Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, I'll put it simply. Even if they give us green fire, but give Mages Dark Animus/Blood magic and Priests Sha magic, then I am through with my Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Well, I'll put it simply. Even if they give us green fire, but give Mages Dark Animus/Blood magic and Priests Sha magic, then I am through with my Warlock.
    no need to be through with him. we have tentacle sets (2 of them, as of 5.2), we have a sha set, we have void stuff, demon stuff, we have exclusive mounts, and the shivarra has nice... armpits. no matter what they give to the other 2 clothies, we will always be the kings of terror. all our armor is scary, anyway
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll do questline but the combo of me mainly playing affliction and thinking the green looks just plain stupid will keep me traditional

I prefer the default fire. I just wish the burning embers over my head were red instead of green.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i will (For a while) but in the end i will go with green fire (most likely, but well it can change with time :P)

Nope not getting it. I love destruction and red is my color.

Green fire or gtfo!

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no need to be through with him. we have tentacle sets (2 of them, as of 5.2), we have a sha set, we have void stuff, demon stuff, we have exclusive mounts, and the shivarra has nice... armpits. no matter what they give to the other 2 clothies, we will always be the kings of terror. all our armor is scary, anyway
    With the Warlock revamp, they tried to solidify the class identity. By giving those features to the other classes they completely ruin that effort.

Sickly green or hellish orange. Such a hard choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    I would honestly rather have shadow destruction back, not a fan of fire in general.
    I yearn for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Really? A discussion if the color red or green is better? I prefer blue...

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 01:06 PM ----------

You are so mean to copper sulfate fire:

Fire color depends on what you burn.

dark red = lithium chloride
    yellowish green = borax
    green = copper sulfate
    blue = copper chloride
    violet = 3 parts potassium sulfate, 1 part potassium nitrate (saltpeter)
    purple = potassium chloride
    white = magnesium sulfate

So no, fire should not always be red.

Speaking even more technically the color of fire is dependent on the original distance (from the nucleus) the electrons were before they were given an energy boost, and then their final "resting" distance (from the nucleus) after they expel the energy. If you put enough effort into it you can theoretically recreate any color with the same material, there's just more physics and prep-work involved, compared to just a simple spark or introduction of fire.
    Green has a shorter wavelength than red, so technically warlocks with green fire should get a dps boost (cuz their magical fire is hotter)...and also burn (lulz pun) through their mana quicker...

Destro-spec warlock without green flames?

Dude, if you wanted to play a fire mage so bad, why not just make one?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Destro-spec warlock without green flames?

Dude, if you wanted to play a fire mage so bad, why not just make one?
    A class is not defined by the colour of its missiles. Sorry. We had no Green Fire in Vanilla or TBC and people fucking loved Incinerate when it came out, in spite of it looking like fire, rather than gas.

It's kinda sad that this is their selling point for Destro next patch.

Oh well, at least my Demo warlock could see some green fire with hellfire and soul fire (if they are included).

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Green has a shorter wavelength than red, so technically warlocks with green fire should get a dps boost (cuz their magical fire is hotter)...and also burn (lulz pun) through their mana quicker...
    Also lore-wise when warlocks opted for green fire they did it because it was more powerful, so we should demand buff to our fire spells when those become green! On the other hand, Blizzard could say something like our fire was always green, but we magically concealed it to look like ordinary fire, in order to not freak out our comrades.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Fel its a resource, like Arcane energy. We use Fel energy to summon(create?) our Fire throught that resources, and Fel Fire is either the usual Fire empowered by Fel, or another fire that we summon from the nether(probably the first option, since the second one is much like Hiei from YuYu Hakusho summoning the black flames, lol!).
    From my understanding of Warcraft Lore, there's no such thing as a "Mana" we draw power from directly resources to create stuff(Mostly are Arcane, because its not addictive as Fel)
    Usually, things empowered by Fel turns into Green stuff(i would say Always, but i'm not 100% hundred sure that there isn't some Fel stuff that isn't greenish) and thats why we always wanted green fire.
    Also, Fel is much more powerful than arcane, but much more dangerous. That's why its used to empower stuff, something created by Fel itself would probably be much of a risk, i think the only spell in the game that do use Fel energy into its pure form, its the Chaos Bolt, that would explain why it does so much damage, and needs that much preparation time, and why it is green.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure thats how it works.

Also, i wish they had come with some Fel Energy Talent, where all our spells were boosted with fel energy(Since our Demons are a resource of Fel energy, i must say that GoSaC sounds perfect for it). Would make much more sense than just changin colours without changing the destructive power of our spells.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I didn't know your warlock was a chemist. Mine just summons fire from the pits of hell, which has a shortage of geeks that enjoy burning stuff for curious chemical reactions.
    I think the pits of hell are full with geeky pyromaniacs trying to burn the world down as colorful as possible. Its not about the color, it's about sending a message

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Wait, they implemented green fire, and it is aquired through a quest line?

I remember making that suggestion on the WoW official forums 2 years ago. Wow.
    You and a million others since the release of WoW pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    With the Warlock revamp, they tried to solidify the class identity. By giving those features to the other classes they completely ruin that effort.
    By giving complete none-warlock thematics to other classes, they ruin the class identity. By not diluting our class with new elements, they failed to solidify it? Right, sure.

Personally, I'll do the chain just because it's something to do - but I've got an entire red and fiery transmog set for my pvp set that works as a nice counter to my blue and grey pve set - I'd miss the red fire matching on the rare occasions I play destro. I'm hoping there's a way to toggle between the two once you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    By giving complete none-warlock thematics to other classes, they ruin the class identity. By not diluting our class with new elements, they failed to solidify it? Right, sure.

Personally, I'll do the chain just because it's something to do - but I've got an entire red and fiery transmog set for my pvp set that works as a nice counter to my blue and grey pve set - I'd miss the red fire matching on the rare occasions I play destro. I'm hoping there's a way to toggle between the two once you have it.
    Let me elaborate that for you. All this time, destro locks try to distinguish themselves from fire mages in terms of locks using outlandish flames and mages normal ones. How will this difference stand if Mages start using crimson/blood flames and red lightning (see Dark Animus fight)? The identity differentiation will be screwed up again since mages will be taking darker paths. I cannot see why a Warlock feels comfortable with Mages taking darker schools of magic.

As of Sha and Shadowpriests. You've seens spriests, they are subtle and shadowy, like the name implies. The Sha derive from emotions and are chaotic, relentless and destructive.

To sum up, if Mages get Blood Magic, they will turn darker. If Priests get Sha, they will turn more absolute and destructive, let alone cooler.

Both of these identity shifts will disturb the persona the Warlock class is proud for. As for the Blood Magic theory, I know it sounds out of the blue but I can elaborate it if I have to though means shown by the Dark Animus boss and 5.2 events in general.