10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Since you all were talking about AOA and AOA Black, how do they relate?
    AoA is the 8 members. AoA Black is the band version so only 5 members that plays instruments. AoA White is the dance version, 7 members (all but the one who play the Drum)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    For me, I've been listening to asian music (mainly Cantonese music in the 90s and branching off into Korean/Japanese music in high school) for the past 20 years since I was 8 and wanted to see what other people were interested in these days :P
    After listening to what you used to listen, and what you seems to listen now. I would suggest Juniel if you don't already know her.

And Hello Venus in the more recent kpop groups. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyH2O_te-ss

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    AoA is the 8 members. AoA Black is the band version so only 5 members that plays instruments. AoA White is the dance version, 7 members (all but the one who play the Drum)
    That's a weird setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a weird setup.
    Their drummer used to play in a real rock band so she wasn't train to be a dancer. And the 3 other girls who aren't in AoA Black can't play any instrument. So they need 2 subgroups with different set-ups but they are all in the same group (AoA)

Oh well, guess it works this way.

In AoA White, do all 7 dance, or only the 3 not from Black?

10+ Year Old Account
    They all dance

Aha, one more question then. When you see "band version", what exactly does that mean?

More Japan I want a new Korean song

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little scared ordering from sites I don't know yet, don't want to pay import taxes because they don't label it as a gift :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Band version mean they are like a rock band on stage/MV 5 members who each play their instrument.
    AoA Black :

AoA White : (the ones who aren't in AoA Black are, from the left, the 2nd, 3rd and 5th)

AoA full group (the one who isn't in AoA White is the one on the complete left with the short blond hair):
    And the ones who aren't in AoA Black are the 3rd, 4th and 5th
    And the 5th girl is the girl in FT Island's Severely MV
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2013-08-11 at 09:58 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    You subscribe to Chinese dramas? Instead of just buying them when they're done?
    Don't think we have anything like that here xD
    Yep, we usually get them on disc a week after they broadcast in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Baekhyun View Post
    Yeah the video is awful :| It's a lot different. I've tried to give a lot of old groups a try but the albums are so slow.. even the upbeat songs :/ I like JTL though
    Ah, I remember JTL, the 3 H.O.T members that left SM. They only had one song I liked. Don't think they had as much success outside of SM as Kangta and Hee Jun though. I do like the more slow songs

After listening to what you used to listen, and what you seems to listen now. I would suggest Juniel if you don't already know her.

And Hello Venus in the more recent kpop groups. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyH2O_te-ss
    I will check this out, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will check this out, thanks!

there's probably a lot of other you'd like, but those are more slow beat so i think you will like them more. And i don't know a lot of slow kpop songs.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd add "Rainbow" in the suggestions too and maybe A-Pink

10+ Year Old Account
    "The limited editions will come with special footage content, a photobook pamphlet, and a special t-shirt."

TAKE MY MONEY

Can't wait for the new single either :3

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little scared ordering from sites I don't know yet, don't want to pay import taxes because they don't label it as a gift :/
    I'm the same. And after CDjapan I'm being much more cautious before just finding an item and buying. Hopefully sites we've used before will put up a pre-order as well.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post

I'm the same. And after CDjapan I'm being much more cautious before just finding an item and buying. Hopefully sites we've used before will put up a pre-order as well.
    I love CDJapan. The tax they charge is a lot though. Luckily, I don't buy a lot of Japanese CDs because they are super expensive, but I prefer to get Japanese stuff at cdjapan for their first press bonuses over Yesasia.

And the 5th girl is the girl in FT Island's Severely MV
    Such a sad song

Thanks for explaining!

I love CDJapan. The tax they charge is a lot though. Luckily, I don't buy a lot of Japanese CDs because they are super expensive, but I prefer to get Japanese stuff at cdjapan for their first press bonuses over Yesasia.
    Do they have different bonuses?
    I know they don't mark the packages as gifts so I have to pay import taxes, that's the reason I don't order anything there anymore. Primarily using Kpoptown and Yesasia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly upset about it because I was sloppy and didn't check if they sent items as gifts or not, so I wasn't prepared for the tax at all. If I can avoid that, I will. What kind of first press bonuses are you talking about? I got the some First Press LE of an SNSD album from CDjapan, but I didn't notice any difference from the one over at Yesasia
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

BHD, your sig <3 actually the link

10+ Year Old Account
    All thanks to Mig

I'll die happy as long as I'll at least see them live once.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I'm mostly upset about it because I was sloppy and didn't check if they sent items as gifts or not, so I wasn't prepared for the tax at all. If I can avoid that, I will. What kind of first press bonuses are you talking about? I got the some First Press LE of an SNSD album from CDjapan, but I didn't notice any difference from the one over at Yesasia
    Oh, sometimes I don't see the pre-order on Yesasia, so I order it off CDJapan if I have to. Usually the bonuses are the same, but Yesasia is definitely a lot nicer on my credit card :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for that

Gonna be good.

http://www.summersonic.com/2013/lineup/

^ This would have been a good event to go to. Even though its not all asian groups/artists, I probably would have gone to it if I lived anywhere near it. I might have to look some of those groups up since I've never heard of some of them.
    Last edited by PantsDePeon; 2013-08-12 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a very diverse festival, nice to see so many asian bands mixed with big US ones.

Dir En Grey, Girugamesh and Mucc came to Sweden in 2009, but after that I haven't heard of many asian bands playing here Only saw Dir En Grey, because my (ex) friends were all "there will only be girls watching those bands". I mean, even if such a ridiculous statement would hold true, how the hell is that a bad thing? D:

- - - Updated - - -

I think SM needs to remove a wall or two and make their rooms bigger

And Luhan's hair.. ;_;
    Cave Cave Deus Videt