Poll: Which faction did you chose ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started as Horde because it seemed more badass, and had cooler races.

I eventually began playing Alliance primarily because that's where my friends were, but I still play Horde and it's still my favourite faction.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Me and my friends picked Horde, because orcs, bullmen, troll and walking intelligent corpses are not your ordinary fantasy races to play, where as the Alliance was almost exactly that.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Preferred the red paladin mount to the blue one.

Alliance-

I love everything Elven, so when I first started the game up and saw the Night Elf running through the woods and turning into a panther.. I was hooked, I had zero clue about warcraft so had zero clue about factions and stuff, I just wanted to play a female Elf that could turn into animals.

Never regretted my choice

Alliance because my real life friend who got me into the game was playing alliance. Also because dwarves are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am both.

Though, my first choice was Horde. Because they were less ugly than the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde because my friend that got me started in WoW long ago recommended I make a Tauren. I have stayed on the Horde ever since.

Also, Hordies are seen as "cooler" in my opinion. Plus my family plays Horde. I want to stick with them.

I did play Alliance for a little bit, but I faction-changed over to Horde after a year or so.

not sure why you'd only play 1 side

you are missing out on like half the game by not playing the other side and seeing their quests and storyline

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde because I like there story alot better. I do have one alliance night elf Mage to see there side of the story but. Will never gear that but.
    Aye mate

alliance because at the time horde didnt have paladins yet

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    not sure why you'd only play 1 side

you are missing out on like half the game by not playing the other side and seeing their quests and storyline
    Maybe because I dont want to see problems they have? I just want to kill them, not pitty them.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe because I dont want to see problems they have? I just want to kill them, not pitty them.
    You don't have to pity them though. I played Forsaken along side my Night Elves for a while, then realised I enjoyed returning undead to the dirt where they belong just as much as I enjoyed playing the few toons I had, knowing their story didn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 1st char ever was Tauren Warrior, so horde but i played only for 1-2 days and give up due to hard auto-attack mechanic

After a while i back and start learning the game and exploring the world as a Human Paladin, because...come on it was a paladin, defender of lordaeron,champion of light,bane of undead. Just love the class lore generally back then.

I play both so I can't really vote here.

Horde, friends played it and back in BC I perceived the Horde to be the more mature faction. Not sure if this was actually true or not, seeing as I did end up dealing with quite a bit of guild drama before BC was over, but back then I was absolutely sure that more kids played the Alliance, at least on my server/battlegroup. In all this time, I've never leveled an Alliance character past 40 (although I have a side-project monk that might break this, and I've gotten an alliance DK to 63 and I don't really count that).

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Horde because

1) I like red better than blue
    2) Blood Elves had my favorite campaign in WC3
    3) Blood Elves look the coolest imo

I play both really. I started as Alliance and played them from vanilla and TBC. Played both Alliance and Horde from WOTLK and Cata. Playing mostly Alliance again since they became the underdog and I kind of like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been Human and by extension Alliance since I downloaded Warcraft 1 shareware demo off of a BBS. That's quite a long time.

I have played Horde though in WoW, just to do it and see the other side of the coin. Raided as Undead in Cata, but don't currently have any capped Horde toons though. I rolled Horde because I felt like I was only getting 50% of the game by just being Alliance, might as well get my full money's worth.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-02-04 at 03:41 PM.

1st choice: Alliance, so I could play with my cousin.
    2nd choice: Horde, so I could play with my cousin.
    3rd choice: Horde, cuz troll was the coolest warrior to me.

Yeah, not the most interesting of reasons. Now I stay Horde because I like the races better, their backstory better, everything about the Horde is just better to me.

I went with alliance. Mainly because all my friends from previous MMOs joined the alliance. I didn't want to separate myself from them and be the only hordie