Spriest PVP Mana

So, am i the only one constantly going OOM in RBGS/Arenas? Seriously. VT only seems to give mana if the damage isnt absorbed, and half the time you cant get the cast off anyway.

So any tips on mana conservation in pvp?

Deleted
    Mindbender helps a little and does decent damage, FDCL is only useful if VT isn't being dispelled constantly so i started running mindbender instead against some teams
    Last edited by mmoc1096d015a7; 2013-02-02 at 08:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Multi-dotting VT is really the only thing you can do to stay mana-positive right now, I'll often dot up pets as the game goes on (arenas) just for the mana - if your going OOM your probably doing it right though at least

It's all the level 90 talents and Mass Dispel, but you shouldn't really do less of them - MD and 90 talents are pretty critical to shadow pvp right now.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yeah, been dotting up the pets and stuff and only using SWP on the kill targets to try and conserve some mana, but i wish they had never taken out masochism D:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintbernard View Post
    Yeah, been dotting up the pets and stuff and only using SWP on the kill targets to try and conserve some mana, but i wish they had never taken out masochism D:
    Agreed about masochism <3 - if your having that much difficulty it's either VT uptime, or try reforging to mastery and running DI/FDCL. The advantage is that FDCL MsK procs are mana-free, and while DI procs still cost mana - MB casts are always worthwhile regardless of how low mana you are because of DP damage/healing (plus its not an expensive cast anyways).

Deleted
    I agree. You can thank the priests who kept complaining they killed themselves at Chimaeron and Baleroc for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Agreed about masochism <3 - if your having that much difficulty it's either VT uptime, or try reforging to mastery and running DI/FDCL. The advantage is that FDCL MsK procs are mana-free, and while DI procs still cost mana - MB casts are always worthwhile regardless of how low mana you are because of DP damage/healing (plus its not an expensive cast anyways).
    Shadow:
    Periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain has a 5% chance to reset the cooldown on Mind Blast and cause your next Mind Blast within 12 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana.

the cost is gone from DI so it does help with mana too. also try reforging into more mastery instead of crit (after haste of course)

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I agree. You can thank the priests who kept complaining they killed themselves at Chimaeron and Baleroc for that one.
    Again punishing us for pve :*(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missclick View Post
    Shadow:
    Periodic damage from your Shadow Word: Pain has a 5% chance to reset the cooldown on Mind Blast and cause your next Mind Blast within 12 sec to be instant cast and cost no mana.

the cost is gone from DI so it does help with mana too. also try reforging into more mastery instead of crit (after haste of course)
    Oooh! I didn't notice DI procs were free - that's an even better reason for it

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 10:18 PM ----------

Both sides get punished for both sides, as a spriest who's been around forever and pvp'd and pve'd - nerfs rarely affect the one side they were aimed at without impacting the other.

Deleted
    Not merely PvE, just a bunch of vocal people who complained (including a former priest moderator from this forum). I always said if you SW:D your self to death on such fights then that is your lack of skill (of course, that is a noob remark). From the PvP side of the story the glyph of SW:D was introduced as response to alleviate some of the backlash related to SW:D mechanic change, but not really the masochism part.

Also like Yvaelle says it goes both ways, and there's even a lot of differentiation between various types of PvP and types of PvE. For example in first week of MoP I leveled my priest (yeah, really) and used Void Shift as personal CD with fiend and Void Tendrils. I don't see how this is mechanic breaking during soloing, but I can very much understand how it is in arena, dueling (where I did use it, epic memory as I beat my friend who is way better in PvP ), and maybe raids (tho it is a 6m CD).

Dispersion and drinking can also help with manna but not really ideal...

As for SW:D some of my funniest priest memories involve that spell, and nobody can take those memories away.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Multi-dotting VT is really the only thing you can do to stay mana-positive right now, I'll often dot up pets as the game goes on (arenas) just for the mana - if your going OOM your probably doing it right though at least

It's all the level 90 talents and Mass Dispel, but you shouldn't really do less of them - MD and 90 talents are pretty critical to shadow pvp right now.
    Exactly, i am dotting up pets aswell. The thing is when your VT is absorbed it wont activate the Mana effect.

Just something, i wont use Dispersion unless in rbgs or bg, use it when i am on like 5% mana.

Yeah same. Never used Dispersion for mana purposes.

If i had to go THAT wild with MDs or Halos/Star (yeah i do use star sometime ) and my team is far from getting the kill i just go with 3x (or more if pets are around) VTs.
    But i'm on a Mst > Hst build, this is just a few second to get 60% again and start everything over again.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    don't forget HC Nefarian :X
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years