Poll: Do you still love the game?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I love WoW - but I hate playing it.

It's getting at me, because I really love WoW and everything to do with Warcraft. I constantly read forums, speculate about future lore and content, and create my own fan art / fiction.

Still, whenever I play the game for more than a week or so, I get sick of it and cancel my subscription.

Does anyone feel the same? Is Warcraft more of a wonderful universe to stay in touch with for you, than it is an actual game? If you've found a way to manage this, what are your tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i really love wow and i like playing it, but i don't know why i get tired of it fast (maybe because my computer is to shitty and don't let me do most of the things), and once i wanted to play GW2 but then i was like: "GW2 looks so cool but.... i like the warcraft universe way too much to just leave it... D:"

I once said that playing WoW is like eating ice cream with a hot fork.

Seems you feel the same way, oddly enough though - I no longer feel that way since I stopped the 'must do everything today' mentality.

I love wow but I started hating playing it after cata, so I just play on classic/TBC/wotlk servers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    stop playing the game itself, start buying books/magazines..

Deleted
    I confess that I still like one aspect of the gameplay - leveling new characters with friends. That's almost like going back in time, and it rocks.

Interesting views though, guys.

Ever come across the feeling where you get nostalgic about doing X in WoW and immediately feel like you have to start again?

Same here.

I consider myself a lore buff. I enjoy listening to podcast and reading up about the happenings of Azeroth. But at this point in time in my life I need to deticate my time to other things besides gaming for 15+ hours a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

It is a good thing that there is a lot of the story you can get outside the game. And you can meter that too.

Deleted
    I understand the sentiment. I can't say I'm really as passionate about WoW's gameplay as I used to be (though I still like playing it), but I certainly love the universe as much as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I once said that playing WoW is like eating ice cream with a hot fork.

Seems you feel the same way, oddly enough though - I no longer feel that way since I stopped the 'must do everything today' mentality.
    Yeah i think that way now and it makes it more fun to play and not just sometime i do all days..., but right now i stopped playing until my next vacation where i plan to start playing again with a friend..., and we all know that everything is way better when you're doing it with a friend

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played WoW for so long, and I know everything worth knowing about the game, so it doesn’t surprise me or affect me anymore. Which is why I can’t enjoy it. I still like the universe though.

I go through moments of loving and hating it. Generally I love it when I get a new upgrade, and hate it when I have to do all the unenjoyable parts again till I can get my next upgrade.

Where is the option of like the warcraft universe but not the games anymore (wow has molested the warcraft lore and wc3 had ace story but terrible as a game)

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love playing every now and then. I just don't do it as much as I used to.
    I also play through WC3 + TFT for good measure from time to time.

I still love it.

I still play it.

I still plan to work for the company who built a game whose story completely immerses me.

Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zera View Post
    Where is the option of like the warcraft universe but not the games anymore (wow has molested the warcraft lore and wc3 had ace story but terrible as a game)
    That's the 3rd option mate. O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Enid (you know, the vague Jurassic Park reference?)
    I haven't leveled an alt in awhile but i know for sure the gameplay at high end is pretty lackluster in the PvP department. I think they forgot about PvP actually. And the story... lol. I came from the Warcraft 3 era, where the story was interesting, so as WoW progresses its even more of a let down. I'm thinking they dumped all their money into raids and said forget the rest. Might as well skip the world and just have a q for raid before you enter the world. Kinda like joining a game of League of Legends or something. They are most def milking it for all its worth, and the problem is that the game is so much more smooth than any new game, you can easily say "well the content is about the same but WoW is much more polished at this point in time". Hopefully they step up their game in the world and World PvP categories and I would love to see the removal of Pvp gear so the players would be brought back together. Surely there's a way to make that happen, and does it really matter where you get the gear? especially if you are bringing the player, not the class or gear.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but not active as in I only log in for dailys and thats all. I enjoy the little time I have in the game

There aren't any mountains to climb in WoW anymore, you can get the best view by walking down the sidewalk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    [...]

Does anyone feel the same? Is Warcraft more of a wonderful universe to stay in touch with for you, than it is an actual game? If you've found a way to manage this, what are your tips?
    Yes.

Tips?

I'm pretty much in the same boat, but likely different background and reasons.

Honestly, enjoy yourself in your leisure time. If that means you don't play the game but love to look up art, lore, or discuss the game what's wrong really? Who's to say who is a real fan or that you must play WoW in order to enjoy the franchise? The irony is, you likely know a lot more about WoW than some of the average players who play but have no idea about the game itself.

You could wait for a patch or expansion, play it super casual, or maybe a franchise you'll enjoy (because its doubting the franchise ends after WoW). There's also books and artwork which you may enjoy.

Now my reasons for disliking WoW is not a fan of the latest expansion's theme, not enjoying certain aspects of the new expansion I find important, and also I've had it with the mindless grinds. There's other games which, thank God, have far less to no grinds, but which are still fantasy MMORPGs. If your issue with WoW is similar, that could be an alternative for you as well.