Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    No, it doesnt matter period, you are not an investor
    Do sub numbers even matter for investors?

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    the deal you're referring to would have expired in october '12 for most that signed up straight away.[COLOR="red"]
    You've proven your valor in the battle for Sanctuary in Diablo® III. Now take your skills to Azeroth with a FREE digital copy of World of Warcraft® Battle Chest®, which includes 30 days of game time*, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King® expansion packs.

To claim your copy, simply click the button below:

Or, you can log in to your Battle.net® account, select Games & Codes > Add a Game Key, and enter the CD Key provided below:

`cdkey`

For more information on World of Warcraft and how to get started on your adventure, check out our Beginner's Guide.

Act fast, as you must claim your digital copy on or before Dec 24, 2012.

December 24th would put them in the fourth quarter numbers.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Do sub numbers even matter for investors?
    If the financials are good, no they don't really.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    In the US it went from 25k raiding guilds in Cata down to less than 15k guilds now. That's a 40% drop right there.

But I heard they gave MoP to every D3 player along with a free month so who knows what the numbers will look like.
    they did offer ended Dec 24th

Going down down down down down down...
    People are just waiting for 5.2 now.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If the financials are good, no they don't really.

That's what I figured only thing investors care about is if the company is making profit or not

I don´t think we ever knew how much over 10M it got. If it was 10.5M, then I could see them saying ´still above 10M´ or something like that. I really can´t see it climbing from where it was right after MoP launched, but I don´t think it dropped much either. If it was 10.1M last time, I can see them saying ´almost 10M´ this time or something like that.

People need to realize the big drop in Cata was because of the lack of content for casual players. you got to 85 and had nothing to do but run 8 heroic dungeons non-stop. With MoP, the opposite is true, there is probably too much for us to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Because it's of no influence on the game and because the majority (probably 95% if I'd have to say a number) is not an investor and is therefor not affected.
    Relly? How do you think they keep delevoping stuff in world of warcraft? With a high amount of good will? Or thanks to the magic of the money?

Less subscriptions means less income, less income means less employees, less employees means less contente. So yeah, think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I raise you with a billion subs!
    SEVEN BILLION SUBS!!

nah, JK. I think it'll be about the same as now. I don't really care about it though. even if it goes down to 5M, it'll still be more profitable than it's competitors anyway
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

December 24th would put them in the fourth quarter numbers.
    Yeah, but the actual deal, ie the Annual Pass was announced on the 20something october at blizzcon, alot of people signed up for it straight away thus the contract would have expired on october.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    In the US it went from 25k raiding guilds in Cata down to less than 15k guilds now. That's a 40% drop right there.
    According to Blizzard (I can't quote the post but it is somewhere) the introduction of LFR increased the people that are raiding imensly (idc if you say LFR is no raid, but there are lots of people doing it). People have not stoped playing, they just stoped raiding normals.

It's probably somewhere on the long list of things I don't give a damn about.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Relly? How do you think they keep delevoping stuff in world of warcraft? With a high amount of good will? Or thanks to the magic of the money?

Less subscriptions means less income, less income means less employees, less employees means less contente. So yeah, think again.
    Subscriptions matter to the average player for 2 reasons

1. Staffing - This doesn´t matter for WOW since they never really ramped up staffing to begin with. But for games like The Secret World.. loss of subscriptions meant half the dev team terminated and customer support team non-existent. I think WOW would have to drop a long way before it resulted in dev team being reduced in size.

2. Radical Changes - This one does affect WOW. If (and when they did in Cata) WOW loses a substantial amount of players, it kinda forces radical changes in the game. One of the reasons we have so many dailies, and gated dailies is that one of the biggest reasons CATA lost so many subscribers is because there was almost nothing for non-raiders to do after the first month of Cata. Then later on you had the huge drop after DS was released and we realized there would be 8 or more months again(same as wotlk) with no new content. The first time (wotlk) seemed strange, but the second time it set a pattern, and we unsubscribed because of that pattern. The two most radical changes in MoP ( the huge amount of casual content and the rapid deployment of patches) came about because of the reasons for the huge drop in subs during Cata. If there is no huge drop in subs, then the devs are more likely to maintain the status quo. The devs are always going to try new things, but a drop in subs forces them to be more radical in those decisions.

I suspect a moderate drop, maybe 500K. The wild card is China. We don't know how well the expansion has been received there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First thing's first, I don't believe the whole "XFire is an accurate predictor of WoW subs" thing. I don't know anyone that still uses XFire.
    Also can't use WoWCensus since that's still figuring out data parses from December...

So really all we can do is guess.

I would say holding steady at 9.8-10.3 million.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

We don't need a thread every few weeks for the same topic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I suspect a moderate drop, maybe 500K. The wild card is China. We don't know how well the expansion has been received there.
    Do you really think there will be a drop? I suspect you may be right, but somehow I can't shake the feeling that there is going to be slight rise (although I'm not sure this will be due to western subs). I agree China is an unknown but with Christmas and the release of MOP in China I would have thought the very least Blizzard would be hoping for is subs remaining steady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We don't need a thread every few weeks for the same topic.
    And We do not need you playing back seat mod.

Around 9 million +/- 300k

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Do you really think there will be a drop?
    If I had to guess, then yet I'd say there would be a slight drop. After a large influx, some people will not like a new expansion, and so some fraction will leave again.

I doubt there will be a catastrophic decline. But as I said, China is the wild card.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"