Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Nerf PvP power HARD or buff PvP resilience!

All this QQ about CC is warranted. All this QQ about CC is completley overshadowing the far bigger concern: burst.

If you thought pre-fix stampede was bad wait until 5.2. Every single class can burst people down as quick as a bm hunter could in 5.0 if not faster.

Yes, I suggested before that all pvp stats from gear be removed and baseline resilience kept as is. I would love for that to happen but know it never will. As such, I propose that either pvp power be nerfed (at least 20-30%) or pvp resilience be buffed (which didn't work all that well before). Dying to a fire mage in less than 5 seconds while in defensive stance isn't fun. Dying to a rogue in an opener isn't fun. Getting crit with a rising sun kick for more than half your health isn't fun. Getting crit with a STUN for 100k+ wasn't fun in 5.0 and still isn't fun now (shockwave).

Either tone down specific abilities and spread damage, nerf the hell out of burst cooldowns or nerf pvp power. There's no excuse. The problem is apparent and the solution is clear as day.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience scales a lot better then PvP power, there's no need to nerf PvP power.
    Heck, if we have to believe the rumors, PvP resilience is getting nerfed slightly in 5.2...

It just sounds to me you are talking about 1v1, while playing an undergeared character. Dying to a rogue in the opener, lol...

Buffing player health is another solution to negate burst.

if that happens you'd have to nerf healers even more cuz no one will die.

or..just remove pvp power; revert ALL resilience modifiers to WOTLK lvls, reduce HP by 100% and nerf damage back to the same levels as WOTLK, all in all creating the fun, fast-paced, skill before gear pvp that made WoW a playable pvp game and gave it a vibrant and growing pro community.

I liked the resilence from beta where every 2v2 match lasted 25 minutes or longer

Deleted
    If you've died to a rogue in his/her opener during this current patch, you're beyond help.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    If you've died to a rogue in his/her opener during this current patch, you're beyond help.
    Read the OP. I'm talking about 5.2. And in fact rogues are more than capable of dropping someone 1v1 in an opener on live.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    or..just remove pvp power; revert ALL resilience modifiers to WOTLK lvls, reduce HP by 100% and nerf damage back to the same levels as WOTLK, all in all creating the fun, fast-paced, skill before gear pvp that made WoW a playable pvp game and gave it a vibrant and growing pro community.
    Agree 1000%. While WotLK was bursty, it was nowhere near this.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    reduce HP by 100%
    Protip: Don't agree with this statement. reducing HP by 100% means everyone is always deceased, as they would baseline have 0 hp.

Try that again with a coherent value. Maybe you were going for reduce by 50%? or 100khp flat value?

also, claiming to agree with something, to a degree that is 10 times more than "completely" is ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    if that happens you'd have to nerf healers even more cuz no one will die.
    That's a given.

ITT: People nitpicking bs when the ideas conveyed are obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Either tone down specific abilities and spread damage, nerf the hell out of burst cooldowns or nerf pvp power. There's no excuse. The problem is apparent and the solution is clear as day.

until blizz make all spells and abilities act differently in pvp than pve, we will never see a hard nerf to skills because it would make raid bosses unkillable, and that is where 75+% of the playerbase spends their time whether it be LFR/normal/HC, it is also what the game is built on, so until this shift occurs, pvp will always be imbalanced to the point of farce due to having skills required to kill a raid boss that do not scale well against player characters, hence why burst dmg is out of control.

Deleted
    This game is balanced around 3v3, not 1v1.

stop thinking it is, please

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I don't get how anybody can hate PvP power, it gives you a choice if you wanna stack resil or you want damage, and it stops them from forcing us to do PvE.

I wish they would get going with an item squish though, and rather than wotlk, do wotlk - just without the DKs...

I wish this game was just in TBC state right now, possible in the BT patch :P

IF there were no pvp stats AT ALL besides baseline resilience and pvp and pve gave equal ilvl gear then there would be no "forced pve for pvp".

The game is even burstier in 3v3 where you're going to die in under 2 seconds instead of in less than 5 seconds.

tBC was far too slow paced pvp-wise. Every comp was a drain comp/control comp. Mace stuns were rampant and most specs weren't even 2.2k viable let alone rank 1. S6/7 should be model for great wow pvp. CC was perfectly fine, counter classes were obvious, burst was fine, survivability was good. Every class had it's own niche and every class had 2 rank 1 viable specs.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-02-02 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    wanna duel and find out? good rogues are still out there kicking ass. its just harder for average idiots to mash buttons and win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    wanna duel and find out? good rogues are still out there kicking ass. its just harder for average idiots to mash buttons and win
    No matter how good or bad you are, you are still limited by gear..

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    No matter how good or bad you are, you are still limited by gear..
    Full malevolent rogue with tier 1 weapons can drop players in the opener. With tyrannical gear or tier 2 malevolent rogues can do it even faster.

Nothing to see here, I did 120k with Chaos Bolt on a S12 Retri Pala w/o CD's while I was in full S13 gear gemmed, enchanted, pet sacrificed and all CD's (+Food buff, flask and potion). I'm saying you're eating bullshit.

Deleted
    IF there were no pvp stats AT ALL besides baseline resilience and pvp and pve gave equal ilvl gear then there would be no "forced pve for pvp".

The game is even burstier in 3v3 where you're going to die in under 2 seconds instead of in less than 5 seconds.

tBC was far too slow paced pvp-wise. Every comp was a drain comp/control comp. Mace stuns were rampant and most specs weren't even 2.2k viable let alone rank 1. S6/7 should be model for great wow pvp. CC was perfectly fine, counter classes were obvious, burst was fine, survivability was good. Every class had it's own niche and every class had 2 rank 1 viable specs.
    S8 and we got a deal.. if memory serves in S6 dks were still godmode and in S7 troll tank cleaves raped everything (prot war / hunter / heal )

10+ Year Old Account
    Full malevolent rogue with tier 1 weapons can drop players in the opener. With tyrannical gear or tier 2 malevolent rogues can do it even faster.
    You mean undergeared and unskilled players I suppose, anyone that's somewhat decently skilled and geared won't die to a rogue in the opener.

Deleted
    All this QQ about CC is warranted. All this QQ about CC is completley overshadowing the far bigger concern: burst.

If you thought pre-fix stampede was bad wait until 5.2. Every single class can burst people down as quick as a bm hunter could in 5.0 if not faster.

Yes, I suggested before that all pvp stats from gear be removed and baseline resilience kept as is. I would love for that to happen but know it never will. As such, I propose that either pvp power be nerfed (at least 20-30%) or pvp resilience be buffed (which didn't work all that well before). Dying to a fire mage in less than 5 seconds while in defensive stance isn't fun. Dying to a rogue in an opener isn't fun. Getting crit with a rising sun kick for more than half your health isn't fun. Getting crit with a STUN for 100k+ wasn't fun in 5.0 and still isn't fun now (shockwave).

I know this might sound crazy, but have you actually thought of, you know, gearing towards pvp? Just like a full pvp person doe's shit numbers in pve, the same applies viceversa.
    It's funny how some expect and even DEMAND ( man, the nerve! ) to be able to immediately jump into pvp and expecting everything to work their way. It's just like all the noobs that always cry about dungeons / raids being to hard / demanding / grindy or w.e. Like everything in life my friend, you'll have to work towards it in order to be successful. This idea basically applies to every aspect of life.