Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Greatest Sniper in US history murdered

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gun-range.html

Thats just sad. Coming home from defending you country only to be killed inside of it.

The suspect had PDST, so i wonder if this is any indication that either the army doesn't do much psychological testing, or that they don't care about the mental condition there soldiers are left in when they leave.

Pdst?

Ptsd?

Anyway he didn't come home from defending his country. He came home from defending his countries "foreign interests" (i.e. oil)

You're talking about a man who killed 150 people. But because he's a soldier he's not a serial killer. Sounds like the world is better off without him to be honest
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2013-02-03 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

A murderer killed by another one, what's the deal

Deleted
    It's no surprise that the military has pathetic mental care after their tour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Pdst?

Ptsd?

Anyway he didn't come home from defending his country. He came home from defending his countries "foreign interests" (i.e. oil)

You're talking about a man who killed 150 people. But because he's a soldier he's not a serial killer. Sounds like the world is better off without him to be honest
    Blame the system not the person. It's a job like any other job, he follows orders, the vast majority of cases he as a sniper doesn't even know details about the target, anything other then what the spotter tells him "guy in blue, to the right...". While he was the one pulling the trigger his chiefs are the ones that gave the order and should get accounter for, if you want to be fair.

But still sad news and yes you can blame it on the army post-action programs, they do almost 0 to help people get back with their life.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pdst?

Ptsd?

A murderer killed by another one, what's the deal
    Too bad he won't be around to take out the two of you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2013-02-03 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    Pdst?

Ptsd?

Yep, I found that strange too.

And the man who had the most U.S.A sniper kills. I mean is that supposed to be awesome so many were killed?
    Good shot and he probably needed to defend, and shoot those people. But come on, no need to state it in the post like it is a great feat or something. Just saying the news article is pretty derp in that.

Okay guys, soldiers are murderers. Let it be that every soldier in existence never existed, what a wonderfully primitive and backwards world we now live In!
    We are humans, we fight and have wars, even if they are grim ways to make progress, they are a staple of the evolution of society. So please, no moral debats on any of this war/army shit. Whatever country you live in has soldiers, if it didnt't, you probably wouldn't be living.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how people are labeling the sniper as a murderer. Things are different when your shooting in a war. It's not like he was skulking around New York, taking shots at people.

If the war is unjust then blame the men who started it.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallan View Post
    Too bad he won't be around to take out the two of you.
    It seems you have not reached maturity.

That's okay though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I like how people are labeling the sniper as a murderer. Things are different when your shooting in a war. It's not like he was skulking around New York, taking shots at people.

I blame the news article for glorifying. He probably needed to shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

What difference does it make, at the end of the day we're all human.

But totally agree, its politicians and super rich who decide what happens, not the men and women holding the gun.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I wouldn't doubt PTSD, especially from a sniper. Most hardcore snipers end up severely traumatized by what they go through ending someone's life who never saw it coming. I'm not sure if this is supposed to turn into a mental health thread, but I would support more support for vets in this area.

What amazes me is that the sniper was apparently fine. Did it mention what job the shooter had?
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-02-03 at 01:37 PM.

I don't tend to class soliders as murders, but that is an entirely different subject, so try to leave that out of this thread.

On-Topic: It is sad just how many soliders take their own lives, or are killed due to mental health issues, because the system feels it no longer needs to care for them. All governments should accept that they have a duty of care when it comes to their soliders, both present and past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felix87 View Post
    Guy being famous for being the most successful sniper is called just that in the article.
    Just because he was good in something you personally dont approve off does not diminish the accomplishment.

And to the people calling him a murderer ...

He did his job, admirably.
    Even so, I find it wrong because certain individuals might read it and take it the wrong way, seeing killing as a good thing and try to get many as possible.

The chance is out there. Hopefully you know what I mean.

It's sad there are still posters who sees normal soldiers as murderers.

No matter if they are defending a nation's interests, attacking, killing, rescuing, they are merely doing their job, and this guy is no doubt one of the best at his job.

These hatred and naivety towards war is better directed towards the administration that directs it, local or foreign, and be glad there are people who serve so others don't have to. Or would these internet heroes rather be conscripted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at credible news sites, I'm not seeing the claim that the suspect was suffering from PTSD, probably because its unconfirmed. Certainly wouldn't be surprised though.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I wouldn't doubt PTSD, especially from a sniper. Most hardcore snipers end up severely traumatized by what they go through ending someone's life who never saw it coming. I'm not sure if this is supposed to turn into a mental health thread, but I would support more support for vets in this area.

What amazes me is that the sniper was apparently fine. Did it mention what job the shooter had?

i dont believe the sniper himself had ptsd it was someone at the gun range that had it. i dont know the story 100% but i think his job was working with soliders or ex soliders at the gun range who suffered ptsd and one of them went wacko.

its not surprising people are discrediting him and callin him a murderer. nothing really surprises me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Blame the system not the person. It's a job like any other job, he follows orders
    I beg to differ, a civilized society should have a little more sensibility towards these matters - it's not a job like any other job. He was killing people for a living. The vast majority of us don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Men like that rarely live long. It's kind of weird when you think about it. You kill more than a hundred people some 7k miles away, on the same piece of rock and then you come back home and put together toy train sets for your kids, and expect nothing to happen to you. You act like any other ordinary joe-shmoe who usually pisses his pants at the mere sight of a gun and go to wallmart and mow your lawn, go skeet shooting etc.

It's unreal that this guy doesn't change his name/home location every 5 years or so. I mean really, didn't he think there would be a price on his head?
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelis View Post
    These hatred and naivety towards war is better directed towards the administration that directs it, local or foreign, and be glad there are people who serve so others don't have to. Or would these internet heroes rather be conscripted?
    Except when they are lied and told they "fight for their country" when in fact they are fighting for "some high-end representatives" to gain something financially. So yeah hatred towards war is a healthy and good way to go about things, because while it's based on "the human condition" it's not acceptable in this day and age if you want to progress.