Thread: Nasus Slow.....

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nasus Slow.....

Isn't this skill too overpowered? all a nasus needs is some cdr and he can keep this up on you 90-100% of the time when you fight him just had a game vs one as cait and i couldnt do anything all game he's tanky enough to get past my team and to me in the backround and strong enough to just keep spamming me with his slow and q till i die

It's pretty much one of the only things that makes people even consider playing him these days.

The slow is pretty brutal, but it's either that or a gap closer.

Nasus Q is AWESOME if stacked right with enough CDR I used to carry normal games when I started with him. Not sure if he's any good in ranked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Nasus himself is really a gap closer if he can get good farm can can build straight tank with iceborn gauntlets and chunk half a carries health with 1 q

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    Nasus himself is really a gap closer if he can get good farm can can build straight tank with iceborn gauntlets and chunk half a carries health with 1 q
    He requires much farm to do that though, which is one of the reasons he's not picked too much. Since he scales indefinitely in a game he is obviously better late game, but most of the current top laners can bully around Nasus and keep him from last hitting very well. I do agree he is very strong when he gets all his items and farm, but beforehand he is not.

And his slow is very good. It's one of the most obnoxious things to play against as a ranged AD, since it neuters your AS and MS.

Deleted
    most tops rape ad carries, that's kinda what they do.

while Nasus's slow might be 5 seconds and "am I even moving?" he has no early game dominance or hard CC. several champions outscale him hard before the end game and all in all he requires so much (35+ min game, left alone to farm) to be good at what he does that he's tricky to do good with consistently vs equally skilled opponents.

that said yes if the game is streching on for 40 minutes then Nasus will be a huge threat to your entire team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    He requires much farm to do that though, which is one of the reasons he's not picked too much. Since he scales indefinitely in a game he is obviously better late game, but most of the current top laners can bully around Nasus and keep him from last hitting very well. I do agree he is very strong when he gets all his items and farm, but beforehand he is not.

And his slow is very good. It's one of the most obnoxious things to play against as a ranged AD, since it neuters your AS and MS.
    No... not even in the slightest. Even getting bullied if you cant get a last hit in every 8s something is wrong.

The issue I see when I see people play Nasus is they spend too much time farming gold with E (which is important) but farming that Q is of the utmost importance when playing Nasus.

Yes his slow is an op ability in and of its self. Now lets go over all of us under powered abilities.....

Anyway there are loads of "op" abilities on champions that as a whole are balanced. I mean take Trynda's ulti, that is a strong ability, 6 seconds where you can't die is really really good. However the rest of his kite is only decent at best. Nasus has the same problem, his W is not great, his R is good I suppose and his Q is great if he gets enough CS, but early it makes him really weak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Yes his slow is an op ability in and of its self. Now lets go over all of us under powered abilities.....

Anyway there are loads of "op" abilities on champions that as a whole are balanced. I mean take Trynda's ulti, that is a strong ability, 6 seconds where you can't die is really really good. However the rest of his kite is only decent at best. Nasus has the same problem, his W is not great, his R is good I suppose and his Q is great if he gets enough CS, but early it makes him really weak
    Isn't it 8 second now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    No... not even in the slightest. Even getting bullied if you cant get a last hit in every 8s something is wrong.

The issue I see when I see people play Nasus is they spend too much time farming gold with E (which is important) but farming that Q is of the utmost importance when playing Nasus.
    well, it's not uncommon to have top lane swing one way or the other and have one laner completely zone the other one. In that case, Nasus would only be able to cs with his E, or when the wave shoves into his tower. He might be really good at csing under the turret, but he won't be able to get many of them with his Q simply because the turret is shooting them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, it's not uncommon to have top lane swing one way or the other and have one laner completely zone the other one. In that case, Nasus would only be able to cs with his E, or when the wave shoves into his tower. He might be really good at csing under the turret, but he won't be able to get many of them with his Q simply because the turret is shooting them too.
    I'm not following...

I'm not saying you shouldn't ever be using E. You absolutely need to use it to farm effectively. But not to the detriment of farming your Q.

What I am saying is I see a lot of Nasus(s) wait for the waves to lose a little bit of health, drop an E, and then hang back and wait for them all to drop from the amount of damage it does. But in many cases its important not to do damage and not to push your lane too much so that you aren't missing out on opportunities to farm your Q. Because as many have already said Nasus kind of sucks early game anyway... no need to add stress to your game by making it harder on yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    I'm not following...

I'm not saying you shouldn't ever be using E. You absolutely need to use it to farm effectively. But not to the detriment of farming your Q.

What I am saying is I see a lot of Nasus(s) wait for the waves to lose a little bit of health, drop an E, and then hang back and wait for them all to drop from the amount of damage it does. But in many cases its important not to do damage and not to push your lane too much so that you aren't missing out on opportunities to farm your Q. Because as many have already said Nasus kind of sucks early game anyway... no need to add stress to your game by making it harder on yourself.
    What I was saying is that if you are being zoned, like you can't get close to the other top laner without taking significant damage, they are apt to freeze the wave and until 2-3 minion waves pile up, then just let it into your turret.

You won't be able to hit as many minions with your Q as you want to, simply because at that point in the game you won't have enough cdr. If you aren't being zoned you would ideally hit about 80% of the minions with your Q in the laning phase, but if you are getting zoned, and then have the wave shoved into your turret, you simply cannot last hit as many with your Q as you could before. And if you use your E to weaken the minions, you might even make it so the turret one shots them, making it so you can't last hit any of them. (that applies more to casters than others though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, just build banshee and be fine. Or QSS.
    Nasus requires high sustain from team (play 4v5 for around 30 minutes so he can farm the shit out of lanes and rape everyone) and this is huge problem in pubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I was saying is that if you are being zoned, like you can't get close to the other top laner without taking significant damage, they are apt to freeze the wave and until 2-3 minion waves pile up, then just let it into your turret.

You won't be able to hit as many minions with your Q as you want to, simply because at that point in the game you won't have enough cdr. If you aren't being zoned you would ideally hit about 80% of the minions with your Q in the laning phase, but if you are getting zoned, and then have the wave shoved into your turret, you simply cannot last hit as many with your Q as you could before. And if you use your E to weaken the minions, you might even make it so the turret one shots them, making it so you can't last hit any of them. (that applies more to casters than others though)
    Gotcha!

Totally followed you that time.

You gotta talk slow to me man!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the siege minion buff helps him a little. It lets him catch up a bit, even faster if he is purple side and can farm golems (or steal if blue side).

10+ Year Old Account
    Trouble with nasus is he is all late game. He is nothing but free kills for top and jungle till he hits 11. Even then, if he got shit on all lane phase he isn't much of a threat.
    The movement slow isn't the worst part about his slow, it's the attack speed reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Trouble with nasus is he is all late game. He is nothing but free kills for top and jungle till he hits 11. Even then, if he got shit on all lane phase he isn't much of a threat.
    The movement slow isn't the worst part about his slow, it's the attack speed reduction.
    A smart Nasus is damn hard to kill and creates free kills for his jungler is you don't ward or he vision wards. Wither too stronk. I've had so many people underestimate me on Nasus, only to be repeatedly brought to a quick and horrible death. It's even better if the Nasus is blue side, because then the jungler can go through tri-bush and bypass most top laner warding patterns.

Deleted
    I hate Wither as a jungler when trying to gank him. Wouldn't mind a nerf to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    A smart Nasus is damn hard to kill and creates free kills for his jungler is you don't ward or he vision wards. Wither too stronk. I've had so many people underestimate me on Nasus, only to be repeatedly brought to a quick and horrible death. It's even better if the Nasus is blue side, because then the jungler can go through tri-bush and bypass most top laner warding patterns.
    Also, Nasus is hard to trade attacks if you don't have a way to quickly get away from him. Usually, he will Wither you as soon as you start moving away from him (making your move and attacks slower) and will hit you 2 times more
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Just pop ult with master yi and you'll be fine