Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so now you know how many people can fit in a server. Yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rift has more sub numbers then Eve, which makes your numbers way off.
    Numbers on Xfire:

Eve Online 2871
    RIFT 434

This is activity, not subs, but it's a rather large ratio.

EDIT: and WoW is 20657
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict 9.8m subs give or take 500k

so now you know how many people can fit in a server. Yeah....
    Yeah, because 2 years ago the numbers were calculated and a High Rift Server stood at 1k, a full stood at 1.5k. I give them the benifit of rounding up numbers, so 8 US servers is 16 k users MAX ... IF these are always full, which they are not. So probably around 40k Us and 40k Eu. Eu has a few more servers, but have lesser load due to the language spread among them.

Easy calculation really.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Numbers on Xfire:

Eve Online 2871
    RIFT 434

cause xfire and those very small numbers really show how many subs a game has...

Deleted
    Numbers on Xfire:

Eve Online 2871
    RIFT 434

Where do you see those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Rift crumbled to 8 US servers (coming from 57). That's a 16 k concurrent users max.

I think if these guys have 80k left that they'll crawl to Rome on their knees to thank the Pope.

Nah, all of these competitors to WoW subscriptions that WANTED TO GET TO THE MONEY all went free to play in modest survival mode over the last 4 years.

We won
    Yep we indeed won!

Yeah, because 2 years ago the numbers were calculated and a High Rift Server stood at 1k, a full stood at 1.5k. I give them the benifit of rounding up numbers, so 8 US servers is 16 k users MAX ... IF these are always full, which they are not. So probably around 40k Us and 40k Eu. Eu has a few more servers, but have lesser load due to the language spread among them.

Easy calculation really.
    2 years they were calculated by whom? you? and when they changed the amount of realms they 100% didn't upgrade their servers? the fact that they are still sub based, pretty much proves you numbers are terribad.

10+ Year Old Account

Easy calculation really.
    It's a wonder that they can sustain the game--launching a new expansion, even--with those kind of numbers.

2 years they were calculated by whom? you? and when they changed the amount of realms they 100% didn't upgrade their servers? the fact that they are still sub based, pretty much proves you numbers are terribad.
    They only deleted servers dude, why would they upgrade for a dwindling numbers of players ?

Also the above mentioned figure of western Xfire actvity shows 20% less actvity for Rift than Eve.... Now ... Curiously less than 20% of 400k is ...??. (i mention 400k here for EvE as the rest sits in China and players there are not using these tracking tools).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-02 at 11:43 PM.

They only deleted servers dude, why would they upgrade for a dwindling numbers of players ?

Also the above mentioned figure of western Xfire actvity shows 20% less actvity for Rift than Eve.... Now ... Curiously less than 20% of 400k is ...??. (i mention 400k here for EvE as the rest sits in China).
    So now you actually work at rift with all this inside information you have.

Wow BenBos managed to derail this thread in record time!

Numbers on Xfire:

Eve Online 2871
    RIFT 434

Despite these numbers I would be really surprised if Rift was not at least equal to Eve in sub numbers.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-02 at 11:50 PM.

So now you actually work at rift with all this inside information you have.
    Actually seeing that they down sized their server number from 57 US to 8 in just 2 years time is not really a work of the Cia.

And no the tric of SwTor to name them super servers is not going to stick, as they didn't even put that one up as an excuse..

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

Despite these numbers I would be really surprised if Rift was not at least equal to Eve in sub numbers.
    It's not derailed in the slightest.

Stay on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Actually seeing that they down sized their server number from 57 US to 8 in just 2 years time is not really a work of the Cia.

And no the tric of SwTor to name them super servers is not going to stick, as they didn't even put that one up as an excuse..
    Dude your claiming a game has 80k subs, and is still sub based. You obviously don't know what your talking about. Also i love how Eve went from 500k to 400k in a span of 3 of your posts.

I'm pretty sure Rift has more sub numbers then Eve, which makes your numbers way off.
    I think Rift has a few hundred thousand subscribers.

They don't have as many as you'd think.

Last I heard, which was a year ago and discounts the fact some may have come back to Rift for the Expansion and what not, Rift had about 300k+ subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    It's not derailed in the slightest.

Stay on topic.
    You should apply for the job as moderator :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

Sorry but I never derailed anything.

I just said that WoW had 10.000.000 subscriptions in 2008

And by now WoW is the only one with these same number of subs while 95% of the competion went free to play with most of the things on life support.

So good luck for the usual haters to discuss the "millions" of WoW while most of the rest stand now at ... ZERO subs... That's 0.000.000

We won
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-02 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    You should apply for the job as moderator :P
    Can tell if you're sarcastic or not bud :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I think Rift has a few hundred thousand subscribers.

They don't have as many as you'd think.

Last I heard, which was a year ago and discounts the fact some may have come back to Rift for the Expansion and what not, Rift had about 300k+ subscribers.
    Actually a few hundred thousand is actually what i do believe rift has. IT's just fun proving benbos wrong.