10+ Year Old Account
    Just looked up Cube and FNC, they're both listed as private companies still at the moment. Guess it's taking a while to go public or they changed their minds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Oh yeah, I thought he mentioned some previous CEO and that he was talking with their current one, but it's the same person. My bad
    Had no idea most of them were privately owned, but I don't know shit about business in general. I guess such a quick change in management makes more sense then!

Yeah, they flipped it to 7:3. So before it was 3:7, they got 30% and the company/CEO got 70%.
    Interesting, I wonder if this will set a precedent for future releases. I don't see new groups going 7:3 straight away but maybe changing to 7:3 after the first contract is up and shorter first contracts might be in order.

Also yea that's why when AKP does quarterly earnings reports they only do them for SM, YG and JYP because their the only companies where their earnings reports are made publicly available. Companies like Cube or Loen could be earning more than JYP but we'd have no idea heh
    I'm really looking forward to Cube going public actually just to see how they are standing up against the big 3 especially against JYP since their earnings are always quite a lot less than YGs, who in turn is quite a lot less than SMs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok...I think we've established by now that I have a huge crush on Hyuna.

So I was watching her "Red" video again this morning and started reading the Youtube comments (I really need to stop doing that...they're always drama and trolls), and seeing how many people were calling her a slut and saying the video was too provocative, etc.

So a few people were mentioning how it was very, very tame in comparison to some videos some American pop artists have done. They were in particular mentioning Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" and now J.Lo and Izzy Azalea's "Booty". I haven't listened to much American music lately so I was like, okay, I need to go watch these.

So I watched them and now I'm just like O.O.

Have you guys seen them? I don't even know what to say. Pretty much everything in Kpop looks tame now, even Stellar's "Marionette".

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw Nicki Minaj's Anaconda yesterday. I wish I didn't. And yeah everything in kpop definitely looks tame compared to that, and while Hyuna can be a bit provocative she imo still has some class to it. Most of the time anyway
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen Anaconda, The fine bros just did a teens react on it hehe.
    Haven't seen the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I've seen Anaconda, The fine bros just did a teens react on it hehe.
    Haven't seen the other one.
    Brace yourself, it's awful. Also, yeah I wouldn't watch it where other people can see it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtIRArhVD4

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, J-Low is a bit too old to still be doing that kind of thing. She's like the new Madonna o.o

And that was bad.

Also, I knew it would happen eventually but there are now two artist huge in the western music industry that I have no idea who they are or anything about them. That iggy person in that song and that person that people are comparing to Mariah carrey but I can't recall her name off the top of my head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    @mig, Ronja Rövardotter is getting an anime adaption this fall - by studio Ghibli!
    Wat? That's awesome! Though, I kinda thought Studio Ghibli shut down after Miyasaki retired. Or, rather, that they're on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Have you guys seen them? I don't even know what to say. Pretty much everything in Kpop looks tame now, even Stellar's "Marionette".
    Yea, remember when Marionette was first released, and we had that huge debate about it cause I didn't think the MV was that bad? Now you know why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, J-Low is a bit too old to still be doing that kind of thing. She's like the new Madonna o.o

And that was bad.

Also, I knew it would happen eventually but there are now two artist huge in the western music industry that I have no idea who they are or anything about them. That iggy person in that song and that person that people are comparing to Mariah carrey but I can't recall her name off the top of my head.
    Yeah, I agree...J.Lo is too old for that and it's kind of shameful.

I think you mean Ariana Grande. Also I'm pretty sure Iggy Azalea is Australian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I looked her up and you're right she is Australian, but she moved to America at 16 so she's not very Australian. She's not like a started her career here than made it in America, if she was then I might know her. Not that I pay attention to music on Australian TV at all but she might have been on the front page of the papers or something lol.

And yea it was Ariana Grande.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    Wat? That's awesome! Though, I kinda thought Studio Ghibli shut down after Miyasaki retired. Or, rather, that they're on hiatus.
    Oh yeah, should've known you knew of Ronja too! I'm really looking forward to it, can't think of another studio that could pull it off. Even if Miyasaki retired.
    Yea, remember when Marionette was first released, and we had that huge debate about it cause I didn't think the MV was that bad? Now you know why.
    Compared to western music it's tame, but compared to the rest of kpop that we all are more accustomed to it's not! Buuut let's not have that discussion again ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Apink just became the second every girl group to reach 100k fancafe members, the other being SNSD.
    Apink confirmed second biggest girl group.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Learned that GEM has a twitter today with all English posts, was scrolling through it while coming home and saw she had a picture with Kim Jong Kook from last year at some Yahoo award show haha

Apink just became the second every girl group to reach 100k fancafe members, the other being SNSD.
    Apink confirmed second biggest girl group.
    Didn't Wonder Girls too?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Learned that GEM has a twitter today with all English posts, was scrolling through it while coming home and saw she had a picture with Kim Jong Kook from last year at some Yahoo award show haha
    I saw that on her facebook but her faebook posts are in cantonese :<
    Link me her twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Didn't Wonder Girls too?
    Not sure, it's possible they're being discounted just because they're basically over now.

- - - Updated - - -

Looked it up, they have 79k as of July of this year so I'd guess they never had over 100k.
    BoA and IU both have over 100k, for some reason BoA is only listed in the Daum fan cafe listings and not the Naver one though, in daum she has more than SNSD but in Naver she's not there lol. then it goes SNSD, IU and Apink in 3rd or 4th depending on which list you look at. They were 92k in July so have gained 8k since then

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder girls is 4th or 5th though depending on list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    new Clazziquai album is pretty good, if you like korean indie music you should check it out (although still pretty poppy)
    Decided to give them a try so I downloaded the album, but it wasn't really my thing :/ The first two or so songs were pretty good, but the rest just seemed like one really long song.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to hear a little bit of it in English, but damn, these videos lately are going a little crazy with the strobe lights and flashing lights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that one is the EDMClub version, could it be anything else?

Still waiting on that drama version.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching some T-ara on Youtube right now, I didn't think I liked them, but I guess I just never really listened to any of their stuff other than Lovey Dovey before they came out with Sugar Free.

I actually think I like them. I liked Number 9 and Sexy Love quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that Sugar Free's version. But i still don't like the title. Sugar Free really? that's really not the words i'd pick for this. It means "her" lover is now Sugar Free because he lost all "sweetness" for her.

I imagine it. Big fight in a couple. "I break up!" "Fine! you're sugar free anyway i won't miss you" wut?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Riv! T-ara is great they have a lot of good songs.