Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    the Defias hate orcs as much as the other humans, don't seem them ever working with the horde

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    just because you want to join the club, doesn't mean the club wants to let you in
    I hope you mean the horde because we have the best guilds in the world.

Humans - Impossible at the moment.
    Dwarves - I agreed, that is possible with the Dark Iron Dwarves.
    Gnomes - Impossible at the moment.
    Night Elves - I would say maybe some highbornes would be possible but now that Malfurion let them rejoin the rest of the Night Elves this may be complicate.
    Draeneis - Well, there are some Broken Draeneis who aren't affiliated with the Alliance not to mention the Eredar, so I believe it may be possible.
    Worgen - Impossible at the moment.

Orcs - Impossible at the moment.
    Trolls - It may be possible, there are a lot of tribes all over Azeroth, so...
    Taurens - They're peaceful by nature, they serve the Horde because the debt that Cairne had with Thrall. but Goel are no longer the Warchief, so it may be possible.
    Forsaken - The alliance doesn't have any good connection with the undeads or even the Scarlet Crusade, so I believe it's impossible at the moment.
    Blodd Elves - Not the Blood Elves but the High Elves are alredy part of the Alliance, so...
    Goblin - If the money is good they'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I hope you mean the horde because we have the best guilds in the world.
    That's just because Horde races have better racials for PvE.

Mark my words; in the future you'll be able to change your loyalty to Horde <-> Alliance regardless of the race by doing a quest just as the Pandas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Apoplectic fit
    You want unique? Go RP to your heart's content.
    Some of us want to play with our friends, but are fans of the other factions models/racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    Draeneis - Well, there are some Broken Draeneis who aren't affiliated with the Alliance not to mention the Eredar, so I believe it may be possible.
    Those Draenei became broken because of the Orcs use of fel magic while they were massacring their families. i.e. don't hold your breath on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So with the cat out of the bag regarding letting pandas roll both horde and Alliance and all this talk about how the bloodelfs should be able to choose between Horde and Alliance i was thinking Lorewise how could The horde roll a human and the Alliance roll an undead

For this to work they would need to redo the starting zones but they have done it before

The Horde lorewise could possibly be able to choose

Human - Defias Brotherhood Humans could be willing to join the horde to help fight there bitter enemy the king of Stormwind
    Im sure when you reach level 10 you would have a choice of joining the banner of SW or turning on them and becoming a Defias who are now loyal to the horde
    The Defias Brotherhood are simply considered ''criminals'' they probably hate the Horde just as much as they hate Stormwind (because of the whole ''not getting paid thing'' caused by the nobles) There's absolutely no link to the Horde.

Dwarf - The Dark Iron dwarfs could possibly turn on there dwarven brethren in some way and find that since the twilights hammer is gone the horde are the only ones who will protect them
    A lot of dark irons are part of the Twilight's Hammer, an organization that hates both the Alliance AND Horde. While those dark iron dwarves hold a personal grudge against the other dwarf clans, it's highly unlikely that they have ANY interest in joining the Horde.

Leper Gnomes - The leper gnomes under thermaplug could reach out to the horde plus i would roll a leper gnome in a heartbeat
    Thermaplugg is pretty much locked down in Gnomeregan now, and while there's a few leper gnomes on the Horde side (I remember seeing 1 in the Undercity) I doubt that's enough to confirm that they're interested in joining the Horde. Besides, Thermaplugg probably thinks to highly of himself and probably thinks he can do it all himself, without any allies.

Draneai - This one is tough to justify but iam sure the horde could be able to roll some kind of eradar dranaei who are still red
    The Draenei are uncorrupted Eredar, they just took that name because it means ''Exiled Ones'' (considering they were pretty much exiled from Argus, by the Man'ari Eredar) The Man'ari Eredar are an important part of the Burning Legion, so I doubt a few of em will just hop over to Azeroth and become friends with the Horde, just for shits and giggles.

Nelf - I would much rather see satyrs join the horde than any nelf
    Again, Sartyrs are part of the Burning Legion, they have absolutely no reason to join the Horde.

Lorewise i could see the alliance being able to roll

Troll - Its possible that maybe the zandalari tribe could reach out to the Alliance but they would have to come up with a good reason for doing so
    The Zandalari are too proud to reach out to the Alliance, they'll either group up with the Mogu and take over Pandaria or die trying.

Undead - I certainly could see the Scarlet Risen joining the Alliance allowing the alliance to roll undead
    The Scarlet Crusade thinks everyone who doesn't wear their symbol is possibly infected by the Scourge, I doubt them having turned into the undead would've changed much of those thoughts. I don't see any reason why they'd think of joining the Alliance.

Tauren - The Grimtotem Tauren are practically in the alliance already
    Yes, a human encampment in Stonetalon Peaks helped out the Grimtotem Tauren, but that doesn't automaticly mean they're suddenly part of the Alliance. Heck, how many of the Alliance leaders actually know about this alliance between that encampment and the Grimtotem?

Goblin - I envisage that the bilgewater cartel could have a bitter rival that could join the alliance just to spite the bilgewater cartel
    I can see this one being possible, but that's more because they were initially gonna be a neutral race. They decided against it because they added Worgen to the Alliance. (among other reasons)

Orc - This is prolly the hardest one to justify allowing the alliance to roll cause i cant think of any circumstance that would make a orc join the alliance
    Neither can I.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Night Elves have much more in common with the Horde than they do the Alliance. If only the Horde would kick out the Warsong and solve the Ashenvale problem...
    The Night Elves removed the Warsong by force in the Alliance Cata questline. That ship long since sailed, the Orcs will never get anything better than a peace treaty out of this, no way in hell there'd be any allying after Hellscream's genocide attempt.

they are for the most part completely against everything the Alliance stands for.
    Lol you should look into the Tauren a bit more.

Sorry OP, but everything you're suggesting either doesn't have any firm footing or is throwing the "bad guys" into the opposing faction just for flavour. As for mercenaries we are mercenaries, but we have loyalty beyond simple pay. We are loyal to our races and factions.
    Honestly stuff like the Lor'themar in negotiation with Varian, Vol'jin sending emissaries out to the Alliance and Sentinels aiding the Tauren in retaking Freewind Post are not hints at cross-faction possibilities, but rather just demonstrating the story isn't rigidly confined to nothing more than warfare between factions.

well in my opinion the faction affiliation should be totally optional, and only required to do pvp, to begin with your character aren't soldiers of a faction but free adventurers that do jobs for money and reward, in the end we are mercs. So letting orcs join alliance don't make sense, but having neutral mixed guilds that cannot do pvp and are only focused in slaying bosses is totally plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    The passing of Dark Iron dwarves to the Horde is certainly the most feasible (in exchange for the high elves for the alliance of course), however, we must remember that an entire human kingdom belongs to the Horde: Alterac, so humans being part of the Horde is something that happens since the Second War.

The passing of Dark Iron dwarves to the Horde is certainly the most feasible (in exchange for the high elves for the alliance of course), however, we must remember that an entire human kingdom belongs to the Horde: Alterac, so humans being part of the Horde is something that happens since the Second War.
    They supplied the Horde with treasonous information for a very short time and are almost obliterated now. The remaining survivors are mostly absorbed into the other human nations or part of the syndicate. They have never been part of the horde, nor fought beside them in any meaningful sense.

You want unique? Go RP to your heart's content.
    Some of us want to play with our friends, but are fans of the other factions models/racials.
    Lol... if your friends would rather look like a blood elf then play with you, then they probably don't wanna play with you very much...
    Last edited by teddytous; 2013-02-03 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    People are just hell bent to destroy every semblance of uniqueness in this game.....

Give all equipment to all toons please...
    Give all classes all skills please...
    Give all classes all roles please...
    Give all races all class please...
    Give all factions all race please...

Why don't we just make ever character a big gray fucking blob, give them every skill in the game including racials, and rename horde and alliance to Faction A and Faction B. Would save alot of time.

Back on topic; your Lore justifications are horrible and make no sense. Of the worst I've seen posted on these forums.
    This is so true and I hate that Blizzard caved in on several demands already. The game is becoming dull with everyone is and has everything.

I would like to see Blood elves go neutral
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

at max level you can choose between two factions neither horde or alliance.

We'll call these Rebel and Imperial forces.

So each faction will be made up of both horde and alliance but still have feuds between each other. Than our alliance and horde tons could raid together.

Cross faction raiding

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    at max level you can choose between two factions neither horde or alliance.

We'll call these Rebel and Imperial forces.

So each faction will be made up of both horde and alliance but still have feuds between each other. Than our alliance and horde tons could raid together.

Cross faction raiding
    and remove the whole WAR theme that brought it in MoP. no thx this is not rift....

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post

Cross faction raiding
    That would require a whole lot of really bad lore being generated. If you want cross-faction cooperation, peace is essential to it. Peace means no world pvp, BGs being turned into "training areas" and so on. I don't think a majority of players want that given how strong faction pride is. If you want world pvp, BGs being about conquest and military battles, rather than "war games" and the like, there simply cannot be faction cooperation to the level of grouping/instancing/raiding.

I doubt we'll ever see all races becoming cross-faction.

Now depending on the precise outcome of the Siege of Orgrimmar, what I could see is the faction barriers being blurred a bit going forward. So we could have things like cross-faction grouping or cross-faction LFG/LFR. New content could introduce things like reputation factions that are technically considered part of the Alliance or Horde, but allow players from both factions to gain rep for them (with Alliance factions providing a significant starting bonus to Alliance players and likewise for Horde players and Horde factions).

As for PvP, new battlegrounds could either be styled as arenas and/or war games, or perhaps ultra-localized proxy wars the factions are fighting despite being at peace overall.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the horde and alliance merge to become one faction (army of light), and The undead form their own faction (army of darkness) we could see All races able to be either faction pretty easily if that became the case, by letting players choose factions at the end of mop or beginning of the next expansion. There would be Undead versions of all races for the new undead faction. I feel that the commercial with the horde and alliance soldier fighting each other, with the pandarian trying to get them to stop fighting is foreshadowing something like this happening after the siege of org.

Just a thought i am probably wrong, but it could happen and would eliminate all the lore reasons that make it impossible to open all races to both factions.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-02-04 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Those Draenei became broken because of the Orcs use of fel magic while they were massacring their families. i.e. don't hold your breath on that one.
    Ohh, really? And the forsaken are the same undead who decimated Quel'thalas, destroyed the Sunwell and killed more than 80% of the elves, and yet, they're both part of the Horde today. The forsaken was used by the Lich King and the Orcs was used by the Burning Legion. And like I said before, if the Brokens can't join the Horde, some Eredar can...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    Ohh, really? And the forsaken are the same undead who decimated Quel'thalas, destroyed the Sunwell and killed more than 80% of the elves, and yet, they're both part of the Horde today. The forsaken was used by the Lich King and the Orcs was used by the Burning Legion. And like I said before, if the Brokens can't join the Horde, some Eredar can...
    Yes, the Orcs who had their entire life and culture fucked eight ways to Sunday by the Eredar are just going to let them join.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.