10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsDePeon View Post
    Also, I think Psy's concert is supposed to be the debut of his new song, but I'm not too sure about that. Thought I remembered reading something about that.
    I remember reading something about that too. Not a huge Psy fan by any means, but I'm very curious about what he'll do next. He did say one song was going to sound a bit like Gangnam Style, but I don't think it was one of the singles.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Psy is pretty good. To be honest, Gangnam Style is actually one of his less good song, at least from the ones I heard (It's Art, Korea, Right Now etc)

And because Leessang is actually quite good.
    Tears, Pursuing The Happiness, Turned Off The TV, You're The Answer To A Guy Like Me

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 09:36 AM ----------

New song.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 09:43 AM ----------

And another ^^

I really like Boogie Man, I'm Alive isn't really my kind of music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw this http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/idols...the-best-idols on Allkpop, and it reminded me of when a friend and I ranked different kpop-things. So I was wondering, anyone up for doing similar ranking? Honorable mentions (#2,#3 on your list) are welcome too. For example: My favorite male vocalist is Yesung, but Jonghyun is close so I want him in there! First one in each is obviously the #1, with the others being 2-3.

For those of you who are more into jpop, or even mpop, you're free to pick groups/solos from those genres too.

Maybe something like this:

Best Vocalist
    • Male Yesung, Jonghyun
    • Female Hyorin

Best Dancer
    • Male Eunhyuk, Taemin, Zelo
    • Female Hyoyeon, Zinni, Jia

Best Rapper
    • Male Outsider, Yongguk, Zelo
    • Female Hyuna, Amber

Best Visual (doesn't necessarily have to be the one assigned "visual" in their group)
    • Male Onew, Yesung, Yongguk
    • Female Yoona, Miso, Sohee

Best Overall Group (Or solo artist if you prefer one)
    • Male Super Junior, SHINee, B.A.P
    • Female Girls' Generation

Best Song(s) From above group/solo
    • Male Why I Like You, It's You
    • Female Everything? <-- Really can't pick that one, even if I started this!

In the end it's all pointless, but I just love ranking anything and everything. I used to to have lots of documents just with rankings of different things ^.^ Even if you don't want to participate, now you know my rankings whether you wanted to or not!

Surprise, surprise for my list including few idols outside of SM Everyone will have a biased list anyway, since it's all about opinions.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine might just look a bit like this

Best Vocalist
    Female: Taeyeon
    Male: Taeyeon wearing a moustache

Lol, but really I'd be keen to come up with a real list. Eating at the moment but when I finish I'll give it a shot.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:16 PM ----------

Okay let's give mine a go. Using your list as the categories.

Best Vocalist
    Male Yesung, Yonghwa
    Female Taeyeon, Hyorin

Best Dancer
    Male Eunhyuk, Taemin, Kai
    Female Hyoyeon, Min, Minzy, Kahi, Hyuna and I swear I'm forgetting someone here, it will come to me.

Best Rapper
    Male TOP, Yonguk
    Female Hyuna, Amber, Kahi

Best Visual (doesn't necessarily have to be the one assigned "visual" in their group)
    Male Leeteuk maybe. I don't know this one very well
    Female Yoona, Suzy, TAEYEON!

Best Overall Group (Or solo artist if you prefer one)
    Male Super Junior, Big Bang
    Female Girls' Generation, 4minute, After School, Girl's Day, Dal Shabet

Best rookie groups
    Male: Exo-K
    Female: Tiny-G, Crayon Pop, Rania if they still count.

All off the top of my head so maybe I'm forgetting some, I replaced the last category because I definitely could not pick a best song.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-03-22 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed you put Jia in your list for best visual too, imo, ugliest member of Miss A! But thats nothing new, I also think Dara is the ugliest one in 2NE1 but so many people think she's the best looking lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    o.o Jia is by far the prettiest member of Miss A, it's not even a contest! Imo CL is the least pretty member of 2NE1, but Mig seems to disagree with me.

And yeah, Best Song is a horribly hard thing to rank. If only SNSD didn't have so many great songs! It'd be easier if say f(x) was my favorite group, as they don't have as many songs out. ^^

@Mig I was surprised when I found out Jonghyun was the lead vocalist of SHINee, I thought it was Onew at first. Such a great voice. Although, now I do like Jonghyun more because of how seemingly easy he reaches so high notes. Wouldn't mind some more high notes from Onew in any upcoming songs though! Saw a performance (think it was SMTOWN 2010) where Onew sang some opera-ish song and it was just incredible.
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-03-22 at 03:42 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

All this ranking. I'm not going to

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if he might be a good singer I coudn't rank Jonghun as a best vocalist since for me to rank them as that, their voice has to have caught my attention specifically above the other members and Jonghyuns voice never has. I too did not know he was the lead vocalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, you ranked Yesung as #1 as well, you sir has got great taste

Saw the CF with Yoona and some male for the sportswear they have been promoting for some time. They ran around in the same town, but where the guy jogged it was raining, and where Yoona was jogging it was sunny. There was some sun at times for the guy, but for Yoona it was sunny throughout the whole thing.

Conclusion? Wherever Yoona is, there's sunshine! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    All this ranking. I'm not going to

[video=youtube;Eh6U4CQ0q2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6U4CQ0q2g[video]
    Great song
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-03-23 at 11:23 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Well, Hanbyul has a good voice too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't disagree with that. Only ever heard their covers, none of which had any high notes like that. Impressed o:

Onew + Jonghyun!

Video I mentioned earlier about Onew's opera-ish song
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-03-23 at 12:11 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Can't disagree with that. Only ever heard their covers, none of which had any high notes like that. Impressed o:

Video I mentioned earlier about Onew's opera-ish song
    [video=youtube;6f0-zFjJ8DU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f0-zFjJ8DU[video]
    nice!

Since we were talking about The Boys a few pages back,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFIcjnEBSJk

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't really like that remix, but I only really listened to it up to Yoona's first part. No resemblance to the original version at all + english.. just isn't my thing. ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Any thoughts on EastNewSound? A guy from their circle has followed me on twitter. I'm thinking about actually giving a shot to some of their albums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post
    Any thoughts on EastNewSound? A guy from their circle has followed me on twitter. I'm thinking about actually giving a shot to some of their albums.
    I'm listening to them right now. They're good if you like trance.

I don't think that this is what the thread is about though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Asian enough so on-topic. (Even if this is almost "Korean music chat")
    I think there is some jpop but it's still pop. It doesn't say in the title but it makes about as much sense as discussing some independent trance artist in a thread about western pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erio View Post
    If EastNewSound is the meaning behind the ENS that Muzual linked a few songs from, then I like them! I can't remember any names of the songs, but I remember them being good ^^ Definitely worth checking it more, and I should too o:
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jongin View Post
    I actually prefer Korean for rapping though, it flows better.
    Asian enough or not, it's chill as fuck. Do like.
    Agreeeed with both.

Daisuke Han from Maximum The Hormone has some pretty mad japanese rapping though.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Since we're on the topic of rap/hip-hop, I'll just link this even though its been linked before.

I don't know many other rap/hip-hop songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1TLaZp1i8E

There is this song as well. Just found it randomly searching. Little bit more on the R&B side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I'm listening to them right now. They're good if you like trance.

I don't think that this is what the thread is about though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    If EastNewSound is the meaning behind the ENS that Muzual linked a few songs from, then I like them! I can't remember any names of the songs, but I remember them being good ^^ Definitely worth checking it more, and I should too o:
    Welp, since trance is my main genre (and over 70% of my entire music folder), I guess I will download some of their albums. I just listened to 桜影彩艶 and I quite liked it.
    You should definitely try out some of their albums. They have quite a lot of good songs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuXK1D55BnE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jnwVYwJtM
    Thanks for the links!

mhm, also, I found this song I've been looking for for a long time.
    https://soundcloud.com/hatsune_uke/q...r-world-mashup

nobody considered uploading it to youtube yet