Deleted
    I've heard quite a few of their songs, Janus and I Yah included. Not feeling it. The only song they've made I don't actively dislike is I Yah, and I feel the same way about it as I do Rainbow Blaxx' Cha Cha. It's not bad, just underwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cha Cha - Cha cha cha cha cha!

Aw, well I like them anyway
    Although Cha Cha doesn't compare to Sunshine at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    best I Yah

[video=youtube;kHQuI2TdYAA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHQuI2TdYAA[video]
    Ew .

- - - Updated - - -

"2NE1 says they are doing a sexy concept with their current comeback"

You keep telling your self that girls.

Deleted
    Mig, couldn't you have found a video with slightly higher sound quality? Or was that just the general late-90s production value? I can't remember how the world worked back then. Song sounds pretty great, tho. Wasn't H.O.T. kinda the shit? Like, they were the pioneers of what we know as k-pop today, with the boy/girl groups?
    -
    Ana, I honestly can't tell if they're joking or not. I have a feeling they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't either.

And H.O.T was one of them Pistol, along with G.O.D(Where Taewoo comes from) and for the girl groups S.E.S and FIN.KL (Where Lee Hyori comes from)

G.O.D actually have some decent songs but I have not liked anything by H.O.T, S.E.S or FIN.KL at all. Kpop back then really just did not sound good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I said this earlier but was in a big post so might have been missed.

Old Kpop to me is like the generic Jpop music that makes good Jpop so hard to find, I think it took Kpop a while to find their own sound and then they did they became good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    And I that Twinkle Twinkle is aegyo done right. As far as I'm aware, it's a borderline parody of aegyo concepts. But this friend of mine tends to mock my obsession with k-pop because, to her, k-pop is about 30-year old women trying to be cute.
    You should show her some 9Muses, they are mid 20s woman who try to be strong sexy independent woman. Or show her some G.NA, BoA, Lee Hyori... i can think of several girls who feel strong and independent rather than the new groups with young girls.

Deleted
    I was amusing myself with the thought of looking up what all of them abbreviated names stands for, but then I remembered when I did it for U-KISS and VIXX. I am a smarter man, and have therefore not done it. JK! H.O.T. stands for High-Five Of Teenagers. And g.o.d. stands for Groove Over Dose. And Fin.K.L. obviously stands for Fin Killing Liberty.

I generally don't mind the older k-pop. I just cringe at their MVs. And styling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    You should show her some 9Muses, they are mid 20s woman who try to be strong sexy independent woman. Or show her some G.NA, BoA, Lee Hyori... i can think of several girls who feel strong and independent rather than the new groups with young girls.
    That really requires actually being able to get her to listen again. I fear I spooked the poor girl too much. I think BoA would be a good place to start. She's a solo artist, so she can't complain about it being a group with a thousand members, and she's relatively unoffensive. Perhaps throw in some SHINee, since she was pretty into the boy band craze in the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    High-Five of Teenagers is the only one I knew lol.

S.E.S is just their names at least
    You could also try with with some Kiss&Cry Pistol. Then when she asks "where are their awful cutsey songs" you can be like that's their only song HA!

- - - Updated - - -

I can't wait!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    High-Five of Teenagers is the only one I knew lol.

S.E.S is just their names at least
    You could also try with with some Kiss&Cry Pistol. Then when she asks "where are their awful cutsey songs" you can be like that's their only song HA!
    But I don't like Kiss&Cry myself.
    I guess SPICA would be a decent choice, tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea go with Spica!

And then follow it up with this

Deleted
    And then follow it up with this
    I almost feel like I should report you for harrasment at this point. Q.Q

10+ Year Old Account
    link her this BoA song. it's in english even though it's k-pop!

Or this entire english G.NA album

10+ Year Old Account
    Mig that song is really nice thanks for that, but that isn't what I mean when I say old Kpop either. They debuted 4years after H.O.T disbanded lol. That song you linked was not only released the same year as Gee (which was in the past yea but not "old kpop" like H.O.T and G.O.D) but also not even Kpop, that song be Japanese yo!'

Poor Pistol, you had to know what that one would be though! Maybe my joke wasn't obvious enough xD

Deleted
    I'm not sure about that one, Kag. I'm compiling a list for. The conversion is in process, though. She thinks Key looks cute, so, I take that as a sign that she's more than open to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is she into boy groups? Be careful, I learned that just because she's a girl does not mean she'll like boygroups right away the hard way with Riv.

Like 20 minutes of linking boy group songs to her into our conversation without her liking any of them, I try a girl group song and she finally likes something and I'm like...huh...I try another and she likes that too! then another and she keeps liking them xD

But yea go for the strong girl group stuff and try a boy group thing or two but also strong, like maybe Everybody by SHINee would be good or A-Cha by Super Junior. But not balloons by TVXQ.

Sorry by CNBlue might be a good start too as that is an amazing song and is a band not a group.

Deleted
    Mig that song is really nice thanks for that, but that isn't what I mean when I say old Kpop either. They debuted 4years after H.O.T disbanded lol. That song you linked was not only released the same year as Gee (which was in the past yea but not "old kpop" like H.O.T and G.O.D) but also not even Kpop, that song be Japanese yo!'

Poor Pistol, you had to know what that one would be though! Maybe my joke wasn't obvious enough xD
    Myeh. I really should learn to not trust you.

You could try looking up Tri-angle by DBSK. It's one of their first songs, so it definitely counts as moderately old k-pop. It's good, and definitely has the k-pop sound that we're more accustomed to. It even features BoA. But, if you do decide to check it out. Uhm... Ignore the MV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that I have actually heard before and is one of the only pre JYJ split TVXQ songs I liked

Deleted
    But yea go for the strong girl group stuff and try a boy group thing or two but also strong, like maybe Everybody by SHINee would be good or A-Cha by Super Junior. But not balloons by TVXQ.

Sorry by CNBlue might be a good start too as that is an amazing song and is a band not a group.
    Everybody is already on my list. Anything Super Junior is off limits for now. EXO as well. Too many members for a first timer, I feel.

CNBlue would probably be a really strong, safe choice. Gonna add some of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh that I have actually heard before and is one of the only pre JYJ split TVXQ songs I liked
    I like to refer to it as their IGAB. It's four/five songs in one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget to add Trouble Maker in your list! this stuff is addictive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-zRAQmKUkI

10+ Year Old Account
    Also 4minute!

Go with 4minute Volume up, 4minute are a tried and true group of getting people who don't like Kpop into Kpop Even if they don't get into Kpop they still like 4minute.