Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    D3 was designed from the ground up to incorporate a RMAH and does not have soulbound items. Why do you think my assumption is unfounded? If people can avoid spending money by leveling their professions why would they use the RMAH? Without people using it and therefore it not generating money for Blizzard what would be their motivation for introducing such a system.
    Diablo 3 had an optional RMAH that was included for those of the player base who wanted to use it, they had the ability to use the regular AH as well. There was nothing in Diablo 3 that forced you to use RMAH, it was OPTIONAL. They incorporated it into the game, and may have somewhat built the game around it, but there was nothing implemented that ever FORCED the players to use it. Your assumption that WOW would force players to use it, is unfounded.
    Last edited by Lovecrafts; 2013-02-03 at 07:57 PM.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Diablo 3 had an optional RMAH that was included for those of the player base who wanted to use it, they had the ability to use the regular AH as well. There was nothing in Diablo 3 that forced you to use RMAH, it was OPTIONAL. They incorporated it into the game, and may have somewhat built the game around it, but there was nothing implemented that ever FORCED the players to use it. Your assumption that WOW would force players to use it, is unfounded.
    So if the players are not going to use it there is no money to made from it. Without a reliable income from the RMAH what motivation is there for Blizzard to introduce such a system?

Yes because the ball bustingly hard inferno didn't entice people to just spend money buying the gear from the people who used creative builds to clear inferno before the builds were nerfed to the ground cock blocking those who didn't use the cheese builds. Without that RMAH blizzard might have just focused on creating a fun game instead of a new cash cow from rmah fees.

15+ Year Old Account
    on gamefaqs.com there was a guy complaining that he lost his staff when he died on D3... but the real reason he raged was because he dropped $70+ on it in the RMAH.

....now, imagine how much money people would carelessly spend if it were in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Yes because the ball bustingly hard inferno didn't entice people to just spend money buying the gear from the people who used creative builds to clear inferno before the builds were nerfed to the ground cock blocking those who didn't use the cheese builds. Without that RMAH blizzard might have just focused on creating a fun game instead of a new cash cow from rmah fees.
    Hmmmm I still don't see anywhere in your complaint where players were FORCED to use the RMAH.

Edit:

So if the players are not going to use it there is no money to made from it. Without a reliable income from the RMAH what motivation is there for Blizzard to introduce such a system?
    Why? Because there are members of the player base with disposable income who were/are willing to toss money into the system voluntarily for whatever reason. This generated revenue for Blizzard. This was not anything the players were forced to do, but did so anyway. You're grasping very hard for straws if you're bothering to ask why a company would implement a system that has potential to generate additional revenue.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    We all know that Ghostcrawler said that there will be a new system in Mists of Pandaria. What if its going to be a real money auction house just like in Diablo III? Would you like something like that in WoW or not? What do you think?

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/22/di...w-mop-feature/
    If that ever comes up as a option chances are it will be after the game has gone free to play post final expantion. Thats my guess at least.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

terrible idea as long as the game has a sub fee.

really just a terrible idea.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    on gamefaqs.com there was a guy complaining that he lost his staff when he died on D3... but the real reason he raged was because he dropped $70+ on it in the RMAH.

....now, imagine how much money people would carelessly spend if it were in wow.
    If he lost his staff on death, he was playing hardcore, and couldn't have spent money on it because the hardcore AH is not real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It will never happen in WoW. The only reason it's in Diablo 3 is because it's not a MMO or competitive.
    ...Diablo III not competitive? Seriously?

I'm not sure if you noticed but PVP is going into the next patch. And, yes, talk to what few remaining D3 players there are - there's MANY who are planning on playing it competitively, regardless of the Dev's saying it's "just for fun".

Also, Diablo has ALWAYS been competitive - in the ego-trip mind. The SAME mentality behind WoW. The idea that "I have better gear than YOU!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. It's a crappy idea, and I honestly don't see it doing too great in D3 despite a few lunatics who have stolen credit cards and ruin the system for anyone.
    I don't think it'll carry into WoW.

If it does. I'm out. Bailed. Gone. No fuss, no mess, it just goes against the directions I want the game to take. There are some minor things I'll overlook but.... that's a baaaad bad idea.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    it wouldnt work in WoW. they would have to completely change how gear works for it to even remotely work the same. diablo doesnt have much (if any) soulbound gear while WoW is built around it.

crafted gear isnt good enough to warrant people spending real money on (imo) and even if blizzard put the gear up themselves it wouldnt be an AH anymore and would just be an item shop

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God no. I can only hope they've learned their lesson from D3.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    terrible idea as long as the game has a sub fee.
    I'm thinking that's going to be the trick when they introduce an RMAH. I'm MORE than certain they'll drop the sub-fee then... because they know they'll get a TON more players in if they drop the sub fee... and more players = more items and trading on the RMAH.

I'll be honest here... an RMAH minus subs would actually bring ME back to WoW, regardless of my hatred of CRZ. Even if I made $15 a month for playing, it still mathematically 30x better than paying $15 a month to play. :P

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 08:38 PM ----------

...aside from 99% of the people uploading all the best quality gear and legendary items onto RMAH instead of the regular AH, of course. :P

Why? Because there are members of the player base with disposable income who were/are willing to toss money into the system voluntarily for whatever reason. This generated revenue for Blizzard. This was not anything the players were forced to do, but did so anyway. You're grasping very hard for straws if you're bothering to ask why a company would implement a system that has potential to generate additional revenue.
    You have said there is no need for players to use it, regardless of a player's level of disposable income if they can get exactly the same in game without spending money why would they spend their money? Without an incentive for people to spend money using such a system what additional revenue is there to be made? This is even before the potential problems regarding licensing, WOW losing its teen rating, disgruntled customers, increased customer service costs dealing with loot disputes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The day they add RMAH to WoW is the day my sub ends permanently. Hopefully they never do.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have said there is no need for players to use it, regardless of a player's level of disposable income if they can get exactly the same in game without spending money why would they spend their money? Without an incentive for people to spend money using such a system what additional revenue is there to be made? This is even before the potential problems regarding licensing, WOW losing its teen rating, disgruntled customers, increased customer service costs dealing with loot disputes, etc.
    *Sigh*, you don't seem to get it, do you. They know there will always be people who will willingly use it even if they don't need to. This would generate money for them. Make sense now?

At this point you're just glooming and dooming :P

Dont see how this can work or be good for wow

*Sigh*, you don't seem to get it, do you. They know there will always be people who will willingly use it even if they don't need to. This would generate money for them. Make sense now?

At this point you're just glooming and dooming :P
    Why would anyone spend money on something they can for free? It is a basic rule of business that in order to make money you must offer a product or service that someone is willing to pay for if people can get that product or service for nothing they are not going to spend money with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you; pay to win systems are awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

For one, it would destroy server economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone spend money on something they can for free? It is a basic rule of business that in order to make money you must offer a product or service that someone is willing to pay for if people can get that product or service for nothing they are not going to spend money with you.
    See, we're going in circles. You keep saying the same thing, and I keep explaining why your way of thinking is invalid. We know what people should logically do (aka not spend money if they don't have to), be we know what people actually do (spend their disposable income). Diablo 3's RMAH is case-and-point, no one HAD to spend money on that system. Everything was obtainable in game or in the regular gold AH. Yet.....people spent the money anyway.

Does that help any?