3rd Faction Idea - Mercenaries

So on my other thread i came up with the idea that maybe blizz could create a third faction called Mercenaries

Where you can roll any race you like and you start out at a mercenary camp learning the ropes of combat and when you reach level 10 you have a choice to sign a contract with either the horde or the alliance

And the best thing about being a mercenary would be that you can break your contract any time and sign another with the other faction if you get bored doing horde quests and alliance BGS cause you have no real allegiance to either side

This would require paying gold that would go up similar to relearning talents

Lets face it we more or less are mercenaries anyway were not soldiers we are adventurers who choose to help our faction

Hell if my orc was really loyal to the horde he wouldve killed anduin when he had the chance instead he quested with him

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like everybody would roll mercenaries.

Personally, I think they could work in something with the reputation system.

Become Exalted with Stormwind? BOOM! Hated with Orgrimmar.

Maybe start neutral to every city and have restricted access to them. I bet they could make some cool daily quests to go along with it too.

ALSO I would say that they make the classes for a mercenary restricted to Rogue, Warrior, and Hunter?

I guess technically any class CAN be a mercenary, but honestly, how many of them fit into the mould?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are never going to implement a work around for paid faction changes so breaking contract would never happen....also 3rd faction im not big on idea of but open i guess, another "pick your faction" at lvl 10 though id be against...i think panda faction choosing is just stupid, should be picked at creation...but thats just me, i've been known to love changes i thought were derpy pre-implementation before, see WOTLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like just a cheap way to get around faction change, won't happen.

Stupid idea. Also, they wouldn't get their $25 or whatever it is every time someone changed faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they will implement this, however the way to break contract is to go on Blizzard website and pay $25.

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Sounds like everybody would roll mercenaries.
    I think you would be surprised with the result.

10+ Year Old Account
    The two established factions have years of lore and story, both ingame and out to sustain them. Any new playable faction that could be made would be poor and lacking in comparison. I really wish people would stop talking about "3rd Faction Ideas", it's a worst idea than grummles as playable race...

We are mercenaries already, just with loyalties that lie beyond monetary gain. No one said you couldn't champion a cause or be loyal to your nation or faction and not be a mercenary all the same.