Rated BG rating wiped, do you lose the weapon and achievements?

We were looking for another healer for our group and recieved message from a player who told us that he was (legitimately) above 2,2k, but Blizzard wiped his rating. He is now above 1800 again, but looking at his armory, I noticed the fail enchants, gems and choice of trinkets. I really can't believe that this guy made it to the 2,2k on his own and I want to find out if his story is actually true. He still has the T1 weapon and the highest achievement was 1900. Maybe someone knows what happened to those who got their rating wiped. Did they lose the achievements and also the weapon? Any help would be greatly appreciated (some arsenal link maybe?).

Thank you very much!

Why would you want a cheat to join your group anyway? He didn't cheat because he could legitly play at that level..think about that

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 04:46 PM ----------

Blizzard already stated they've restored titles and gear for legit players...if he doesn't have the stuff back he isn't legit
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Why would you want a cheat to join your group anyway? He didn't cheat because he could legitly play at that level..think about that

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 04:46 PM ----------

Blizzard already stated they've restored titles and gear for legit players...if he doesn't have the stuff back he isn't legit
    We don't play with cheater's, that's why I asked. They might restore it in his case (which they plan to do after next reset on wednesday), but we are playing tomorrow already and there will be plenty of time for him to f*ck things up. Some of us are only a few points below 2,2k and we don't want to risk it.

Earlier this week, several player accounts were given short suspensions and had their ratings wiped for being involved in Rated Battleground win-trading. Upon further review, we determined that some of the players initially identified as cheating may not have purposefully participated in the exploitive behavior, and as a result, we're in the process of lifting suspensions and restoring ratings to all but the most egregious offenders. This process should be completed following the Tuesday maintenance.
    They don't mention anything about wiping achievements and taking gear away, so my question still stands.
    Last edited by Cjeska; 2013-02-03 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    They never lost it.