Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i remember when dbm would use old god sounds when digging up artifacts...took people a long time to realize it was dbm doing an april fools troll.

everyone using it use dbm?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

That sound is when a rare beast is captured and tamed by a Hunter of either faction.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Your heart will explode.
    Your courage will fail.

Edit: Could be Druids exploiting.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-02-03 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it Tingle ??? Muahahahahaha.

Give into your Rage try & strike me down

Give into your Anger

I honestly would suggest maybe to make sure the voice chat function isn't some how on or Troubleshoot by removing and see what it could be.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The Ice Stone has melted?
    LOL I remember this! I doubt it's what the OP is experiencing though...

The Ice Stone has melted!

Kinda hard to misinterpret what that's for LOL!

As for you OP... I'd check your addons, you mentioned you haven't picked up any new ones
    but is it possible you've updated some recently? DBM did do an April fool's joke using C'thun voices
    as well as for archaeology. Also, could it be a new item you've picked up? I have an item in my bag
    that every time I change zones, port or zone in to an instance I get spammed "You can't use that here".
    No clue what item it is, but it's constant. Good luck, I hope you figure it out.

And remember... They're only voices, they can't hurt you unless you let them xD!
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    It's called hunger. Do something about it. :P

I have no idea what it could be. I had a similar situation a few years ago, though. I was hearing random deep voices while playing and couldn't figure out what it was. It was an addon that collected UI errors and stuff and for some reason, the addon started using C'Thuns voice files for some error notification. Pretty funny - you're out there, doing your business, farming, whatever, and some creep keeps telling you how you're already dead and all your friends will abandon you and stuff.
    I think it was April Fools day last year, DBM started randomly using C'thun voice files to talk to me and everyone that had it installed as a prank... god it scared the crap out of me at first because I didn't know what was going on or why my PC was talking lol, it took one of my guildies pointing out it was the DBM april fools day joke before I worked out what it was haha

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

15+ Year Old Account
    I know what it is. You're having a case of "a rabid hamster in your pc".

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing is back! The Sha has risen him from the death. Don't tell anyone yet. It's still a secret at Blizzards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The Ice Stone has melted?
    Oh I forgot all about that. You made me laugh :P

T: I have no idea. If you're a hunter, maybe your pet? >:

Deleted
    Oh god I'm so glad I wasn't only one hearing it
    Was at the toxic pool in ogrimmar last night doing fishing daily, nobody else around so wasn't a hunters pet.
    And their was a creepy growling noise every 30 seconds or so.
    And I mean horror movie creepy not a regular growl,very deep and low, the tone reminded me of c'thun
    I genuinely thought it was behind me as in , in my room, kept swinging around and taking headphones off but no noise then lol
    Van confirm nobody else around as I hadn't sorted name plating on that toon as it was newish, so anyone close would appear with name above their head clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Deathwing is back! The Sha has risen him from the death. Don't tell anyone yet. It's still a secret at Blizzards.
    Was that supposed to be funny?..

OP: Weird, I've heard the exact thing in Orgrimmar and VotFW. Never thought anything of it till now.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Deleted
    Do you use that Nightwing RAF mount? It makes retarded growls sometimes and that's why i can't use it :--D

Deleted
    It's Yogg-Saron's brother Bob-Saron.

He's here to avenge his brother.

Deleted
    Time to go see a doctor. Not good to hear random voices in your head tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have the error voices on (Need more rage, I can't do that yet, etc.) but the sound for them is low? I've done that before and could hear faint voices once in a while.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Serious answer, turn your ambience down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyranne View Post
    Are you doing archaeology when you hear this?
    No, I haven't done Archaeology at all since I heard it the first time actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Your courage will fail.
    It doesn't sound like any of the Old Gods' quotes either. I've checked all of them, just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Do you use that Nightwing RAF mount? It makes retarded growls sometimes and that's why i can't use it :--D
    No, I don't have that mount. However, I have heard its sounds in-game and the growling I hear is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Do you have the error voices on (Need more rage, I can't do that yet, etc.) but the sound for them is low? I've done that before and could hear faint voices once in a while.
    Not that I know of. However, it doesn't seem like it could be that, as I hear the same growl on all 3 characters (all different races). Aren't error voices voiced by each race?

Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo View Post
    Serious answer, turn your ambience down.
    I would do that, but it's not really something that annoys me, as I don't hear it that often. I also would like to get a record of when I hear it next, to maybe help explain what it is.

Deleted
    Well here I was, just in game, doing nothing, hearing like a really low "growl". I was quite high up in the air too so no hunter pets etc.

I thought it was my cat snoring.
    Didn't think of it twice.

then I saw this thread, and the fuck, i hear the sound again.

AAAHHHH now I can't stop thinking of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Hehe. This freaked sooooooooo many people out at launch. It was fun.

On Topic: Slenderman

Or check your addons.
    What do you mean? what heart explosion you are talking about

Cloud serpents growl too as you fly around on them. A lot of the new mounts have different sound effects instead of/along with any wingbeat sounds. Companion pets do as well. Other than that, it might just be a bug. Blizz is preparing a new content patch for us. Something might have slipped in, or something else is not being paid as much attention to and needs tweaking.

Sound bugs are so common I don't hear them much anymore. Most recently, my gorilla tanking pet charged in and sounded like a raptor.