Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I will only use it if it's not permanent. I like the variation of red orange and green fire destro has now. If it was all green I think it make all spells bland eventually.

I don't get one thing.

Warlocks is a class of badass evil mages who rely on doing blood sacrifices, demon summoning, agony, all that kind of stuff. Basically they evil and do bad things. Incinerating your opponent, watching him burn and cry in agony is quite a warlockish things, just like, I don't know, burning villages using demonic powers.

The thing is... why green? The first thing that comes to (my) mind when I hear "green" are trees and grass. Rather peacefull. Even if you decide that green is the color of death and decay, one question remains...

WHY NOT BLACK?

I've always wanted black fire stuff. I mean, thats totally badass, that would definitely separate warlocks from mages, and black fire is actually threatening, not just... well, green. I'm really pretty suprised that the long - lasting while about a small, cosmetic change (I made a post on forums that hunters should do a somersault while disengaging, no reaction from Blizzard) is about making fire GREEN, not BLACK.

Hope I'm not alone in this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Really? A discussion if the color red or green is better? I prefer blue...

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 01:06 PM ----------

Fire color depends on what you burn.

dark red = default fire
    yellowish green = sacrificed drunks (or dwarves)
    green = FIRE SIPHONED FROM DEMONS
    blue = blizzard employees
    violet = mage tears (arcane)
    purple = mage tears (frost)
    white = an intriguing mix of death knight, paladin and priest

So no, fire should definitely not always be red.
    translated for warlocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    the warlock in my guild explained to me that it was a running joke in the warlock forums a couple of years ago
    Had something to do with them wanting to fix their class and blizzard sugessting a visual update of the firespells instead

So it ended up in "yay, our class sucks, but we are getting green fire!!11"
    wowmb (The Warlocks' Den) was full of Green Fire threads back in the day (i.e. classic and TBC), in particular when so many NPCs and environments started using green fire in TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't get one thing.

Warlocks is a class of badass evil mages who rely on doing blood sacrifices, demon summoning, agony, all that kind of stuff. Basically they evil and do bad things. Incinerating your opponent, watching him burn and cry in agony is quite a warlockish things, just like, I don't know, burning villages using demonic powers.

The thing is... why green? The first thing that comes to (my) mind when I hear "green" are trees and grass. Rather peacefull. Even if you decide that green is the color of death and decay, one question remains...

WHY NOT BLACK?

I've always wanted black fire stuff. I mean, thats totally badass, that would definitely separate warlocks from mages, and black fire is actually threatening, not just... well, green. I'm really pretty suprised that the long - lasting while about a small, cosmetic change (I made a post on forums that hunters should do a somersault while disengaging, no reaction from Blizzard) is about making fire GREEN, not BLACK.

Cause fel fire is green, ever been to Shadowmoon Valley? Warlocks use demonic magics = fel = green fire.

So much buzz about changing the colour of the spells of basically one spec. Ill do the quest for entertainment value, but if the spec doesn't get a nice PVE upgrade i doubt anyone will see green fire.

YAY I GOT GREEN FIRE!!!!1 Now i can suck at dps with a cool new colour!! /facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't get one thing.

WHY NOT BLACK?

Yea i've always liked the idea of shadow and flame.

I personally wont even play destro pvp in 5.2 anymore so this green fire wont change anything for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Im gunna get it, once i can be bothered to level my warlock to 90 that is (85-90 four times killed the leveler in me).

Im just doing it for the story though nice as green fire is im demo...soo....yeah.

Sure, sure, fel fire, yes. The thing is, incinerate is fire, not fel fire. RoF is fire, not fel fire. Immolate is fire, not fel fire.

The whole thing about burning life essence or whatever, might all be true in the examples mentioned, but my incinerate tooltip says:

"Deals 1421 to 1570 (+ 140% of SpellPower) Fire damage to an enemy."

Fel flame is green, that's why it's called fel flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Cause fel fire is green, ever been to Shadowmoon Valley? Warlocks use demonic magics = fel = green fire.
    Actually they use fel-shadow magic and wreak havoc with potent fire spells. They don't use "demonic-magics" but summon demons from the twisting nether.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-02-03 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Green is for pussies, no, I am not getting it. I want black fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Green is for pussies, no, I am not getting it. I want black fire.
    With the amount of times blizzard has trolled us with green fire we should turn the tables and troll them and demand black fire as soon as green fire is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    I might be a special snowflake and keep red fire
    If I could choose, I would have all of my fire being red. But since some of it is already forced green, I guess I'll go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    With the amount of times blizzard has trolled us with green fire we should turn the tables and troll them and demand black fire as soon as green fire is released.
    Yes, let's do this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Omg lol, this sooo much.

I say we should demand red shadow later

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/a/ae/Voidwalker1.jpg - WC3 red VW
    http://www.wowpedia.org/images/a/a0/SkraGath.jpg - WoW red-ish VW
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Wait, they implemented green fire, and it is aquired through a quest line?

I remember making that suggestion on the WoW official forums 2 years ago. Wow.
    Only 2? Because Locks have been asking for some quest to have green, or "fel fire" for many years indeed, at least 6 (when i started playing and saw people ask)

I won't be getting it, Because my Lock is lvl 60 lol, I was having fun leveling him, then suddenly stopped :S

I don't play destro so probably not. I'd like to do the quest line but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Sure, sure, fel fire, yes. The thing is, incinerate is fire, not fel fire. RoF is fire, not fel fire. Immolate is fire, not fel fire.

The whole thing about burning life essence or whatever, might all be true in the examples mentioned, but my incinerate tooltip says:

"Deals 1421 to 1570 (+ 140% of SpellPower) Fire damage to an enemy."

Fel flame is green, that's why it's called fel flame.

Actually they use fel-shadow magic and wreak havoc with potent fire spells. They don't use "demonic-magics" but summon demons from the twisting nether.
    Exactly. That is why the item that turns your fire spells green says "Infuses your fire spells with fel-energy". Our once normal fire is corrupted by fel energy, making it look green now. It is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Really? A discussion if the color red or green is better? I prefer blue...

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 01:06 PM ----------

You are so mean to copper sulfate fire:

Fire color depends on what you burn.

dark red = lithium chloride
    yellowish green = borax
    green = copper sulfate
    blue = copper chloride
    violet = 3 parts potassium sulfate, 1 part potassium nitrate (saltpeter)
    purple = potassium chloride
    white = magnesium sulfate

So no, fire should not always be red.
    Ahhh, good ole chem/orgo lab and the flame test. Imo flames should be bright blue, forgot the substance needed, but I know it wasn't copper chloride

10+ Year Old Account
    I would honestly rather have shadow destruction back, not a fan of fire in general.

I will keep red as I use to enjoy playing a Fire Mage but since MoP Destro for me at least is a more fun Fire damage spec.