Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to get killing blows in bg?

I have tried to get those but always someone else gets the kill. Then there are thise bg heroes who have like 10 kills, how they do that?

1v1? Just autoattack and use your spells when they are almost dead and hope you get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

do millions of damage
    do what you feel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Either kill someone 1v1 or use execute-like attacks/instants to steal a kill.

Deleted
    Only somewhat reliable skill has been touch of death but even that skill not always get the kill for some reason even though it is an insta death for opponent. (bug?)

I have tried many skills and always it seems to be luck dependant. But i dont understand how some guys get like 10 kills, that cant be luck.

Deleted
    Play a spec that doesnt have crap damage outside of CDs.

Like a frost DK. Obliterate 100k and youll get your kbs. Thats why most of the games have frost DKs in the top. They can get their dmg without needing to do anything special.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-02-02 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have tried to get those but always someone else gets the kill. Then there are thise bg heroes who have like 10 kills, how they do that?
    I call it the "scavenge" technique. Simply find an unfair fight in which an alliance/horde is low on health, hit some big numbers, and pray you get the KB (in other words, stealing the killing blow or scavenging it).
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Killing Blows doesn't add to anything really, other than a somewhat false bragging right. I like to look at the damage/healing done instead, which shows a slightly more, yet not completely true story.

If you do want KB though i suggest (if you are monk, as you mentioned touch of death) that you use Rising Sun Kick at 10% roughly and that might finish them off. Or just simply have something ready to hit when he is about to die. And simply be where the fight is, and eventually you will kill someone

Deleted
    Time your burst so you can be certain it will finish them off in a global. It's preferable if you can get them from 30-0% with a quick combo so that other classes execute doesn't kick in yet but that's only really reliable at low level, at higher level you just do it as soon as your damage will allow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play a warrior and faceroll everyone in a shockwave (or warbringer if it is on cd)

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Play a warrior and faceroll everyone in a shockwave (or warbringer if it is on cd)
    Sound advice 4 months ago, now you should be telling him to reroll rogue.

Play a class where you can easily 1v1 and just snipe people when they are by themselves, or play a class like a Destro Lock, Ret, Warrior which has an execute and can almost gaurantee you'll get the killing blow on people below 20%, and then just go around killstealing.

Playing a DoT class is awful. I have done 5million+ damage in BGs before and got 0 KBs on my Boomkin.

If you've got anyone helping you on a kill, there's really no way to guarantee you'll get the KB. Even if you land a huge burst ability (e.g. cooldowned chaos bolt or starsurge) that would certainly have finished off a target, the odds are probably just as good the server counts someone else's autoattack as the killing ability. Basically you have to be geared and skilled enough to dominate the battleground, and generally fighting with fewer allied damage-dealers is preferable. You'll lose some of your kills, but if you do a lot of damage you're still going to wind up with a lot. Alternately, you could realize that the scoreboard is largely meaningless and just have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either by using cooldowns against low health target, saving big hits for the finisher, or using an execute ability.

Killingblows don't matter anyway, it's nice to brag about, if you earned them all by yourself, but about stolen kills, nobody cares...

Play a class with ranged double execute. Namely, shadow priests.

Shadow priests can charge up their lasers with 3 orb DP + 2 Mind Spike procs + 2 SW: D. Just save up your procs and unload it on someone who's at low health and get the KB 75% of the time.

Even with some 300-400 ms latency, I can top KBs as a shadow priest.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-02 at 09:52 PM.

kbs are nothing more then the last hit before someone dies, so naturally classes that have burst excute abilities will have more while specs like affliction who do spread/cross damage won't have as many.

but kbs aren't anything to be taken seriously or measured

Deleted
    Get the last shot use an instant cast

The better question is WHY should you be concerned about Killing Blows?

All they mean are bragging rights. They don't contribute towards the victory conditions of any BG. That should be your primary focus, doing whatever it takes to try to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Play a spec that doesnt have crap damage outside of CDs.

Like a frost DK. Obliterate 100k and youll get your kbs. Thats why most of the games have frost DKs in the top. They can get their dmg without needing to do anything special.
    Whoa, whoa, WHOA. We have to put up diseases first, man! Don't you know how hard that is? They fall off every thirty seconds, you know! And don't even talk to me about getting in melee range; maybe you'd have a good point if Death Grip had a 5 second cooldown and if we didn't spend entire games perma-slowed. You make DK's sound like a 3-button spec a child can play with no effort whatsoever! :P

/sarcasm off

OT: If you want to purely farm KB's OP, you definitely do want to play a hard-hitting class like a Frost DK. If you play a class that works off a lot of small damage attacks, then it's easy for a player like me to come in and snipe your killing blows.

Although, you shouldn't worry about KB's in a BG, as they are pretty meaningless in the scope of trying to win a BG. For example: Arathi Basin, Battle of Gilneas, Silvershard Mines, Temple of Kotmogu, Alterac Valley, and Eye of the Storm are all winnable without your team getting any killing blows. You shouldn't be focused on them if you solely wish to win games. However, if you want to top meters in random battlegrounds, then yeah roll a Frost DK.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.