Thread: New mouse

Deleted

New mouse

So as the title says I'm on the look out for a new mouse. My current mouse, the razer deathadder, is slowly starting to give up after about 4 years. I've been looking at either the sensei or the corsair m90 but I was wondering what other mice are out there for around the same price range of £40-70 ish?

Mionix Naos, Logitech g400 or Razer Deathadder Respawn.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Had a look at the mionix but I couldn't find anywhere that I'd trust to buy it from in the UK, also never been a fan of Logitech mice for some reason. Fancy a change from the Deathadder too

Quote Originally Posted by Appled View Post
    Had a look at the mionix but I couldn't find anywhere that I'd trust to buy it from in the UK, also never been a fan of Logitech mice for some reason. Fancy a change from the Deathadder too
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MIONIX-Gamin...9901494&sr=8-2
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MIONIX-Optic...9901494&sr=8-1

Depending on if you want laser or optical.

Here is a review for the laser version http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...nix_naos_5000/ .
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Don't know how I missed them, cheers for the links. Do you have any personal experience with the mouse? Never really heard of them until the other day but it looks good.

Don't know how I missed them, cheers for the links. Do you have any personal experience with the mouse? Never really heard of them until the other day but it looks good.
    I actually bought one just before Christmas but had to return it due to not reaching the front thumb button properly, that made me really sad because except for that it is the most comfortable mouse I've used.
    Was looking around to see if anyone else experienced the same but could only find one other person, everyone else seem to love it.

Deleted
    Fair enough. Only problem is the laser version is green! Would be nice if it was red as the rest of my setup is red but yeah, a minor point I suppose. Still very tempted by the m90, the sensei looks nice but the shiny coating seems like a bit of a fingerprint magnet.

I have owned the Mionix Naos 3200 and it was quite comfortable. The bad thing was that the left mouse button started to double click after about 6 months and the rubber around the thumb buttons started to fade away a bit.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2013-02-03 at 02:50 PM.

Fair enough. Only problem is the laser version is green! Would be nice if it was red as the rest of my setup is red but yeah, a minor point I suppose. Still very tempted by the m90, the sensei looks nice but the shiny coating seems like a bit of a fingerprint magnet.
    You can change the color on the Naos, Sensei has several versions, the Raw version is rubberized.

Deleted
    Even on the naos 5000? I read that you could change it on the 8200 but didn't notice the 5000 having the same feature.

Even on the naos 5000? I read that you could change it on the 8200 but didn't notice the 5000 having the same feature.
    Yes, you can pick any color you want in the software.

Deleted
    My bad, reading the reviews on my phone, missed it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    naos 5200 is a good quality/price at the moment, the naos 8200 replaced it as top mouse of Mionix and the priced dropped

i should get mine within a coupe of days from UK (yet no shop/site in Italy), can't wait to try the ring/pinkie rest from this mouse compared to my Razer Lachesis (which is good, but after a few years is slowly dying)

10+ Year Old Account
    A mouse that sells itself by the number of colours you can get to light up on it is just sad. My Steelseries mouse can do a whopping 16 million colours according to the advertising jargon which is a lie in the first place because the software only allows you to pick colours in a 128x128 grid which is 16384.

Anyway the colour feature something you might play with for about 5 minutes then turn off and never use again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    A mouse that sells itself by the number of colours you can get to light up on it is just sad. My Steelseries mouse can do a whopping 16 million colours according to the advertising jargon which is a lie in the first place because the software only allows you to pick colours in a 128x128 grid which is 16384.

Anyway the colour feature something you might play with for about 5 minutes then turn off and never use again.
    I'm not basing my purchase off the colour of the mouse it would just be an added bonus. It is definitely not a requirement.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post

on the NAOS 8200 you can enter directly the RGB therefore it's 16M colors, but i dubt someone will buy a mouse for the color change feature

anyway i'm currently trying the NAOS 8200, still have to get used but it's definitely a good product (with much, much, much better software compared to Razer where most of features works only on the paper)