Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Thanks. In hindsight, I should have just kept the information at minimum or asked advice somewhere else.

It's about a loud, obnoxious person keeping me up at night and me seeking advice what to do about it. I guess I just have to play dirty. The problem isn't going away on it's own. It's been like it for at least 8-10 years now and I often had problems in high school because I slept in all the time.. I just don't want the same thing happening in college as well.
    I don't understand... your parents must be really awful for letting him do those things (if you are not exaggerating). Get in a fight with them... verbally of course... and make your point clear. Tell them you are not going to pay your share of the rent if they don't make your useless brother stop.

That's what I'd do if I couldn't beat him up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I don't understand... your parents must be really awful for letting him do those things (if you are not exaggerating). Get in a fight with them... verbally of course... and make your point clear. Tell them you are not going to pay your share of the rent if they don't make your useless brother stop.

That's what I'd do if I couldn't beat him up.
    Then they would probably just throw her out if turns out her parents are as bad as I think.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Then they would probably just throw her out if turns out her parents are as bad as I think.
    Still better than living at home if the situation is as severe as she describes.

And if they throw her out because of this they are extremely shitty parents anyway. Not her loss.

Sounds like you want to control the house or have things your way. Sure, you have voiced your opinion, nothing has changed. That is well within your parent's right as the owners of the home to make that call. They could give your brother 3/4 of the house and give you 1 room and that is still their choice.

I have gone over the responses and unless I'm lost I can't see a compelling reason why you can't move out.
    A. You can visit your parents and help out without living there.
    B. People have moved out, got a full time job, paid their bills and attended college before. It is possible. I had to get several roommates, but I did it even without financial aid.
    C. You want to live by your own rules in your parent's house. That is the signal that you need to leave the nest and strike out on your own.
    D. The inheritance is not yours. If your parent's choose to give you anything, consider it a gift, not a check waiting to be signed. If your parents could be so easily swayed to cut you out the minute you leave, it is only going to be an inevitability assuming you get on with your life (because by the sound of it, he's not going anywhere). The saddest thing ever would be if you and your brother just stayed around until they checked out. The hope should be that your are successful enough that you don't need the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    My story has never changed and is only choppy because I'm stupid enough to fall for trolling attempts and replying to off topic things all the time. And like I said earlier, yes I have.. dropped out on purpose.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 09:19 AM ----------

No, it's personal and unrelated. I'm only saying that the opportunity won't repeat itself.
    It's personal and unrelated because you're lying.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Deal with it. Surely more to the story than you say, even as is it really is nothing horrible. I was expecting something worthwhile.

Get a white noise machine or some ear plugs and live your life.

Evil is also hardly the word here. Perhaps you meant to say inconsiderate? Huge difference.

Advice: adapt or move.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    It's personal and unrelated because you're lying.
    Yes, because you have all the facts. /sarcasm

Please stop being paranoid.

My cuisine had a similar problem once. But that was at work. Gave he's co-worker a meal, with something in it and later he fell asleep and...... well.
    Long story short, the little nap he took made the boss furious and fired him on the spot.

"Accidentally" drop some sleeping pills in he's meal from time to time. Not to make him sleep but make him drowsy.

Thanks. In hindsight, I should have just kept the information at minimum or asked advice somewhere else.

It's about a loud, obnoxious person keeping me up at night and me seeking advice what to do about it. I guess I just have to play dirty. The problem isn't going away on it's own. It's been like it for at least 8-10 years now and I often had problems in high school because I slept in all the time.. I just don't want the same thing happening in college as well.
    The problem really would go away on it's own if you'd just move out but as you said you "didn't really like it". Maybe your brother feels the same way. Sounds like you have a big house with some really troublesome first world issues, can't imagine how hard life must be if your biggest problem is loud music at night.

Why should I? Yes, I guess I could drop my plans for going to college and get a job and move out instead but it's doing him a favor, he'll get my room then too. Not only that but I'm not really the "turn the other cheek" kinda girl.. it just feels wrong being punished and rewarding him for something that's entirely he's fault.
    Just turn the other cheek and leave the loser still living with your Mom. he doesn't pay bills so your mom will tell him to get out
    He's 28 and should of got the hint a long time ago

10+ Year Old Account
    He was there first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? Have a chat with your parents. I know you said they won't care, but you also said it would be MORE expensive for them if you moved out. Give them an option. "Mom, dad, I'm moving out because (insert brother's name here) parties all the time and it affects my schoolwork, and it's not very fair that he gets to slack off and pay next to nothing when I pay my full share of the rent." Be serious. See what they say.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Deleted
    His. It started to get annoying after the 10th time

10+ Year Old Account
    Walking away from a problem like this IS how adults handle issues.

You mention what would we do if a neighbor moved in and did that? They would be reported, and if it happened enough times, they would be evicted. That's only if it's an apartment complex. If it's a residential area, I would just call the cops. This obviously isn't something that you can compare, since your parents would never kick him out.

That leaves you with two options:

(1) Put up with it until you're done with school
    (2) Move out

You're only going to make things worse for yourself if you go down to his level. Be the bigger person and move out if you can't stand him anymore.

I think that's why people are calling you entitled or spoiled, you refuse an option that doesn't end with you getting your way. Welcome to being an adult, you don't always get what you want.

I don't get where this "evil" part came in. Did he torture small animals as a child?

Deleted
    record the sound. let your mother hear it. tell her that you can't sleep through that noise. if she asks where that's from, tell her it's her baby boy.

Trying to help home's bills okay but you sound like it's an obligation. It's pretty weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Trying to help home's bills okay but you sound like it's an obligation. It's pretty weird.
    Paying your way in life is an obligation.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    evil slob, egotistic jerk, skanky girlfriend ...

yea the problem's all his side ............
    She is his younger sister and while sure these things she's said are mean, but everyone has a breaking point. She needs someone to look up to and her brother is destroying that possibility. I'd have more sympathy for the brother if he did some good for himself, but he's obviously not, from what we can tell. She just wants some help on helping him.

@OP: I suggest talking to your extended family about this, maybe stage some kind of intervention? Maybe one of them will let you move in?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water