Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    9.0 Millions, no where near the quality of WOW classic and TBC. WOW doesnt even have 20% of the hours played of League of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    9.0 Millions, no where near the quality of WOW classic and TBC. WOW doesnt even have 20% of the hours played of League of Legends.
    tbc was the worst expansion of all time and ruined some of the best things from warcraft 3
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the only impact it would have on the game if subs got really low is that content might come out a little slower and realms would have to be merged but as long as its profitable blizzard will continue to make expansions and content for it
    not really eve online has 400k subs and they have 2 expansions per year.

The only thing it would do was decrease the amount of money they can dedicate to other projects. and with only 500k subs, the upkeep cost of servers will be dramatically lowered since there is no need of that many servers.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Curious that I can cite the exact same wording from posters in the year 2007. " I think that WOW is now facing an unassailable decline, what is interesting is how Blizzard will react to this. I think they are learning an expensive lesson in that they cannot dictate to players how they consume content and play the game

Here just random source you can find from 2007:
    link: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...24170/page/748

Quote:

"... Wow will lose players to those games because right now there isn't much competion. Blizzard will be forced to restructure the game a lot and add more content. They will also have to buff up the graphic a lot. If Blizzard spend some of the kazillion money they gotten they can still be the leading game in a few years but eventually every great game declines.

My guess would be a million players by 2010 unless they make a really big change and then 100K by 2015 but don't underestimated Blizzard. Of course they might eventually be forced to stop charging monthly if they want new players, GW2 will be free and that might put a new standard. That and new content could give them even more players that they already have.

End quote.

A good laugh really.

But you can find MILLIONS of these posts from 2007 ...

What makes it really funny is that these "new games" are now on zero subs counts...

I am not sure why you are quoting my post and saying it came from 2007. However in 2007 WOW was on an unstoppable rise in popularity today it is not, that does not make it bad game. Do you think that WOW is going to gain subs and if so what do you think Blizzard is going to do that they have not already tried?

What have "new games" got to do this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    not really eve online has 400k subs and they have 2 expansions per year.

The only thing it would do was decrease the amount of money they can dedicate to other projects. and with only 500k subs, the upkeep cost of servers will be dramatically lowered since there is no need of that many servers.
    isnt eve like a space ship mmo where most of the content is driven by what players do O_o
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    They exist in a state of denial for which their is no revelation.
    I like how you agree with that yet won't acknowledge the same is held true for the anti-WoW folks. These people are far worse than any fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am not sure why you are quoting my post and saying it came from 2007. However in 2007 WOW was on an unstoppable rise in popularity today it is not, that does not make it bad game. Do you think that WOW is going to gain subs and if so what do you think Blizzard is going to do that they have not already tried?

the quotes from 2007 are from the link he posted. hes saying that people have been saying the exact same things about wow since it came out which is true.

in vanilla ER MAH GERD WOW IS SO EASY LRN TO PLAY EVERQUEST LIKE A REAL GAMER YOU CARE BEARS

in bc OH MEH GOD THIS SUCKS GIVE US VANILLA ONLY SERVERS WOWS DEAD

in wrath OH MEH GOD THIS GAME IS SO EASY AND FOR CASUALS OH MEH GOD BC WAS BEST

in cata OH MEH GOD THIS GAME IS FOR HARDCORES AND GEAR IS TO EASY TO GET ITS FOR CASUALS AND WRATH AND BC WAS BEST OH MEH GOD

in mists its ER MAH GERD KUNG FU PANDA AND POKEMON AND DAILIES OH MEH GOD IS LIEK ARGENT TOURNAMENT ALL THE TIME WITH PO JUMPIN WIT A PIKACHU ER MAH GERD\

next expansion ER MAH GER BLIZZARD BURNING LEGION? SRSLY? REHASH TRYING TO GET BC PLAYERS BACK ER MAH GERD I WANTED ERMERLD DRAIME

the quotes from 2007 are from the link he posted. hes saying that people have been saying the exact same things about wow since it came out which is true.

in vanilla ER MAH GERD WOW IS SO EASY LRN TO PLAY EVERQUEST LIKE A REAL GAMER YOU CARE BEARS

in cata OH MEH GOD THIS GAME IS FOR HARDCORES AND GEAR IS TO EASY TO GET ITS FOR CASUALS AND WRATH AND BC WAS BEST OH MEH GOD

in mists its ER MAH GERD KUNG FU PANDA AND POKEMON AND DAILIES OH MEH GOD IS LIEK ARGENT TOURNAMENT ALL THE TIME WITH PO JUMPIN WIT A PIKACHU ER MAH GERD\

next expansion ER MAH GER BLIZZARD BURNING LEGION? SRSLY? REHASH TRYING TO GET BC PLAYERS BACK ER MAH GERD I WANTED ERMERLD DRAIME
    ....I'm actually dying in laughter from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

No the same wording of your post about declining WOW can be searched for as early as 2007. I put your quote first and then added just a random post you could find anywhere on the internet back in 2007.

In 2007 everyone of these dudes agreed WOW would decline from now on and in this case it would be 2010 before 1 million subs would be reached.

The "new games" back then were just the usual WOW killers announced like Lotro (just released), Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan, Warhammer, and yes the man was a reknown GW2 promoter (even back then)...

All these "new games" would take huge parts of that greedy Blizzard game and certainly its subscriber base ...

Your post is the exact same: WOW subs will decline. Sure. Back then in 2007, after all Blizzard was already 3 years old, it would decline to 1 million in 2010...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...24170/page/748

I'm sorry I don't understand most of what you have posted. But do you think that WOW is facing a decline in sub numbers or is going to gain players? What do you think Blizzard can to do to turn around previous losses?

No the same wording of your post about declining WOW can be searched for as early as 2007. I put your quote first and then added just a random post you could find anywhere on the internet back in 2007.

In 2007 everyone of these dudes agreed WOW would decline from now on and in this case it would be 2010 before 1 million subs would be reached.

The "new games" back then were just the usual WOW killers announced like Lotro (just released), Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan, Warhammer, and yes the man was a reknown GW2 promoter (even back then)...

All these "newe games" would take huge parts of that greedy Blizzard game.

Your post is the exact same: WOW subs will decline. Sure. Back then in 2007, after all Blizzard was already 3 years old it would decline to 1 million in 2010...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...24170/page/748

Times have changed in six years. In 2007 WOW was an unstoppable juggernaut now it has faced almost two years of decline which only an expansion launch has this turned around. Given that Blizzard cannot launch a new expansion every couple of months do you think that WOW is going to gain subs? If so what do you think Blizzard will do differently?
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-03 at 01:26 AM.

I predict this topic will turn in to a shit storm of wow players vs wow haters, i also suspect most of us are sick of said topics.

and no more then 200k loss

I'm sorry I don't understand most of what you have posted. But do you think that WOW is facing a decline in sub numbers or is going to gain players? What do you think Blizzard can to do to turn around previous losses?
    its to early to guess right now. my gut says it will decline slowly over time and have ups and downs insubs. but it really depends on how subs are by the end of mists. if they go down the entire time like in cata then its not likely to ever go up much higher again. if they continue to fluctuate at or around 8.5 - 10 million throughout the expansion then its up in the air

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    I predict this topic will turn in to a shit storm of wow players vs wow haters, i also suspect most of us are sick of said topics.

and no more then 200k loss
    It will turn in to faboys vs wow haters

And I would expect pre mop numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    It will turn in to faboys vs wow haters

And I would expect pre mop numbers
    you expect 12 million subs O_o

its to early to guess right now. my gut says it will decline slowly over time and have ups and downs insubs. but it really depends on how subs are by the end of mists. if they go down the entire time like in cata then its not likely to ever go up much higher again. if they continue to fluctuate at or around 8.5 - 10 million throughout the expansion then its up in the air
    I am in agreement with you that WOW is going to slowly decline, that does not mean I hate WOW I am quite enjoying my time in it at the moment, in case people were wondering. I think that the population is going to become more transient in the future and I am interested in how Blizzard will react to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "nothing lasts forever and I think that WOW is now facing an unassailable decline"
    That is probably what he is aiming at.

People have been saying that for 5 years now; Five years ago they claimed WoW would lose most of the subs within the next years.
    Five years ago people have been yelling that new games would dominate the market.
    But the truth is: WoW hardly lost anything and is still the king in subscriptions.

Don't take this in a bad way, but posts like yours remind me off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM
    For the last 4.5 years I have been reading this forum and every month people would claim that NOW WoW would really 'fall' and lose a terrible amount of subs.
    Every single time WoW was hardly scratched and survived everything that the competitors could throw against them.

And did you know what those users said?
    Did they apologize for being wrong?
    No no, they responded with: "But the next quarter they will have lost tons of subs and the next game will destroy WoW!"
    After almost 5 years that is really annoying.
    Honestly you need to stop taking what people say about WOW so personally. Oh and I like your thinly disguised Inspector Gadget insult.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-03 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you expect 12 million subs O_o
    8.5-9 million was pre mop

pre cata was 12 million

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    8.5-9 million was pre mop

pre cata was 12 million
    i thought numbers never dropped below 9.9 before mists came out

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "nothing lasts forever and I think that WOW is now facing an unassailable decline"
    That is probably what he is aiming at.

People have been saying that for 5 years now; Five years ago they claimed WoW would lose most of the subs within the next years.
    Five years ago people have been yelling that new games would dominate the market.
    But the truth is: WoW hardly lost anything and is still the king in subscriptions.

Don't take this in a bad way, but posts like yours remind me off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM
    For the last 4.5 years I have been reading this forum and every month people would claim that NOW WoW would really 'fall' and lose a terrible amount of subs.
    Every single time WoW was hardly scratched and survived everything that the competitors could throw against them.

And did you know what those users said?
    Did they apologize for being wrong?
    No no, they responded with: "But the next quarter they will have lost tons of subs and the next game will destroy WoW!"
    After almost 5 years that is really annoying.
    Since the quote I referred to was from Mar 2007, that's 6 years already

It shows that indeed these kind of threads always existed and it is always the "next report" or "next year" that will certainly hunt down Blizzard.

Could be ? Sure, but SO many unknown and uncontrollable facts are involved that making these claims are useless.

Examples? too many to choose from but : ... another payment scheme, or a BETA access to Titan for those getting WOW subs.. etc, a graphical overhaul, the deletion of realms, ... you name it.

What these people forget is that Blizzard has the keys of control, and the position of being the only ones left with such subscription numbers.

In fact 2013 is much calmer for WOW subs than 2012... Who knows what they'l bring in 2014

And by 2015 there is this movie thing coming. Perhaps an ideal way to give free subs for 2 months for all movie ticket owners ...

Not sure if that is a typo but WOW dropped to 9.1 million prior to 5.0 when it went back up to 10 million.

Since the quote I referred to was from Mar 2007, that's 6 years already

It shows that indeed these kind of threads always existed and it is always the "next report" or "next year" that will certainly hunt down Blizzard.

Could be ? Sure, but SO many unknown and uncontrollable facts are involved that making these claims are useless.

Examples? too many to choose from but : ... another payment scheme, or a BETA access to Titan for those getting WOW subs.. etc, a graphical overhaul, the deletion of realms, ... you name it.

What these people forget is that Blizzard has the keys of control, and the position of being the only ones left with such subscription numbers.

In fact 2013 is much calmer for WOW subs than 2012... Who knows what they'l bring in 2014

And by 2015 there is this movie thing coming. Perhaps an ideal way to give free subs for 2 months for all movie ticket owners ...
    So do you think WOW will gain or lose subs? As Titan is rumoured to be free to play why do think people will pay to play a beta version? If past performance is anything to go by 2014 will bring nothing for several months and towards the end there will be an expansion. 2015 is a long way away and there is no guarantee that the movie will be out by then and that it would appeal to non-WOW players. Free subscription seems like a bad idea to me, the majority of people that go to see the movie will already be subscribers thus they will lose sub money those that are not are unlikely to spend £80 plus buying WOW plus four or five expansions in order take advantage of a free subscription.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-03 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    9.1 million before mop