Should I level the same class twice?

I want to play both WW and MW come 5.2 with how gear will work would it be a wise choice to level and alt monk? Have a specific roll for both characters? Or am I insane?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    I want to play both WW and MW come 5.2 with how gear will work would it be a wise choice to level and alt monk? Have a specific roll for both characters? Or am I insane?
    I think you are insane! Why would the 5.2 gear changes make rolling 2 of the same character more advantageous than using the dual-spec feature? I don't know why you wouldn't just dual spec bro! Unless you really really like leveling as a Monk, then you should just use one character.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 blood death knights I use for 2 different raid groups.

If you like a class, make two.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Once capped with gear you need conquest to upgrade? I would like both sets to be equal?

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be a choice, akin to lvling any other class. You have 1 monk for raid 1, for instance, and monk 2 for raid 2, rather then, say, monk/priest or something. I personally wouldn't, though, but if you REALY like monks, might as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Well you can't upgrade in 5.2 so do whatever.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    I say do it, I love my paladin and because of that I have two of them. Having two of the same class could also make you a much better player. Atleast it did for me, back in firelands I were in full heroic gear on my main and then finally got my second paladin to level 85. After week two of being level 85 I started doing heroic firelands in our alt run on my undergeared alt and it made me a much better player. Its hard to become a better player as a dps as you dont have to manage your mana but I still think you should do it.

Oh and dont just play one spec on your monks, play both specs, of course you can have main spec WW on one and main spec MW on the other but in my opinion you should play both specs on both chars.

I have 3 Druids, one 80, one 85, one 90. Created two of them in vanilla, one in TBC. That being said, I didn't do it for the sake of having multiple druids and in the OP's case, I don't see why dual spec wouldn't be more than sufficient.

If you really want to play both specs full time then yes the 2nd gear roll will make gearing go alot faster. Not to mention leg gems, etc. At least its monk so you can milk that sweet XP bonus.

Having two of the same class could also make you a much better player.
    I disagree with this completely, if you want to be a better player roll some other classes. Understand them all, how they play off each other, weaknesses, strengths, etc etc.

Deleted
    Yeah do it. I got 2 lvl 90 mages, 1 lvl 90 1 lvl 89 and 1 lvl 85 warrior. Just do it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    I disagree with this completely, if you want to be a better player roll some other classes. Understand them all, how they play off each other, weaknesses, strengths, etc etc.
    Maybe not as a dps but it certianly will as a healer/tank. Yes in this case the OP is doing it for pvp so I wont explain further about tanks. When it comes to healers, playing one in almost full BiS you tend to spam the most expensive heals with no regard for your mana. Once you start a new char and are in terrible gear you are forced to play differently in order to stay alive. While this wont help you all the time on your main but some of that experience is useful for certian situations and it will make you a better player.

Deleted
    Waste of time in my eyes. Big waste of time. One is more than enough.

The only real advantage of that would be if you plan to have 2 different arena teams and want the same class. My friend, for example, has 2 mages and hes plays 1 with my pallys teams and 1 with my warriors team. He wants multiple comps and multiple teams but he really likes mage and says hes best with it so I say all the more power to you if you feel the same way.

If this isnt the case and its just a gear issue then pick a main spec that you preferentially arena or rbg with and buy conquest for that and have the offspec stick with honor gear.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    The only real advantage of that would be if you plan to have 2 different arena teams and want the same class. My friend, for example, has 2 mages and hes plays 1 with my pallys teams and 1 with my warriors team. He wants multiple comps and multiple teams but he really likes mage and says hes best with it so I say all the more power to you if you feel the same way.

If this isnt the case and its just a gear issue then pick a main spec that you preferentially arena or rbg with and buy conquest for that and have the offspec stick with honor gear.
    I actually want to play both specs competitively on different teams. That is why I think it would be best to level another monk alt.