Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arcane: Why Pink with Glitter?

Arcane Missiles: Pink with golden Glitter;

Arcane Blast: Pink with pink Glitter;

Arcane Barrage: Pink and Blue with some Glitter on the caster;

Nether Tempest: Pink with golden Glitter;

why are arcane spells so pink and glittering? I have nothing against pink and glittering stuff, but these spells are used for killing animals and people alike, subjugating the opposition and mass murdering murlocs. except that they don't look like a threat at all. they look like party light effects lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's an abstract concept, not like frost and fire. Purple is the easiest middle ground and any other colour would probably encroach on the various natural elements.

Just my 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cuz Jaina Proudmoore likes pink
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    You laugh at the pink pew pew's until they turn your insides out and you explode with a little "Plop".

I guess they chose pink so they can differ between the things like frost, fire, nature, holy and this stuff.

They could take purple, silver or other weird colours but they chose pink, maybe because blizz likes pink, no one knows :P

Deleted
    I think of Arcane as a very unstable and corrupting force. If you aren't skilled enough, it'll corrupt you. If you become drunk with power, it'll corrupt you. I see purple as the most unatural colour, and because Arcane is pure magic (And magic itself is unnatural) purple fits.

Just my 2 cents

I't not pink, it's purple. It's a common colour usually associated with arcane magic in many games and settings, like blue is for frost/water and red/orange is for fire magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

why is everyone saying it's purple when it's obviously bright pink? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    its pink because its MAaAAaAgICaL

ill be honest tho, i would have picked an electrical white-ish colour
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Cuz Jaina Proudmoore likes pink
    Jaina: "All I ever wanted to do was to be fabulous"

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Warcraft universe, Arcane magic has taken on different colors. In WC2, it was blue/white.

Deleted
    frost = blue
    fire = red
    arcane = WTFARCANESLOLFIREANDFROSTSZ

red + blue = purple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why is everyone saying it's purple when it's obviously bright pink? lol
    Because it is purple. Pink is low saturation red, but it does overlap a little with purple. Due to the high saturation of the color used for Arcane, it is purple. However, people with different gamma settings may see it as pink.

Purple:

Pink:
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-03 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because it is purple. Pink is low saturation red, but it does overlap a little with purple. Due to the high saturation of the color used for Arcane, it is purple.

using MS paint's color selector tool on the first 3 arcane spell screenshots on areas where the spell's color suffers little to no ambient interference :

10+ Year Old Account
    using MS paint's color selector tool on the first 3 arcane spell screenshots on areas where the spell's color suffers little to no ambient interference :

Exactly. Purple. The core of the missiles is darker than the aura around them.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-03 at 12:59 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn you all, im colourblind and i thought it was blue since TBC and by that moment >:C

why are arcane spells so pink and glittering? I have nothing against pink and glittering stuff, but these spells are used for killing animals and people alike, subjugating the opposition and mass murdering murlocs. except that they don't look like a threat at all. they look like party light effects lol
    That's just the thing though, any bloodthirsty Orc can pick up a blade and start hacking away to vanquish their foes. Arcane Mages? They do it in style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gweenz View Post
    Damn you all, im colourblind and i thought it was blue since TBC and by that moment >:C
    I can't describe blue Arcane Missiles with no word other than awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    As to the glitter and sparkle effects, Arcane magic on Azeroth was originally developed by Elves who then taught it to everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe this is a actually worth any discussion.... purple or pink.... I don't care as long as I blow up my enemies...

Quote Originally Posted by Gweenz View Post
    please forgive me. I can imagine it's probably pretty lame to discover your spells were actually pink