when I still owned a desktop..

-Make sure you have DX11 downloaded/updated.
    -Correct/latest drivers installed (especially from your Mobo manufacturer).
    -Use the 64bit client of WoW if you have 64bit.
    -Check to see if any processes is eating up CPU besides WoW.
    -Defrag harddrive if not using a SSD.
    -Check temperatures of CPU and GFX card by using the program (HWMonitor).

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Didnt think of it as showing off, was curious what you thought made his setup "look like a calculator" But it dosent o,O..

Change the processor and you'll laugh at ultra though.

But ultra is idd possible for the op at better frames that what he's getting or atleast on high settings.

OP turn it to high, and put view and shadow distance to low, also make sure you aren't playing at something like 8x Multisampling.
    Change the processor? its the top AMD one available... it's also faster than your i5 3570k
    Last edited by Oncereborn; 2013-02-03 at 06:20 AM.

You'll probably have to turn down shadows at least. I'm running WoW atm on an A10-5800k with no discrete gpu on ultra with 1680x1050 and I'm getting ~45 FPS in Stormwind. But I had to turn shadows down. Those are the real killer when you have to render 40 separate shadows.

Hmmm. Yea, just looked up your card. You should be getting higher FPS than that. What are your temps like?
    Last edited by dwarven; 2013-02-03 at 07:59 AM.

There is a known issue in WoW that is causing this problem. There is no fix, nor has their been any real response on a fix besides your system is over heating. Look for MoP FPS dip stutter in the WoW tech support forum. There is a 19 or 20 page thread about it. I have this problem as well, I should run 60 fps np. Infact, sometimes it does, but it also dips to 10 to 17 fps randomly every 5 to 10 seconds sometimes. They aren't saying much and it doesn't effect everyone, just a few people.

Phenom ii x6 1090T
    8 gigs of ram
    7870 gigabyte
    gigabyte MB
    22.5 LED monitor

Like I said my fps could easily be 60 fps. Only good thing for me is that in raid, 10 man, I normally stay at 60 and don't have the sutter, but not always. In the world it rarely happens. One way that it got a little better was run WoW, login, alt-tab, task manager, wow64, right click, set affinity remove the 0 cpu. Something about multiple cores seems to be part of the issue. This helped some folks and has to be done each time you restart wow after a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    There is a known issue in WoW that is causing this problem. There is no fix, nor has their been any real response on a fix besides your system is over heating. Look for MoP FPS dip stutter in the WoW tech support forum. There is a 19 or 20 page thread about it. I have this problem as well, I should run 60 fps np. Infact, sometimes it does, but it also dips to 10 to 17 fps randomly every 5 to 10 seconds sometimes. They aren't saying much and it doesn't effect everyone, just a few people.

Phenom ii x6 1090T
    8 gigs of ram
    7870 gigabyte
    gigabyte MB
    22.5 LED monitor

Like I said my fps could easily be 60 fps. Only good thing for me is that in raid, 10 man, I normally stay at 60 and don't have the sutter, but not always. In the world it rarely happens. One way that it got a little better was run WoW, login, alt-tab, task manager, wow64, right click, set affinity remove the 0 cpu. Something about multiple cores seems to be part of the issue. This helped some folks and has to be done each time you restart wow after a reset.
    I have suspected this was the case for some time myself but never went and did any research on the matter.