2's viable teams with shadow in 5.2

What type of team do you think will be viable?
    Also, what team will be very good together

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow / Mage is generally the best spriest 2v2 comp, Spriests need the babysitting of a mage or rogue to be able to cast effectively. Rogues are therefore also decent options but aren't pvp-able in 5.0/5.1. In 5.2, Shadow/Rogue will also be a good option. Lastly, Shadow/Warrior is a good comp in 5.0/5.1, and will continue to be strong into 5.2 (similar in play to Shadow/Rogue historically).

Let us know what you want to play and have access to, and we can give you more specific information
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-02-02 at 09:46 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Shadow / Mage is generally the best spriest 2v2 comp, Spriests need the babysitting of a mage or rogue to be able to cast effectively. Rogues are therefore also decent options but aren't pvp-able in 5.0/5.1. In 5.2, Shadow/Rogue will also be a good option. Lastly, Shadow/Warrior is a good comp in 5.0/5.1, and will continue to be strong into 5.2 (similar in play to Shadow/Rogue historically).

Let us know what you want to play and have access to, and we can give you more specific information
    5.1 is kinda meaningless at the moment, we are just preparing for 5.2, what do you think would be better between
    Rogue
    Druid

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illumini View Post
    5.1 is kinda meaningless at the moment, we are just preparing for 5.2, what do you think would be better between
    Rogue
    Druid
    Agreed but I was unsure whether you meant a team for today or in 5.2, so figured I'd give options

Spriest / Rogue will work in 5.2, I'd highly recommend Nerve Strike and and expect the rogue to do a lot of peeling off the spriest - because like most spriest comps in 2's - they will likely ride the spriest until the game ends - nerve strike will give you a lot more time to do work and make the spriest healing more effective (in that the damage they are receiving is closer to the healing they are doing, so it should balance out better). A subtlety + cloak and dagger build is probably best, because the rogue shouldn't expect many dispels out of roots/snares (MD should be saved for full CC on the rogue, blocks/bubbles, or if all 4 of you are clumped up and you think you can land an MD on 4 at once, that could be worthwhile).

Shadow / Balance might be interesting - balance does have knockbacks and roots to help the spriest freecast, and if they ride the spriest - they're letting the balance freecast - neither is a good option in 2's - but it's unlikely they will be able to lock down both a spriest and boomkin simultenaously - on paper I think it's interesting, I haven't tried it since season 3 though.

Shadow / Feral is Shadow / Rogue with some twists - but since rogues will have more peels for spriests, Shadow / Rogue in 5.2 will be the stronger comp. Which isn't to say Shadow / Feral can't make 2200+, it depends on what your goals are

Shadow / Rdruid is a very capable comp, but the nerfs to both shadow and rdruids will hurt this comp in 5.2 - Shadow's burst nerf to DP is going to mean you will likely have to run the other team out of mana before you can hope to score a kill as a shadow+healer setup. Meanwhile the nerf to Displacer Beast means Shadow has to actually peel off the druids sometimes, and that also could be an issue (it could cost shadow orbs for horror, it could force defensive uses of psy scream, etc).

Actually, if it were me - of those two classes - I think I'd run Shadow / Rogue, or Shadow / Balance, rather than Shadow / Feral or Shadow / Resto. Shadow wont have the burst to work effectively on dps+healer comps, but with good peels it should work just fine, I don't think feral can bring enough peels to make it work (incarnation boomy is a peel because they will very likely go for the boomy during that, during which the spriest gets to freecast). Then again, it also depends what your up against.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-02-03 at 12:24 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Happy to find you here Yvelle

depending on how insanity works out, i could see shadow/rogue being extremely strong via bursting while smoke bomb. rogue buffs are shaping up to be very significant.

Deleted
    Shadow Priest and Restoration Shaman is ridiculously strong. It's just damn boring if you face another DPS+Healer combo and have a melee sit on you. But you basically won't ever lose if you play properly. It's way easier to play than any double DPS comp too and you get better results probably. Playing with a Mage or Rogue requires peeling and you have to keep yourself alive etc.

Monk/SP may work in 5.2 'cause monk can will peel like no class ever could.
    Concerning 5.1 double DD, feral is a lot better partner than mage atm.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    I want to play spriest / rogue in 5.2 depending on how much they are raping shadow priests.
    The nerfs so far are pretty dumb but im suspecting more nerfs since GC has admitted they dont know what they are doing at all.

We'll just have to see how bad the final product will be and how worthwhile it will be to stay on your spriest.