Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Considering his sources include quotes from Mike Morhaime, Blizzard, Vivendi and The Guinness Book of Records I think they are as credible as we are going to get. There is some evidence in the form of falling activity that towards the end of WOTLK that the release of WOTLK in China offset the loses in Western subs.

Links for 11,5m subs on Jan 10 2010 :
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2036...pt?source=bnet
    and
    http://kotaku.com/5469063/world-of-w...wth-since-2008
    and
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Past-Level-10

Link for 11,6m subs on may 2009 :
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...record_awards/

Link for 12m subs on January 2009 :
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL...BrandChannel=0
    and

sorry but kotaku, reuters, blizzplanet, escapistmagazine, seekingalpha don't seem like credible scores.

Blizzard did not report any loss till after cata. I would take Blizzard as a credible source

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I got infracted for far less than what he does as well. Real question is how doe she get away with it
    to be blunt here lately mods have been lazy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Maybe you guys should stop worrying about a possible infraction for a guy and just get back on topic? Complaining about him in itself is derailing the thread.
    I just want to keep the thread open long enough to hit the 7th.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    This is a discussion of WOW subscriptions set in the MMO industry. As such WOW subscriptions can not be dissussed without looking at the fact almost everything went FREE to play in this idustry.

2010/ WOW subscriptions were 12.000.000 in a world where paid subscriptions were STANDARD in AAA MMO's.
    2013 / WOW subscriptions have to COMPETE in a world where FREE to PLAY is the new standard.

As such this change in the industry deserves to be mentioned AND defended in this thread

I can imagine that most reknown WOW haters don't like me. I defend this game against them by showing the posters an overall industry view and EVIDENT fact WOW subscriptions are influenced by this change in the industry.
    it isnt the WoW haters that dont like you BenBos. its everyone. you derail threads posting the same tired lines again and again and again. adding nothing to any discussion you choose to interrupt. please, for the sake of both sides, give it up.

Stop the off-topic posting
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-03 at 07:34 PM.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    You're annoying, and wrong for that matter. Stop thread shitting.

More on topic, I don't know why people get their panties in a knot over subscriptions; either way, you'll never see these numbers in game. EU/US have separate servers, as does China.

Why does any of this matter when you'll only ever see half these numbers, if that.

I'll never understand why posters like BenBos make it their life's work to zealously defend a game, while putting down everyone else. Just play what you want and have fun.

people who make their likes work to zealously defend a game, while putting down everyone else are what you call fanboys

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    to be blunt here lately mods have been lazy.

I noticed that

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Maybe you guys should stop worrying about a possible infraction for a guy and just get back on topic? Complaining about him in itself is derailing the thread.
    I agree.

And on topic I feel it is ether going to be a small gain or a huge lose due to AP finally ending and people upset about PVP/daily's/CRZ
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe he should be dealt with

Stop the off-topic posting
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-03 at 07:34 PM.

Links for 11,5m subs on Jan 10 2010 :
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2036...pt?source=bnet
    and
    and
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Past-Level-10

Link for 11,6m subs on may 2009 :
    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...record_awards/

Link for 12m subs on January 2009 :
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL...BrandChannel=0
    and

sorry but kotaku, reuters, blizzplanet, escapistmagazine, seekingalpha don't seem like credible scores.

Blizzard did not report any loss till after cata. I would take Blizzard as a credible source
    Those articles include quotes from the sources I mentioned.

I got infracted for far less than what he does as well. Real question is how doe she get away with it
    You know this will happen and we cannot discuss why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    He is not breaking any rules.

The thread is about WoW-subnumbers.
    Those numbers are useless in a vacuum: They need to be placed in context.
    And if that context is that all competitors have almost no monthly paying subscribers, than WoW is doing extremely well no matter what the new numbers are.
    In his last posts he isn't bashing any other game.

Something that is against the rules however, is bashing a user instead of addressing his arguments and discussing moderator-actions.
    Game vs game discussion is not allowed on these boards. I am sure that if some one mentioned that WOW was going to lose subs to another a game you would be reaching for the report button.

people who make their likes work to zealously defend a game, while putting down everyone else are what you call fanboys
    And what do you call people who spend everyday on a fansite of a game they no longer play and complain about it in every thread? (not referring to you of coarse)
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

And if that context is that all competitors have almost no monthly paying subscribers, than WoW is doing extremely well no matter what the new numbers are.

Something that is against the rules however, is bashing a user instead of addressing his arguments and discussing moderator-actions.

He was allready warned from a mod to stop trying to make it game vs game he keeps doing just that

He comes into every thread derailing it and repeating himself over and over.

Yes he is breaking the rules this thread was about wow subs not about f2p MMO's and he clearly bashed them just a couple posts ago.

he dose this in nearly every D3/WOW thread and people are tired of seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    it isnt the WoW haters that dont like you BenBos. its everyone. you derail threads posting the same tired lines again and again and again. adding nothing to any discussion you choose to interrupt. please, for the sake of both sides, give it up.
    So now we see the REAL reasons why they want to report BENBOS.

Because I annoy some. Btw I have a LOT of PM in my mailbox where fans of the game like my posts.

They too are fed up with the "same dudes" running the usual anti Blizzard show. The 5 names above are always the same. Always the same nagging and trash talk.

And anyone not agreeing is simply bullied around by a bunch of 5 guys and their cat.

ON TOPIC:

Actually, reminding everyone that WOW subscriptions are DIECTLY related to a new FREE to play default mode in the MMO industry is so logical that it doesn't even derserve to be defended.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what do you call people who spend everyday on a fansite of a game they no longer play and complain about it in every thread? (not referring to you of coarse)
    I don't know go to a wow only fan site and ask one of them

You do know that people may like Warcraft but not WOW and that there is many things talked about on this site besides wow.

Warcraft was around before wow and people like warcraft so much they may try to stay up to date on the lore and all that is happening in WOW even tho they dislike WOW itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you consider something to be against the rules doesn't mean we do. While you're welcome to report any post you feel violates our rules, you're not allowed to derail threads with it. Keep it on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So now we see the REAL reasons why they want to report BENBOS.

Because I annoy some. Btw I have a LOT of PM in my mailbox where fans of the game like my posts.

They too are fed up with the "same dudes" running the usual anti Blizzard show. The 5 names above are always the same. Always the same nagging and trash talk.

And anyone not agreeing is simply bullied around by a bunch of 5 guys and their cat.

ON TOPIC:

Actually, reminding everyone that WOW subscriptions are DIECTLY related to a new FREE to play default mode in the MMO industry is so logical that it doesn't even derserve to be defended.
    If you got a got of pm's in your mailbox im sure its because people are tired of you coming into every thread about WOW/D3 and bashing every other game that is like them and white knighting wow.

Mods have already told you to stop doing it and yet you keep going. you even derailed this thread that was about wow's subs NOT THE MMO INDUSTRY as many of us have proven to you already.

WOW subs and the MMO industry are two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ot:

I have a feeling they wont even give out the sub numbers

I know... I know... wait gimme a minute..... Dave? No! John? Tom? What do I win?

It's not about game VS game.
    It's that "WoW has 9 million subs!" is useless information when you don't look at the entire market.
    And that is exactly what he was saying: The entire market went F2P or has below 500k subs, so either way they are still doing great.
    As far as we know WOW has 10 million subs, keep up.

Ah, so it is not game vs game when you are using WOW's sub numbers to bash other games. Gotcha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    The haters only want to hear their side of the story. Sort of like fox news listeners.
    And the Fanboys want to hear their game is perfect any criticism will be attacked. Seems like a cult and I am not drinking the Kool-aid