Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    The term "gamer" is stupid anyways. You don't call people who like to listen to music "musicer"..

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    The term "gamer" is stupid anyways. You don't call people who like to listen to music "musicer"..
    If someone spent as much time listening to music (as a primary activity, not with it on in the background) as many of us do gaming, I'd be inclined to call them an audiophile or something. Most active activities do have some sort of label attached to them. I identify myself as a runner, a cyclist, etc.

I feel ya OP, my girlfriend will call me a "gamer" every once and a while, and I just tell her that I'm a casual video game enthusiast, because its pretty much the truth.

Between my busy life, I play Warcraft casually now and when I don't feel like that I'll turn on Call of Duty to release my anger on twelve year olds. I would say that I use to be a "gamer" because I would play all kinds of different games, and was in a hardcore raiding guild. But now my life is too hectic to do so, which brings me down a notch so to speak.

Deleted
    I find it ironic that someone that plays shitty facebook games for 2-3 hours a night can mock a WOW player for doing 1 raid a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Pretty much everyone under the age of 35 is a gamer nowadays, it is extremely rare to find someone young that does not play games.

I can also name 7 of those logo's, most I have never played.
    I'm honestly pretty insulted they put the Half-Life logo on there amid a bunch of console crap.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    *Looks at Zodiac, compares it to birthdate*

Switch May-Jun with Jun-Jul and this Zodiac would be accurate.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Pretty much everyone under the age of 35 is a gamer nowadays, it is extremely rare to find someone young that does not play games.

I can also name 7 of those logo's, most I have never played.
    Welll..... lol
    I'm above 35. well above. and I have to admit, I can't name a single one of them.
    Somehow tho, I think of Mortal Kombat with the June/July icon.
    I don't really give a shit whether I know them or not. if someone does, fine for them. You know what I mean?
    I am sure I spent my time with something else which was at least equally fun, and possibly more educating too.

OP don't get ticked off, just because you do have a life, and had a life before too. Hobbies aren't bound to the computer. In fact, most all hobbies are a much better choice than being glued to a chair on a computer. Insults would only come from jerks who cannot grasp another concept of life and spare time.

I don't know if its been mentioned, but if your first thought was ima go post about this on a gaming forum, then that's not helping your cause.

Also, I don't think that just playing wow makes you less of a "Gamer" sterotype - I know many a people who are fanatically obsessed with wow and play(ed) nothing else.. They are either gamers or need a new name.... Wowers? Wowgladytes? WoWphiles?

Your obviously a gamer. And No offense I'm guessing your really nerdy too. thats why when people call you a gamer you get offended because you think you aren't a nerd.

Me i love games, games is my life. I also have a girlfriend and a kid on the way, but if i didnt have my family i would probably be taking drugs and playing games all day. Am i a gamer? probably.. but im a guy most guys if not all guys love playing games

10+ Year Old Account
    Be proud of your inner nerd.
    Putin khuliyo