Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly, who really gives a flying fuck what another unknown n' completely irrelevant person decides to stereotype someone as?

Take the internet for what it is, another persons opinion about me is as relevant n' useful as shit on shoes..!

Gamer's just one of those labels. If you associate, cool, if not, great.

I don't really consider myself one even though I figured out all of the logos pretty easy. Only one that gave me some difficulty was the umbrella logo. Despite that, knowing what logo leads to what doesn't necessarily mean you're a gamer. You can see symbols from a game and still never play a minute of it.

I suppose I can understand the social stigma of being considered a gamer, however.

Wait...dude whos posting on mmo champ...plays wow...played pokemon...is mad because people think hes a gamer? And whats the deal with the chart? Because I can name them all and you cant...ur cool or something?

Confused. /bro fist?

Fun fact, labels like this are based off people's opinions. So, care not for their opinion and you won't be a gamer anymore?

Honestly who cares, you are who you are not who someone tries to label you as. I can be labeled a nerd, an atheist, an immoral sob, etc but do I care? No.

Just labels from people that really have no effect on me, and if you're so concerned with being considered a "gamer" take into consideration as to what the person considers a gamer or just don't tell them you play wow...

Not sure if serious.... really going to nit pick about the meaning of a label and what it applies to?

I just clump everything together and call it a super group.

Gamer (super group)
    -immediate subgroups
    +PnP
    +PC
    +Role Play
    +Console
    +Card
    +People trying to not associate with the idea of gaming while playing games.

And really... who doesn't know at least a little about comiccon.

Kingdom Hearts!?
    I wanted to be Mario or Zelda T___T

The title of "Gamer" has been severely watered down these past years. Even morons who only play Facebook games calls themselves gamers.

To be a "Gamer", I'd say one has to list gaming/games as ones main hobby/main time-waster. I wouldn't call myself a football player if I played football twice a week for keeping in shape, nor would I call myself a cook just because I use 30 mins every day to make myself dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    You got insulted for being a gamer and decided to make a rant insulting other gamers by insinuating gaming was somehow bad? Silly.

The most interesting thing about your thread is the image you linked. Looks like I can identify all but two of the symbols. I missed the Assassin's Creed and Half Life one.

10+ Year Old Account
    big whoop

so your childhood sucked because you didn't play ocarina of time and you're a loser

who the hell cares

call those people virgins

laugh at them when they come back with how many achievement points they have

i honestly think you are actually, really though, taking it too personally. a lot of people like to exaggerate. they're probably not actually trying to make you feel bad. It is just so far beyond their comprehension that you have not enjoyed some of the greatest games out there, but play World of Warcraft.

I could name all of those but Assassin's Creed/Kingdom Hearts. Thought the Kingdom Hearts one was something related to Princess Peach but didn't know.

Anyway, you're a gamer. You aren't a hardcore gamer. The spectrum of being a gamer is very wide.

Basically, do you think all homosexual men are flamboyantly dressed with a good fashion sense and a weird voice and limp wrists? 'cause thinking that would be unfair, just like your thinking that gamers are some obsessed group is unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to be friends with more gamers because if they know you only play WoW they'd never make the mistake of labeling you as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Wierd. i'm a halo sign even though i've never played it. lol
    I'm the one before and i don't know it...I know 10 at LEAST i have a suspicion about the other but not 100%

people, calm down. these signs have no particular order and have probably been set up that way by some bored "nerd" who liked those games. these signs could be aligned in any other way and they would still be as correctly ordered as before.

on the topic of being called a "gamer"...
    you are playing computer games a lot -> gamer
    somebody who plays basketball a lot -> basketballplayer
    somebody who plays football a lot -> footballplayer
    somebody who robs people -> a robber
    you seeing where im going here? btw these definitions are not set in stone, because as you can see above, you are only what you currently do. you can change from being a gamer to being a rocket-scientist in the future, if you so please. so why would you get so upset about it?
    you cant just go and do drugs and tell people that you dont want to be associated as a drugatic... because its what you do and what you are... same for all the other definitions.

being offended is btw no sign that you are in the right, just as a happy little reminder there.

i only didnt recognize resident evil and that blue heart thingy, since i've never played those games (i loathe resident evil and dont know the blue heart thingy at all).
    Last edited by Ghul; 2013-02-03 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    people, calm down. these signs have no particular order and have probably been set up that way by some bored "nerd" who liked those games. these signs could be aligned in any other way and they would still be as correctly ordered as before.

on the topic of being called a "gamer"...
    you are playing computer games a lot -> gamer
    somebody who plays basketball a lot -> basketballplayer
    somebody who plays football a lot -> footballplayer
    somebody who robs people -> a robber
    you seeing where im going here? btw these definitions are not set in stone, because as you can see above, you are only what you currently do. you can change from being a gamer to being a rocket-scientist in the future, if you so please. so why would you get so upset about it?
    you cant just go and do drugs and tell people that you dont want to be associated as a drugatic... because its what you do and what you are... same for all the other definitions.

being offended is btw no sign that you are in the right, just as a happy little reminder there.

i only didnt recognize resident evil and that blue heart thingy, since i've never played those games (i loathe resident evil and dont know the blue heart thingy at all).

OHHHHH my thing is RE then...And the blue heart is Kingdom Hearts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the term "gamer" because the majority of the general public/media seems to think it revolves 99% of the time around versus mode/MLG/online competitive gaming bullshit.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a tip OP...

Don't come into a forum of gamers, complaining that you're tired of being labeled as "one of us," insult us on how we spend our time and expect sympathy.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Eww, I'm the Mortal Kombat symbol. I hate fighting games like that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all I could think of when I read this post.

And regarding the picture? Whatever. You don't NEED to know what logos they are, it's about as important as knowing the shapes of breakfast cereals.
    Well there are Alpha-Bits so knowing the shapes of them is actually pretty important, assuming you use the Latin Alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Here's a tip OP...

Don't come into a forum of gamers, complaining that you're tired of being labeled as "one of us," insult us on how we spend our time and expect sympathy.
    How, in my post, did I POSSIBLY insult gamers?

I don't want to be associated as "a gamer" as cool as some of them are, because I simply do not enjoy playing videogames. WoW is a rare exception because of how attached it became to my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't want to be labeled as a gamer because of what some idiots online and some elitists say? Sad you don't want to be associated with something you enjoy. Why can't people just enjoy what they like and not care what others think? In the end what anyone else thinks of you and how you spend your leisure time means nothing at all and has no effect unless you allow it to.

I named all the icons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.