Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Regardless of a 4th spec, i'd like to have the ability to choose more than the 2 specs we are currently allowed. I'd like to see the choice of spec and talents rolled into the equipment manager so that you can create a new spec as easily as you currently save a new equipment profile.

The best candidate for a 4th spec would only be the Monk IMO.
    Since they are the bastard children of druids. Wouldn't be surprised to see a caster dps coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Regardless of a 4th spec, i'd like to have the ability to choose more than the 2 specs we are currently allowed. I'd like to see the choice of spec and talents rolled into the equipment manager so that you can create a new spec as easily as you currently save a new equipment profile.
    GC stated that dual spec will not be alone for much longer about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Druids aren't the only classes in that situation however. Warlocks currently have a pseudo spec in Dark Apotheosis. Shaman are another class that seem to have a pseudo 4th spec.

People also seem to forget that Blizzard completely redid the Druid, Warlock, Priest, and Mage classes along with adding an entirely new class (and a new race). Ironically 4th specs would take less work.
    So many things wrong with this.

First of all, Druids are not at all in the situation like warlocks or shamans. Feral tanks were legitimate tanks intended for PvE contents beyond 5mans. They have tanked raids in BC,Wrath and Cataclysm. They are not a pseudo spec, they've always been actual tanks and at the same time be actual good dps(which is why they needed to be split). They were balanced for the purposes of tanking. Warlocks/shaman tanking abilities are just for off-tanking and not seriously for raid tanking. Warlocks and Shamans have never tanked raids. They were never meant to. What they do have in regards to tanking was for something fun on the side for 5mans or elites, and that's all.

Secondly, Feral was split to balance the already existing tanks/dps. No new roles were created. It was purely a split. Clearly people don't understand this because four spec ideas only came up after MoP and keep wrongfully bringing druid as an example.

And lastly, no. Druids, mages, priests and mages were not completely redone. That is a gross exaggeration. They were changed yes, but all classes get changed a little in each expansion. Druid was just split from feral/guardian, not too much change. I'll give you warlock since that was changed, but they are still fundamentally a dps class. No new specs were created during MoP outside of Monk.

I doubt that. Imo its better to use resources to clreate a new class, then give new spec to the old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    So many things wrong with this.

First of all, Druids are not at all in the situation like warlocks or shamans. Feral tanks were legitimate tanks intended for PvE contents beyond 5mans. They have tanked raids in BC,Wrath and Cataclysm. They are not a pseudo spec, they've always been actual tanks and at the same time be actual good dps(which is why they needed to be split). They were balanced for the purposes of tanking. Warlocks/shaman tanking abilities are just for off-tanking and not seriously for raid tanking. Warlocks and Shamans have never tanked raids. They were never meant to. What they do have in regards to tanking was for something fun on the side for 5mans or elites, and that's all.
    Actually there have been Shaman and Warlocks who have tanked raids. Were they "meant to" by Blizzard? No, but they still did it. My point was that you could make the argument that those classes could also have a 4th spec. Maybe not as strongly as Druids, but the argument exists.

Secondly, Feral was split to balance the already existing tanks/dps. No new roles were created. It was purely a split. Clearly people don't understand this because four spec ideas only came up after MoP and keep wrongfully bringing druid as an example.
    I understand that just fine. People use Druids as an example because it shows that 4th spec can work in-game via the present talent and glyphing system.

And lastly, no. Druids, mages, priests and mages were not completely redone. That is a gross exaggeration. They were changed yes, but all classes get changed a little in each expansion. Druid was just split from feral/guardian, not too much change. I'll give you warlock since that was changed, but they are still fundamentally a dps class. No new specs were created during MoP outside of Monk.
    Actually it isn't a gross exaggeration. Getting completely redone doesn't mean you have new roles. It means that your abilities get moved around, removed and/or new ones are added. Druids, Mages, and Priests (mainly S.priests) play very differently than they did in Cataclysm. Compare a Mage to a Shaman in both Cataclysm and in MoP. The Shaman pretty much plays the same way it did in Cataclysm. You can't say that about the Mage. Its entire DPS system got changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it isn't a gross exaggeration. Getting completely redone doesn't mean you have new roles. It means that your abilities get moved around, removed and/or new ones are added. Druids, Mages, and Priests (mainly S.priests) play very differently than they did in Cataclysm. Compare a Mage to a Shaman in both Cataclysm and in MoP. The Shaman pretty much plays the same way it did in Cataclysm. You can't say that about the Mage. Its entire DPS system got changed.
    Completely and utterly -false-. Mages are still hampered by Vanilla-era baggage in many instances, and of the specs only Frost has a relatively unique identity (albeit one that makes it inherently strong in PvP). The class did not recieve what it needs; a complete overhaul in the manner of warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Completely and utterly -false-. Mages are still hampered by Vanilla-era baggage in many instances, and of the specs only Frost has a relatively unique identity (albeit one that makes it inherently strong in PvP). The class did not recieve what it needs; a complete overhaul in the manner of warlocks.
    Actually it did recieve an overhaul. Clearly not on the level of Warlocks and Druids, but there were still Pretty big changes to the class. So much so that I personally dropped my mage in MoP.

Btw, I never argued that those changes fixed the class' problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    I think it's the billionth topic about the same thing in 2012, and there is probably around a million with the exact same name.

No, there won't be. Period.
    Pandas playable in wow
    Druid 4th spec

Everything is possible, EVERYTHING!!!

and for the main topic, I think that Blizzard already has made some "experiments" with some classes, like warlocks and shamies, maybe their intention is to make all classes hybrids, like most of the modern mmos

I remember that early in the Beta, warlocks with the demon hunter gylph were efficient tanks, but it was debunked and nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Pandas playable in wow
    Druid 4th spec

Everything is possible, EVERYTHING!!!

and for the main topic, I think that Blizzard already has made some "experiments" with some classes, like warlocks and shamies, maybe their intention is to make all classes hybrids, like most of the modern mmos

I remember that early in the Beta, warlocks with the demon hunter gylph were efficient tanks, but it was debunked and nerfed
    That could also explain why Shaman still have abiities like Rockbiter Weapon; A tanking imbue for a class that doesn't tank.

That could also explain why Shaman still have abiities like Rockbiter Weapon; A tanking imbue for a class that doesn't tank.
    Shamans did tank during Classic/Vanilla WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Blizzard separate feral and bear into two specs giving a total of 4 specs to choose from for druids.

Can we expect a 4th spec for other classes in the future?
    Rather than make it 4 Specs, Blizzard should probably cut it down to 2 specs:

Combine Balance and Restoration - with Moonkin form for DPS and Tree form for Healing, like Feral Cat and Bear.

I am sure they can easily do the same for other classes as well - Protection + Retribution, Assassination + Subtlety, Arms + Fury, MM + Survival, Demonology + Destruction etc.

To be honest I do not see the point of making 3 specs it should always have been 2. The gear should define the roll the class is performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    Would cause a blance hell
    IMO i wouldnt expect one, not now maybe when the game lasts some more years
    Actually, the game will never be balanced it is impossible so a 4th spec would be a breath of fresh air and add far more diversity to the game than a new class ever will. There would be so many more new group combinations it would rock.

On a side note. Death Knight 4th spec

Necromancy a ranged caster spec that uses spell plate and can summon up to 3 undead creatures, for each creature after the primary summoned the Necromancer gets a -10% damage debuff to his/her spells and abilities, Spell damage would be based around Nature and Shadow damage. These spells would mostly be medium to hard hitting with medium cast times. Diseases would still be relevant and would be applied by the primary summoned creature and the duration and application would be extended/added by certain spells on cooldowns. Some core spells would remain as staples of the DK class, Icy Touch and Plague Strike would be replaced with core casting abilities that do Shadowfrost and Nature damage. Spirit on plate gear would give some kind of benefit to hit rating similar to other caster like priests.

I could go on but that was a simple explanation of how easily concepts could be done for a s 4th spec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    On a side note. Death Knight 4th spec

Necromancy a ranged caster spec that uses spell plate and can summon up to 3 undead creatures, for each creature after the primary summoned the Necromancer gets a -10% damage debuff to his/her spells and abilities, Spell damage would be based around Nature and Shadow damage. These spells would mostly be medium to hard hitting with medium cast times. Diseases would still be relevant and would be applied by the primary summoned creature and the duration and application would be extended/added by certain spells on cooldowns. Some core spells would remain as staples of the DK class, Icy Touch and Plague Strike would be replaced with core casting abilities that do Shadowfrost and Nature damage. Spirit on plate gear would give some kind of benefit to hit rating similar to other caster like priests.

I could go on but that was a simple explanation of how easily concepts could be done for a s 4th spec
    Ill rather have a healing spec ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Blizzard separate feral and bear into two specs giving a total of 4 specs to choose from for druids.

Can we expect a 4th spec for other classes in the future?
    Some classes could very well carry a 4th spec, warlock tanks, petless hunters, and rogue tanks come to mind. But I think it would be very difficult to justify a 4th spec for every class. Also, as others have already said, it would be a game-balance headache.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

People need to stop going "DRUIDS HAVE 4 SPECS WE SHOULD TOO"

Kitty DPS and Bear Tanking before MoP, Were in one tree. They were not separately designed. It is what made ferals extremely powerful in PvP during Cataclysm. Feral Kittys in PvP near death would go into bear form and gain the bonuses a PvE tanking bear would. They would get more dodge, Savage defense as well as Frenzied Regen, More health and (In some extremely buggy cases) Vengance.

Now that they split up Kitty and Bear? The roles are more clearly defined than before, No matter how many "bearcats" want to deny that simple fact.

Druids are not unique in having 4 specs, Stop using that as a "Fact" because it's not true. Having 2 specs in one tree led to alot of situations that should have just never been. So Blizzard fixed that and clearly defined the rolls.

Kitty/Bear are still under one tree "FERAL"

Feral Guardian = Bear
    Feral Kitty/DPS = Kitty
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-02-06 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    People need to stop going "DRUIDS HAVE 4 SPECS WE SHOULD TOO"

Kitty DPS and Bear Tanking before MoP, Were in one tree. They were not separately designed. It is what made ferals extremely powerful in PvP during Cataclysm. Feral Kittys in PvP near death would go into bear form and gain the bonuses a PvE tanking bear would. They would get more dodge, Savage defense as well as Frenzied Regen, More health and (In some extremely buggy cases) Vengance.

Now that they split up Kitty and Bear? The roles are more clearly defined than before, No matter how many "bearcats" want to deny that simple fact.

Druids are not unique in having 4 specs, Stop using that as a "Fact" because it's not true. Having 2 specs in one tree led to alot of situations that should have just never been. So Blizzard fixed that and clearly defined the rolls.

Kitty/Bear are still under one tree "FERAL"

Feral Guardian = Bear
    Feral Kitty/DPS = Kitty
    I'm sure most people understand that. The reason why Druids are brought up is because it shows that 4th spec works in the current system. You can support a 4th spec with the same number of talents, glyphs, armor, etc. as if the class had 3 specs. That is why Druids are constantly brought up as an example of how it can work.

Also (as mentioned before) some classes have natural 4th specs. Shaman tanking for example, or Monks with the Red Crane, or Warlocks with Dark Apotheosis.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very unlikely considering most classes have no need or lore for a 4th spec.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Very unlikely considering most classes have no need or lore for a 4th spec.
    With the removal of the WOLK talent system and being able to do hybrid specs they removed a lot of choice and fun from the game that used to be there for a large amount of players. Every single class can have a 4th spec that fits so don't give me that bs.

Warrior: Blademaster (2h tank spec with active mitigation)
    Death Knight: Necromancy (spell damage)
    Druid: Guadian (tank, done already)
    Shaman: Earth Warden (tank spec)
    Hunter: Pathfinder (healing spec, uses pet to assist players and tanks)
    Priest: Prophet (holy damage caster)
    Warlock: Dark Apotheosis (tank spec using a new demon designed specifically for the task)
    Mage: Wizardry (healing spec using all 3 elements)
    Monk: Spirit Bender (stance of the red crane, spell damage)
    Paladin: Zealotry (ranged plate caster)
    Rogue: Deception (tanking spec, uses special abilities and poisons to make hallucinations that get attacked instead of the rogue, and high dodge and parry)

PS if you noticed this also removes the so called "hybrid tax" issue
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2013-02-07 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the game could benefit heavily from a 4th spec. I largely agree that every class should hybridized.