Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    1. One day yes, not soon however.
    2. Didn't they already get recognition as a state?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Observer state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    None really cares, that support you see from world leaders is just Political correctness, especialy during Abbas's visits, behind the scenes NO ONE really gives a damn, especialy the big players.
    Well, you're welcome to believe that. I'm sure a lot of the "hawks" in the Israeli government have convinced themselves of the same. Then again, a lot of leaders have probably convinced themselves of the same in the past, right up until the point where their products are banned, their diplomats are declared unwanted and their foreign funds are frozen.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    2. Yes, they did by a great majority in the UN. Israel and the US managed to block them gaining full UN membership though, against the will of the majority of member states. Which highlights a worrysome disregard for democracy.

Answer is simple = everybody recognises (as in for real, not only on paper) Israel and jews rights to exist, conflict ends.
    P.S.
    I am willing to bet a cookie that this will turn into another "The Evil Zionist Juice is eating palestinian babies!" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Answer is simple = everybody recognises (as in for real, not only on paper) Israel and jews rights to exist, conflict ends.
    P.S.
    I am willing to bet a cookie that this will turn into another "The Evil Zionist Juice is eating palestinian babies!" thread...
    No one in power denies Israeli statehood. Israel and the US deny Palestinian statehood. Who's the one demonizing who here?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    P.S.

Didn't they do that like...two years ago?

*waits for "conflict ends"*

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a solvable problem. The events that back the conflict date back literally thousands of years. It's unlike anything Western cultures can easily grasp; the longest grudges among European nations were measured in centuries, not eons, and even then were mostly political, not as deeply ingrained as this.

There is no "good guy" in this fight. They're both being belligerent, and both are crossing the line of acceptable behaviour. And there really are decent Israelis and Palestinians who want the conflict to go away so they can just live their lives in peace. The hatred, on both sides, runs deep enough though that it will be almost impossible to stamp out. You might tamp it down for a generation or two, but that's a hiccup in the duration of the conflict.

I don't foresee a solution. The best possible option is likely a solution that NEITHER side likes, but it would have to be forced on both of them, and I'm not convinced that's any better; they're sovereign nations and we (speaking of other nations of the UN) aren't their parents.

That said, if they're committing human rights violations and the like, ALL support needs to be cut off. And potentially trade embargoes to boot. That kind of BS shouldn't be acceptable, let alone encouraged, regardless of the reasons for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The US really needs to stop pretending we can solve this because because we treat both sides the "same". Are neutral or whatever.

As Rosie Gray amd Andrew Kaczynski of Buzzfeed noted, at yesterday's hearing on Chuck Hagel Israel was mentioned 166 times, and Iran (a problem closely linked to Israel) 144 times. Afghanistan was mentioned only 20 times, and the problem of suicides of U.S. troops only twice. Glad to see that those Senators have their priorities straight. No wonder Mark Twain referred to Congress as "the smallest minds and the selfishest souls and the cowardliest hearts that God makes."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/se...t-iran-and-isr

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Why shouldn't we arm our ally? We arm the crap out of all our allies.
    bad idea. Allies can be enemy in the future. Since, they are in no risk of getting destroyed themselves, let them build their own weapons. Those weapons can be used against us in the future if our interest changes (we are democracy, interest changes are like fashion fads for us).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only way this ends is with Palestine as a free and sovereign state. Not soon, probably, but it's what will happen.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Do you guys think we will ever see a end to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict? Do you think Palestine will ever get state hood? whats your guys opinion on it?
    Probably not. Both of them claim the land is theirs because of a god and because the land is holy. You can't disprove those things to the zealous people. But, perhaps, we might be able to push them to the margins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Probably not. Both of them claim the land is theirs because of a god and because the land is holy. You can't disprove those things to the zealous people. But, perhaps, we might be able to push them to the margins.
    False, both group do not equally emphasize a religious claim to the land.
    One group, was living there for hundreds of year until present, and just wanted to keep living there.
    One group mostly left 2000 years ago, wanted it back. Claim their religious lease from 3000 years gives them greater rights than current residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No one in power denies Israeli statehood. Israel and the US deny Palestinian statehood. Who's the one demonizing who here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Didn't they do that like...two years ago?
    *waits for "conflict ends"*
    How many arab countries (+Iran) do not recognise Israel? That should answer the question.
    Also, i said not on paper, while a certain group of people consisting of tens of millions cant get into their heads that jews are humans too, it wont ever stop.

You should study history harder, you will find out that basically only the second map is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Seriously just drop a bomb on both of them and end this crap. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    False, both group do not equally emphasize a religious claim to the land.
    One group, was living there for hundreds of year until present, and just wanted to keep living there.
    One group mostly left 2000 years ago, wanted it back. Claim their religious lease from 3000 years gives them greater rights than current residents.
    No, both groups do indeed claim it's theirs because of god. It's merely your own attribution of who is more in the right that makes you think otherwise.

The conflict will end when the area known as palestine is wiped of the map. That's what the Israeli government wants, and they have the means to achiev it.

There's not gonna be a peacefull resolution to it at least.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Do you guys think we will ever see a end to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict? ?
    Certainly. All that needs to happen for this to come to be is for one side to be completely removed from the planet. I really don't care which.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Filthy Zionists.
    I am not sure about what to do: cry or laugh?
    Because Zionist card is overplayed to death.
    Also, please be so nice and learn some history, those maps are not real, except the one about UN plan.

Why should we care about drama on the other side of the planet in a land area 40% smaller than Lake Michigan?