Deleted

Do you ever feel like just killing mobs just for a change of pace?

I mean, there are a lot of things to do solo in the game - Farmville, Pet battles, dailies.

Don't you sometimes feel like just going out in the world and mindlessly kill mobs without having to do only the few things the game expect you to do, like the the 3 activities I mention above?

For me that is the only thing that WoW needs to make it even better. Some sort of reward for just going out there and killing mobs of the appropriate level. A reward like faction reputation (to the daily cap, of course) without the need to do dailies.

I know most people hate grinding, but I would love for the option to be there...

Deleted
    Isn't gold/treasure the reward? I have made alot of money by killing things. Some mobs give for example black prince rep currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can lvl to 90 just by killing mobs, if that is your forte. Pretty sure 'insane in the membrane' achievement requires you to kill a shit ton of mobs for reputation, never tried it.

If you like killing mobs randomly there are a lot of rare items that could drop.. like the parrot I got one time while leveling in STV. Sold it for like 5k gold on my server.

Skyshard farming, do it every once in a while, mostly to test different talents effectiveness' against real enemies.

"No! Hemet Nesingwary and his ilk have spilled enough innocent blood across the sacred plains! Put down your weapons." -- D.E.H.T.A. advocate

Usually when I feel like that I go grind for Skyshards so that I could maybe one day get myself alani.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Well there's currently Skyshard farming for those who like endless grinding. And in the next patch there will be the Isle of Giants. Full of dinos for you to slay which in the end rewards mounts, a pet and harmonies from those dino bones and the plural in mounts is because they also give eggs which can drop a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
    Well there's currently Skyshard farming for those who like endless grinding. And in the next patch there will be the Isle of Giants. Full of dinos for you to slay which in the end rewards mounts, a pet and harmonies from those dino bones and the plural in mounts is because they also give eggs which can drop a mount.
    Really? Awesome. I thought they only dropped the bones that can be exchanged for the raptor.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As everyone has pointed out, Skyshard farming, even if you'v already got Alani you can still farm them to sell the mount, You get quite a few greens you can sell/DE, and ofcourse BoEs that could drop etc etc^^

usually this happens to me either during vs horde quest where ill keep killing the horde until i finish all the quests not just the "kill 10 horde" quest. or whenever i see mobs fighting other mobs.i sometimes get it in my head that if i save enough of them they'll all start ganging up on the enemy and push them back O-O but alas le respawn

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Really? Awesome. I thought they only dropped the bones that can be exchanged for the raptor.
    no they also have a rare chance to drop an egg that after a couple days hatches and has a chance at a mount. i think they also have a chance to drop a black primal raptor. that might be the one from the egg though idk
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I tend to do it in other games that are more like skyrim or w/e. not so much in WoW though.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they also have a rare chance to drop an egg that after a couple days hatches and has a chance at a mount. i think they also have a chance to drop a black primal raptor. that might be the one from the egg though idk
    Wow so its an even bigger grind than skyshards, I dont know whether I have that much time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Skyshard farming, do it every once in a while, mostly to test different talents effectiveness' against real enemies.
    Skyshard farming used to end up as a PvP slaughterfest, ganking and corpse camping on my server. Always had to do it in full pvp gear and pvp spec.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Wow so its an even bigger grind than skyshards, I dont know whether I have that much time lol.
    well i think the egg is a pretty common drop. its pretty much the oracle egg from wrath except its dinosaurs instead of proto drakes and birds.

if your someone like me who was planning on farming for the white raptor anyways its kind of a nice bonus.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    For me that is the only thing that WoW needs to make it even better. Some sort of reward for just going out there and killing mobs of the appropriate level. A reward like faction reputation (to the daily cap, of course) without the need to do dailies.
    The problem is that if they did that, you would have all the morons who would immediately feel "forced" to do it just because it's there, and never stop complaining about "terrible design" and Blizzard making them mindlessly kill thousands of mobs just to keep them hooked to the game with the cheapest means possible.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Don't you sometimes feel like just going out in the world and mindlessly kill mobs without having to do only the few things the game expect you to do, like the the 3 activities I mention above?
    All the time. I know I enjoy a character when I feel like endlessly slaughtering rows of mobs just because; I have always felt this way on my warrior, a walking meat grinder of joyous carnage. That's "playing the game" in its most basic form, beautiful in its simplicity.

Daily quests that demand to simply kill X mobs I actually enjoy and continue doing long after I'm done with the reputation.

Not really in WOW unless I have a good and steady AOE ability.

TERA makes grinding mobs addictive because the game play of herding enemies and attacking with your own reflexes is addictive and fun.

Wildstar makes mob grinding look pretty fun too, because you can make them shoot each other on accident, and you can spook a herd of goats into stampeding and trampling into enemies, or you can make an enemy follow you and kite him into environmental dangers like man eating carnivorous plants or something like lava I suppose.

I think WOW could be improved by something like that.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunt down Major Nanners and take his Helpful Wikky's Whistle ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=86594 ) and receive a reward bag for every 50ish mobs killed on a 2hr CD.
    "Brevity is...wit"