Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've said it a million times on other forums; every guild will have trouble in their own ways. Every boss will be different to each group's experience because of their strengths and weaknesses, along with composition. The hardest part about doing a heroic boss is how different it can be from normal mode, giving players more to do, thus becoming more chaotic. Spirit Kings is a great example of that, and has proven to be the hardest boss in MV. It was a good road block for good guilds before the nerf as well. Will of the Emperor is also very different from normal mode, which gives the average guild a lot of trouble. To really good guilds the fight is still easy, and it only takes a few attempts for some of them, but others just can't handle it. Sometimes a guild will hold off on even attempting some bosses because of their nature or stature, like being the last boss in the instance (or one of the later ones), giving it the illusion that it is difficult. Usually it's one of the earlier bosses that gives guilds trouble, such as Stone Guards or Garalon. In my opinion, the measure of how difficult a boss is would be how many mechanics it has, and how well you have to work with your group. When it's a fight where it's just pure healing and DPS, the fight becomes easier with gear and isn't much to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersynd View Post
    I've said it a million times on other forums; every guild will have trouble in their own ways. Every boss will be different to each group's experience because of their strengths and weaknesses, along with composition. The hardest part about doing a heroic boss is how different it can be from normal mode, giving players more to do, thus becoming more chaotic. Spirit Kings is a great example of that, and has proven to be the hardest boss in MV. It was a good road block for good guilds before the nerf as well. Will of the Emperor is also very different from normal mode, which gives the average guild a lot of trouble. To really good guilds the fight is still easy, and it only takes a few attempts for some of them, but others just can't handle it. Sometimes a guild will hold off on even attempting some bosses because of their nature or stature, like being the last boss in the instance (or one of the later ones), giving it the illusion that it is difficult. Usually it's one of the earlier bosses that gives guilds trouble, such as Stone Guards or Garalon. In my opinion, the measure of how difficult a boss is would be how many mechanics it has, and how well you have to work with your group. When it's a fight where it's just pure healing and DPS, the fight becomes easier with gear and isn't much to deal with.
    Spirit Kings isn't even hard, took like 30 pulls last Wednesday-Thursday, and about 80% of those were wipes to First boss/2nd boss entering. Rest of the fight is piss easy. Hardest part is 1st boss 30% -> 0 without anyone dying.

Feng is the easiest. The new phase is just as easy as the rest once you learn it and the other 3 phases are the same.

Feng, Doggies, Garajal, Elegon, Kings, Will.

If your tanks can do the taunting properly, then do Doggies first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Spirit Kings isn't even hard, took like 30 pulls last Wednesday-Thursday, and about 80% of those were wipes to First boss/2nd boss entering. Rest of the fight is piss easy. Hardest part is 1st boss 30% -> 0 without anyone dying.
    First time killing it last week? I'm assuming you're not all 463 on launch like the raid was intended to be done as. I'm guessing you farmed the easier bosses a few times and got a bunch of pretty heroic pieces. This is what I'm talking about, fights being easier due to certain reasons. Do everything in the first couple weeks and tell me what you think.
    Edit: You're saying it's not a hard fight, but I said it's the hardest. All of MV is pretty easy, so you're not disagreeing with me? 30 pulls is a lot and no where near the amount for the other 5.
    Last edited by Mersynd; 2013-02-03 at 05:34 PM.

As a brewmaster tank i've found gara'jal to be the easiest. Pretty much normal mode for us exept you need to pay more attention to your cooldowns.

feng, stonedogs, elegon and garajal seems equally easy imo. you could start on any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Closure View Post
    As you never stated 10 or 25 man raid, I can only give you our 25 man experience.

1. Garajal.
    2. Feng
    3. StoneGuards ( Would be #1, but yay for melee and traps )
    4. Elegon
    lol thats pure overgeared to the max, stone guards and feng both went down under 20 tries, gara'jal was brick wall into berserk timer :P

basically if you're all epics only will/spirit kings is hard, rest u can just lol power through with dps.

Feng - stone gaurd - elegon garjal - will - spirit kings !!

Deleted
    Spirit kings is a step-up compared to any of the other first 5. Rest depends a bit on strengths/weakness of the raid. If you're good at numbers and/or overgear it, garajal should probably be easiest. For us from easy to hard (only started heroics couple of weeks ago) it was garajal < elegon < stone guards < feng. Stone guard we had some unneccassary wipes before our dk swapped to blood and went to tile the room. Garajal we 1shot, albeit sloppy. Elegon is almost same as normal, slightly boosted hp and you need soakers. Feng just need to get used to good useage of the barrier compared with raid dps, and have some plan for the adds in extra phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Feng is the easiest.

Deleted
    Depends on your raid team.

Have good tanks? Can your raid avoid shit like traps and handle chains properly? Do Stone Guard.

They have problem with any of that but have good DPS? Feng.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a DPS pov it's Gara'jal.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Kings post-nerf isn't hard. The hard part is the transition. It also matters on your comp, gear, and who your weaker players in your group are and what role they play. It also depends if you play 10m or 25m.

1. Elegon
    2. Dogs
    3. Feng
    4. Gara'jal
    5. Will
    6. Spirit Kings

I really think Gara'jal is the easiest.

heroic 25 experience here, but imo either feng or gara'jal as easiest...we just nuked through gara with a minute left on enrage first kill ;3

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Feng, then Gara'jal, then Elegon are the easiest. Stone Guard can be up there depending on your comp (and if your tanks are very good). My group still wipes on Stone Guard. Feng is easysauce, and Gara'jal is extremely easy (if a little tight on the Berserk timer if you 3-heal).

For me Feng was easiest. Dogs were pain in the ass to heal when everyone had crappy gear...

1. Elegon/Feng
    2. Feng/Elegon
    3. Dogs
    4. Spirit troll man
    5. Will
    6. Spirit Kings

In terms of how many wipes It took to down the boss the first time.

1. Elegon
    2. Feng
    3. Dogs
    4. Spirit troll man
    5. Will
    6. Spirit Kings
    Last edited by Erquonter; 2013-02-04 at 06:24 AM.