Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WoWs economy (and crafting) is one of the worst (if not the worst) eco system I've ever seen in an MMO.

They need to completely overhaul crafting, gold resources, gold sinks, items and grinds in order to make RMAH work in WoW. It barely worked in Diablo to be honest and it was designed from the ground up for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    The amount of misinformed people in threads like these...

Fine, just to re-re-re-re-reconfirm for the dense people out there:
    There won't be a RMAH in WoW. Blizzard stated this multiple times.
    They also said there would never be server transfers, or both factions on pvp servers, or rp-pvp servers, or faction changes. If it will make them money, they will think about doing it.

Even though I somewhat suspected it was incoming with things like the BMAH and other things in place in order to reduce the amount of gold in the game, however I don't think it will come any time too soon. It probably will whenever WoW goes F2P in a few years after subs dropping very low. But hey, this could be another 8 years away...
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

I don't see a problem about a RMAH in WoW with some adjustement to the vanity items
    Just like they are selling pet and mount, collector edition stuff etc
    there is a good market for that and people are not cancelling their subs because they are selling this kind of crap

If it did happen, I'd never revisit this website or the official forums, because the sheer amount of screaming about it would give me a brain tumor!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by relindrani View Post
    The reason this is in Diablo 3 and not WoW is because Diablo is a loot based game and WoW is progression based. Not a big difference between the two but enough for rmah to fit in one and not the other.
    this quote is enough to end the discussion. if blizzard should ever do this, i would lose my faith in humanity.

Won't ever happen in WoW so there's nothing to worry about. I know people like to think 'lol blizzard is greedy and only cares about dem moneys' ect but you've got a far bigger chance of them selling more stuff on their own Blizzard store than you'll ever see a RMAH on WoW. The entire point of a subscription is to keep players playing the game on a month by month basis. If you can suddenly buy everything you want with real money, then there would be almost no reason to keep playing. See my point? Noooot going to happen.jpg
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2013-02-03 at 10:21 AM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Deleted
    Are there even any successful MMOs that have a true pay to win system? I can't think of any offhand.

It won't happen; in an online team-based game where the main focus on "winning" is end game gear progression, implementing a RMAH would be a death sentence. In D3, your loot affects no one but yourself, there is no open world, there is no competitive structure and there is no subscription system, so if someone buys the best gear and "wins" the game and quits, they have not in any way affected the game.

No one should need to worry about this, Blizzard isn't as stupid as some people think they are

Having an auction house at all is a terrible idea to me, but real money auction house is even worse. So no, I highly doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the end to WoW, blizzard is not THAT stupid, although they are stupid (activision).
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I don't see a problem about a RMAH in WoW with some adjustement to the vanity items
    Just like they are selling pet and mount, collector edition stuff etc
    there is a good market for that and people are not cancelling their subs because they are selling this kind of crap
    Even just selling vanity items I cannot see it working. I don't think there is a single WOW player that has not witnessed some form of loot drama can you imagine what it will be like when the mount drop is suddenly worth money? I would imagine that any money Blizzard could make from a RMAH would be offset by the time GMs have to spend dealing with amount of complaints regarding loot disputes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Do you really think that Blizzard's management gives a crap about it being an MMO or competitive? They don't even know why people play the game. They just want it to make money and if RMAH is a good way to make money (especially if new subscriptions is slowing down), it will be done. No doubts about that.
    Yes, they give a crap because they don't want to sink their cash cow. And they know that adding a real money AH to WoW would probably cause a mass exodus greater than they've ever seen before.

They would lose money.

I'd be gone.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I like how people automatically go into denial mode and refuse to believe it will ever happen, yet, a small thought lingers in their mind * But...what if?*.

Deleted
    i could very well see blizz doing a rmah in wow.
    and i think it would be accepted if wow goes f2p with the rmah supporting it (without stupid restrictions for nonpaying costumers)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Are there even any successful MMOs that have a true pay to win system? I can't think of any offhand.
    It's EVE Online all pay to win?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Sure, why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol and why again would it be the end of the world (of Warcraft)?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Lol and why again would it be the end of the world (of Warcraft)?
    Because Blizzard trying to milk the D3 RMAH is a large part of why the game went to shit.

Why do you think a WoW RMAH is that far away?

It is already possible through various ways to buy BiS gear with gold and money. There are several ways to transform money to gold and there are several ways to buy BiS gear with gold.

No. If they added that into WoW they would lose an insane amount of subs.