Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i doubt it would be lower than 9. i personally want them to stay the same.

when they go up: "PFFFFFTTT EVERYONE KNOWS 99.9% OF PLAYERS ARE FROM CHINA"
    More like 60% but close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    People that hate the game think so. It makes them feel better. In a few days it'll be hilarious, if subs stay the same, they wont make 1 thread XD.
    If I wasn't on my iPad I would link 40+ threads already about the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it matter for us MMO-Champion posters? If they decrease, we'll have a swarm of threads saying how "we were right, WoW is dying/declining/whatever". If they stay the same or increase, the same people who would have jumped on the "it's dying" bandwagon will justify the numbers with "China, kids and Annual Pass leftovers". Whatever happens, you'll twist it to fit your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why does it not matter?
    Because all that does matter is your personal enjoyment you get while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Because it's of no influence on the game and because the majority (probably 95% if I'd have to say a number) is not an investor and is therefor not affected.
    if sub numbers dropped by a million, i guarantee you there would be an influence on the game. because investors wouldnt be happy at a company that saw 10% of its customers walk away and did nothing. the problem is at this stage there is no certainty that what Blizzard would try to do to stem to fall would actually be good, in gameplay terms. a lot of the knee-jerk things they did in Cata actually ended up making it worse, imo.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    I predict there is 100 million active subcribers. I might be wrong tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    i doubt it would be lower than 9. i personally want them to stay the same.

when they go up: "PFFFFFTTT EVERYONE KNOWS 99.9% OF PLAYERS ARE FROM CHINA"

when they go down: "SEE SEE EVEREH ONES IN TEH WES THINK THIS GAIMES SUKS NAO BC WAS BES NOOBS"

when they stay the same: "meh nothin to see here"
    Exactly ^^

It's funny - it's always the negative. --> I foresee about a 500,000 drop. 9.6 million left next quarter.

At the END OF MOP though -> I foresee about 8 million left.

Game will be like over 9 years old at this point... Remember HALO 1??? Yea - you probably don't

i expect a small drop, mostly because the way the daily reps was set up put some people off ( i am not one of those so this is not a omg i hate dailies complaint )

wow would be profitable at 500k subs. in fact that was there one and only goal when it came out "if it gets to 500k we know weve made it"

the only impact it would have on the game if subs got really low is that content might come out a little slower and realms would have to be merged but as long as its profitable blizzard will continue to make expansions and content for it
    However their production budget is not based off of 500k subs. They can do a lot more with the revenues brought in now than they could with 500k. Yes it could still be profitable but what what expense? Also, source that quote please. EQ barely had 350k The hoped it could be as big as EQ. If they needed WoW to be bigger than EQ that would have been a bad business decision. SWTOR was the only game in recent memory that claimed it needed a specific amount of subs to be profitable.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    More like 60% but close.
    Asian markets were 60% of total accounts at 12M. Most of the acounts lost were Asian accounts. I would easily put Asian accounts at 505 or slightly under. Again how does that matter?

I'd say its gonna stay the same, or maybe go up by a few 100k or so. I dont really see why people care about this though.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Personally I think the newness of Pandaria has faded off and subscriptions are going to be in decline. I predict 8.5million subs, that means 1.5million lost.
    Oh. It's you, sandmoth. Still hate WoW I see.

Anyways nah. Maybe around a 500k loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    10 million or a little less

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    if sub numbers dropped by a million, i guarantee you there would be an influence on the game. because investors wouldnt be happy at a company that saw 10% of its customers walk away and did nothing. the problem is at this stage there is no certainty that what Blizzard would try to do to stem to fall would actually be good, in gameplay terms. a lot of the knee-jerk things they did in Cata actually ended up making it worse, imo.

Funny they had nothing bad to say when WoW lost nearly 25% of its customers over 4 quarters after Cata launched. Investors look for profitability and WoW + Blizzard products make ActivisionBlizzard profitable. A drop in subs unless it is a significant portion that would hurt the bottom line mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we really need ANOTHER one of these threads?
    Still beats the insane amount of Garrosh threads.

Anyway, my personal bet is about 300-500k losses. Then again, during DS in Cata I expected the same amount, but it dropped by 1.1 million.

The newness of MoP has faded away by now, there must be a loss atleast.

I bet you're not really basing this on anything.

Considering this is for the last quarter of 2012 and MoP had recently been released + Christmas holidays - I would say there would be a small increase of maybe 100-200k subs

In the US it went from 25k raiding guilds in Cata down to less than 15k guilds now. That's a 40% drop right there.

But I heard they gave MoP to every D3 player along with a free month so who knows what the numbers will look like.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

I'd probably say 9-10mil. Can't remember what the last sub numbers were.

To people wondering why it's important; people like to know whether other people are doing the same thing as they are.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    In the US it went from 25k raiding guilds in Cata down to less than 15k guilds now. That's a 40% drop right there.

But I heard they gave MoP to every D3 player along with a free month so who knows what the numbers will look like.
    Raiders make up at most about 5-10% of the overall populace of wow, and the deal you're referring to would have expired in october '12 for most that signed up straight away.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Still, I don't know why people can't just wait a few days and find out the real number for themselves.
    Cause some people around here love to talk shit about wow and blizzard in general for whatever reason.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Why does it not matter?
    It doesn't matter because the business aspects of WoW are not a concern to anyone but the company. Your sub does not grant you shareholder status. I'm sure most people aren't playing this game because 10 million others are and if a million step away they feel obliged to as well, and if there are those who do, they are doing it wrong.