Poll: How did I do?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You know, if they implemented this class, it would be my first Goblin I ever rolled. I just don't feel that any current WoW class fits that race. They just seem so advanced compared to the rest of Azeroth. Frankly, their starting zone was really jarring to me because it was so modern.
    Agreed. The fact that Gnome and Goblin classes are so... non-Gnome and Goblin made me unwilling to level one past lvl 20. It's just too... Eh.

I adore this class and everything it represents. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    It would get locked anyway because of double topics, I'll post it in the next weeks. My idea was to have 4 specs (Clockwork (PVP), Steam Warfare (Melee DPS), Chemist (Healer), Golem Mastery (Tank) with rifleman/demolitionist the default form ofTinker.)

and seeing that you didn't go into details for Chemist I can post a suggestion for it's gameplay.(energy system)
    Understandable. Love the spec variety you have there as well. Feel free to use any ideas you see here, or from my older Tinker thread that you can find in the OP.

Updated a couple of things, nothing major. Just cleaned up some stuff, and got rid of pistols as a weapon type. Made it as an ability for the Gunnery Tinker instead.

Really like the Gunnery spec. Always thought WoW could use a "gunslinger" spec or class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chemists use a whole-new different resource system which focuses on the player’s management skill. It is not very complex, but it may sound confusing to readers because it’s very different than the traditional energy systems healers in WoW have.
    Rather than your abilities consuming energy, your spells will “increase” your energy system, while a few spells consume these “piled up” energies.

The “gas” system.

My version of chemist carries around a gas capsule on it’s back, which is attached to a gun via one or several tubes. This gun is actually a gas discharging device (much like the gas guns Forsaken plaguebringers used on the Vrykul in Northrend.)

Gas system is represented under the player’s health bar as a unique bar partitioned into 3 parts, these parts are not separate from one another but each of them indicate different “stages” of the player’s energy system. The player must plan his next spells accordingly in order to manage his abilities as best as he can.

Gas system is unique because it does not “consume” energy and players will not “run out” of energy during a battle. Rather than that you have to “manage” your energy and keep it balanced in order to prevent your substance to become inefficent or volatile.
    The effectiveness of your abilities depends directly on how much energy you currently have, too low and you can’t use your abilities to their full capacity. Too volatile and your abilities have a very high chance of failing to be cast. If your energy is at 100% capacity you have a 90% chance of failure.

The three parts are as follows :

-Low gas level : 0-20% gas
    This is your primary level, a Chemist does not have gas in his tank when he starts a fight. The gass will be generated when he casts an ability.

-Medium level : 20-70%
    Secondary level, if a chemist adds a different color now it will not replace the last but rather mixes with it to create a secondary color. Secondary colors are better because 1) they let you cast abilities of both colors. 2) all strong abilities require the secondary color to be cast.
    At this level your gas level will have a degeneration rate until you are down to 20% again.

-High level : 70-100%

Your gas tank has become volatile and your substances are less likely to work now, the more gas you have the less your chances will be. A 75% full gas has 50% chance of failing and 100% full gas has 90% of failing.
    The degeneration rate will now be stronger until player reaches below 70% gas again.

Also, in addition to the gas system theres a gas color subsystem. Each ability you cast will add a color to the tank, each class of abilities has a different color.

Healing spells are blue, damaging spells are red, utility spells are yellow.

Once a spell is cast it will add the color of it’s respected class to the tank. Once a color is added all spells of the same class will have their efficiency increased. In addition, once another class of spell is cast it will mix with the last color and create a new color.

Blue + red = purple
    Red + yellow = orange
    yellow + blue = green

These secondary colors allow the Chemist to cast the tier 2 spells which are stronger than basic spells. Like AOE HoTs and strong single target heals . once a third color is added the cycle will be reset, the third color will replace the secondary color and players must again mix it with a second color to produce the desired secondary color.

For example :

The Chemist casts a single target heal on the tank, is tank is empty at first but upon cast it will have 10% doze of blue gas. It’s the primary color, so the Chemists next healing spell is stronger.

A second healing is cast with stronger effect, the bar is now at 20% and has entered the “medium” level. Now your gas level will have a degeneration rate until they go down to 20% again.

The Chemist casts a buff on the tank which adds yellow to the tank, we now have 30% green gas. Now the AOE healing spell requires us to have either green or purple gas in our tank. So now the Chemist spams AOE heal on tank causing his tank to go up to 70% yellow color. The tank is now at high level, high level starts an even stronger gas degeneration rate to quickly reduce the gas level to 20% but our Chemist doesn’t pay attention to it because he is busy spamming heals on tank. Most of his spells will not work now and he is forced to either wait until his gas level is down to below 50% or use certain abilities with global cooldowns to quicky empty his gas bar.

The more stat your Chemist has, the stronger his heals will be, the faster his gas degeneration rate will be and the less likely he will be to fail his spells when his gas level is at high level.

Any single target healing spell that Chemists use generate

The idea is to dump the traditional mana system with a unique system which focuses on a different sort of management and patience. you will suffer the same effects other healers face during long fights but in a different manner(you do not run out of energy, you need to watch your energy bar and keep it at a steady level to succeed). You will need to watch your overheals and spams if you want to have a stable gas tank and a happy group.

I haven’t worked on the abilities yet.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-06-04 at 09:20 PM.

I had a very similar idea to this, here on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199033097

The only major difference is that my ranged DPS spec (Bombardment) is focused more on rockets and bombs than guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Centauri View Post
    I had a very similar idea to this, here on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199033097

The only major difference is that my ranged DPS spec (Bombardment) is focused more on rockets and bombs than guns.
    Very nice work. It's good to see so many other players advocate for a technology class on the official forums. I saw a really great Artificer and Gyromancer thread as well. Hopefully Blizzard is paying attention.

Would be awesome if blizzard looked at all these ideas and went "Huh this is something people want" and saw that we all had put a lot of work into making our class designs and took parts of them.

Mine---http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1315540-Tinker-class-idea-I-had

Quote Originally Posted by Noden View Post
    Would be awesome if blizzard looked at all these ideas and went "Huh this is something people want" and saw that we all had put a lot of work into making our class designs and took parts of them.

Mine---http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1315540-Tinker-class-idea-I-had
    If it was something people wanted so bad, you wouldnt have to necro threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    My money shut up and take it. (also would be a guaranteed gnome for me, and I HATE gnomes)

it still wont happen due to engineers, alchemists, hunters, and rogues.
    Nearly every thing you listed can be found in one of those four, or is way too OP.
    Tinkers are ALREADY in game here is where you can find these abilitys

Tinker Tincture: Alchemy health pot, rogue shiv with leeching
    Jump Start: sounds like an OP version of focused shot from hunters
    Flame Thrower: Goblin Dragon Gun/Goblin Dragon Gun, Mark II
    Pocket Transporter: blink, rocket jump, disengage
    Repair Bot 2.0: blizz would never lower the fee, also jeeves

Clockwork
    Robo-Arms: would be super hard to code
    Magnetic Field: deathgrip
    Smackdown: kidney shot
    Personal Force Field: Grounded Plasma Shield tinker from engi
    Robo-Tinker (CD): warlocks metamorphosis

Other abilities:
    -Blitz: charge + thunderclap
    -Heat Seeking Missiles: goblin racial, 2 tinkers and 1 engi trinket
    -Pocket Factory: Exploding sheep without a CD

-Repair: Mechanical Repair Kit
    -Sentry Bot: Goblin Bomb Dispenser/Gnomish Alarm-o-Bot
    -Healbot 4000: JC stone statues
    -Cluster Rockets: almost every engi bomb
    -Hack: Gnomish Universal Remote
    -Reboot: OP

Chemical
    -Potion Pitch: fan of knives

-Adrenaline Shot: troll and orc racials, soul stone, reincarnation darkmoon card twisting nether a bit too
    -Phoenix Fire Potion: many healing aoes and dps aoes put together, would be too OP
    -Resuscitation: Gnomish Army Knife/jumper cables
    -Healing Spray: healing rain, shamans
    -Acid Bomb: FoK with the new glyph in 5.4, also tallstrider pets
    -R.A.G.E. Potion: (CD) OP and too much trolling potential
    -Gas Mask: (passive) various old alchemist pots and first aid
    -Transmute to Gold: (CD) Golden Fleece + touch of death

Gunnery
    -Sharpshooting: basic bleed
    -Burst shot: tidal wave thingy druids have
    -Ricochet: cleave, also Shuriken toss + blade flurry
    -Buckshot: there are lots of these
    -Crossfire: FoK
    -Bullet Time: OP also evasion/cloak of shadows
    -Pistol Whip: disorienting shot
    -Vault: disengage
    -Rapid Fire: lots of things including tinkers from engi
    -Grenade: engi bombs
    - Stasis Grenade: again engi bombs do this
    -Spider Mine: Goblin Bomb Dispenser
    -Ghost Hunter: windfury

you should say that the "leaked" picture could be a fake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Anyone with basic knowledge of photoshop could have created that image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    I will, once the OP is redone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Most images are done by photoshop these days. Just because its from photoshop doesn't mean its a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    yeah, and everyone with basic knowledge could read that "Rise of the Legion" is a fan idea.
    and yet the web is full with people believing it is true.
    just google it and you will see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I will, once the OP is redone.
    Then ignore what I said ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    /snip
    Thanks for the feedback. When I redo this class concept, I'll take your criticisms into consideration.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Me like. Especially the idea of finally having pistols. <3

You have my support for this idea, sir!

Deleted
    From GC's twitter;

Q; Is the Tinker a class that you feel would fit into WoW? I'd love to see it.
    A; Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment.

Probably not gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    From GC's twitter;

Q; Is the Tinker a class that you feel would fit into WoW? I'd love to see it.
    A; Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW. Would depend on the treatment.

Probably not gonna happen.
    Meh, that's debatable. He said it's too "fantasious" for Wow, but if implemented correctly, it'd work.

I think he means the tinker concept is a little too out of the Wow context (specially because of Warcraft primarly being almost without any technology), but if the story comes to a point where it can be fit, it would work.

Good or bad, feedback from him is always nice! D
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Deleted
    Meh, that's debatable. He said it's too "fantasious" for Wow, but if implemented correctly, it'd work.
    Yeah, but if one thing's almost certain though, is that they're probably not working on Tinkers right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Yeah, but if one thing's almost certain though, is that they're probably not working on Tinkers right now.
    Yep.

That's good, maybe they're more focused on Player Models and (I hope) 4th spec!

My guess is if we get Tinker, it'll be the other expansion (after this one), seeing that technology in-game will have advanced a lot more.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim