15+ Year Old Account

New Podcast: LowPopWoW, looking for ideas, suggestions, and guests

Hello! I run <Wicked>, a small raiding guild on Malorne-US, currently ranked by wow.realmpop.com as being in the bottom thirty for total population. We formed during the Burning Crusade and have raided weekly since Tempest Keep was current-breaking only for leveling after a new expansion.

After struggling to recruit, raid reliably, form social activities, find skilled progression players for years, I was stunned to hear that there are more than thirty servers in worse shape than Malorne--and that's just US side.

As we all know, Blizzard has tried to address population issues with various methods: Cross-Realm Zones, LFR and LFD. This is great for non-progression raiders and those happy playing with strangers. But these solutions do not help those of us on smaller realms attract and recruit the skilled players we need to actually move forward the way we wish, and it does not help us to find people to build long-term wow relationships with.

A semi-casual guild like our own isn't world-ranked; we can't convince people to spend their hard-earned cash to transfer very easily. Even working to build a casual set of activities so that we can attract a wider variety of players has challenges on a low pop server.

So...
    I would like to hear from other people on low-pop servers--how do you deal with our unique challenges? What tips do you have for GM's in these situations? How can we survive until Blizzard offers us a more permanent solution?

My hope is that this may help us to draw some additional attention to our cause, as well as being entertaining and helpful. I am a professor with a background in new media and business, and will be hosting the podcast with my Social Officer. We would love to hear from GM's and Officers on low-pop servers who have radio and New Media experience to guest on our first few episodes. I would also LOVE to hear suggestions regarding what specific topics you would like us to cover.

We will survive!

Please email me at argothea@gmail.com with your ideas and suggestions, and if you are interested in being a guest, give me a short run-down of your radio/new media background. If you have something unique to contribute, we will do screening interviews in vent or via Skype.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback I have received from a few of you via email--I will be appearing as a guest on the next episode of MyEpicHeals, if anyone is interested in hearing a bit more about the project.