Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I don't miss rogues - mained a lock from vanilla to Wrath.

They always having the first move, their BS "can't be stopped" ability known as CloS, the vanishing when they are about to lose ... etc.

Miss them? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    get rooted and shit on by a zoo, etc
    Hunters are pretty faceroll now IMHO. Silencing Shot -> DPS -> Scatter Shot -> DPS -> Deterrence -> Pet chews you to death = skill now it appears.

You can't stop their range attacks too, because interrupts and silences don't affect them - but they can do it to you. The only way to stop them from shooting is disarm ... but they are a range class with tons of kitting tools and there are no range disarms in the game.

Deleted
    and there are no range disarms in the game.
    Monk has a ranged disarm;

---------------------------------

Grapple Weapon
    40 yd range

Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Monk
    Requires level 68
    Requires Serpent Stance, Ox Stance, Tiger Stance
    You fire off a rope spear, grappling the target's weapons and shield, returning them to you for 8 sec.

If you steal a better main-hand weapon, your damage or healing will be increased by 5% or damage taken reduced by 5%.

-------------------------------------

to be honest i dont find hunters too bad, there damage is high for doing very little which is frustraiting, very frustraiting however as a monk i can leg sweep all the pets, roll, toll, teleport and carry on running and ofcourse i can insert my ranged disarm. naturally if this is happening to someone else i will roll in, leg sweep, disarm hunter and roll to him for a follow-up paralysis.

on my mage i will dragons breath the pets while having my dots tick away on the hunter and port round a corner then nova the pets, i also use the IB glyph so i have a nova after my IB which really helps both offensively and defensively. granted i play as Fire i hate frost.

my point is you can counter the hunters stuff at least with those two classes with CD's up, just a note you can pop Chi Wave on the pets too while using fire blossom to root the hunter...lots of options.

DIsclaimer: i'm not saying i always win just highlighting stuff in my opinion in those two cricumstances.

on topic:

yeh i miss rogues in BG's i miss the ''threat'' of being jumped on and likewise, trying to keep an eye on them and where they stealth (to knock them out) however in randoms i see enough to keep me on my toes, in RBGs when i use them for cap cant remember the last i saw one.

Im kicking so much ass with rogue on PTR and haven't played rogue in years(and only low-level). We might see more rogues next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Rogues and Warriors must be the most fotm classes the game has ever known. Cata season and you see zillions of rogue rerollers. Next season zillions of warrior rerollers.

I just wish the game was designed in a way that wouldn't be class > all but player > all.
    Yup i agree 100% its honestly pathetic that kids need to reroll every season just because a class is OP. and anyone who does this is obviously a bad player. Rogues take more skill than a warrior tho so it will be funny to see all the rerollers trying to come up with a 1 shot macro

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Hahahahahaahaha. That coming from a Rogue. Feel bad doesnt it? Karma
    luuuuul, yep dey feel da pain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    They're getting it, son, they're getting it. I still see a decent amount of rogues in bgs, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Don't worry just sit tight and I predict you will see a lot of rogues next season, looking into my crystal ball I predict good things for our dagger wielding Brothers and Sisters in season 13 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    We might see more rogues next patch.
    One important factor ur all missing... how many people r still playing Rogue?

Rogue has fallen to the lowest played class at about 2-3% from around 7% at the end of Cataclysm. All this bullcrap about how there were a bazillion rerollers should be ignored. Truth is that Rogue remained the lowest played class throughout the whole of Cataclysm. Shamans gained the most players from cataclysm and gained a few % in their playerbase cos restoshammys were OP as hell and were in just about every arena comp u ever saw.

The facts and the stats show that there are not many Rogues left playing the class so i dont expect many more to be seen in BGs at 5.2, although i do expect them to be OP (going from what Reckful thinks). However u will see more get over 2.2k in Arena... only 2 Rogues in the whole of EU right now.

Yep they sucked balls so bad they lost around half of their player base since MoP launch.
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2013-02-04 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Its kinda few of them right now =(

All this bullcrap about how there were a bazillion rerollers should be ignored. Truth is that Rogue remained the lowest played class throughout the whole of Cataclysm
    Proof? Source? My personal experience begs to differ. The popularity of rogues at the last season of Cataclysm was insane. The memories I would lose against a rogue in arena, to armory him afterwards and find he is several item levels below my gear, are so fond, but that's a whole other story. The main reason those rogues were lesser geared is because they were (late) rerollers.

EDIT: I also happen to remember a stat from Cataclysmic season (mainly because i was crying daily to nerf them): 70% of teams above 2.4k consisted of a rogue. I think it was RMP, RLS and one more combo i am forgetting.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2013-02-05 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Proof? Source? My personal experience begs to differ. The popularity of rogues at the last season of Cataclysm was insane. The memories I would lose against a rogue in arena, to armory him afterwards and find he is several item levels below my gear, are so fond, but that's a whole other story. The main reason those rogues were lesser geared is because they were (late) rerollers.

EDIT: I also happen to remember a stat from Cataclysmic season (mainly because i was crying daily to nerf them): 70% of teams above 2.4k consisted of a rogue. I think it was RMP, RLS and one more combo i am forgetting.
    I'm not going to search it for you if you care gc has tweeted on this before stating that rogue pop has stayed low even during the op times.

I always said Rogues are the bitch class. They sneak up on you (like a bitch), they stunlock you to 50% health, then run away (like a bitch) when i plant my sword up his ass.
    ---
    I, for one, do not miss rogues in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    I enjoyed killing people in 60-70 bg's in wrath and cata, but my rogue is still at like 81 or something.
    People who "enjoyed" rogues in low level bgs before MoP are the definition of griefers. The class was basically just a two button hero that would wrack up kills on one shots.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I'm not going to search it for you if you care gc has tweeted on this before stating that rogue pop has stayed low even during the op times.
    This GC quote has always referred to overall rep and never rep at a certain level of play. Rogues were undeniably over represented in high end rbgs and arenas to the craziest amount of any class ever at the end of cataclysm.

Locks also have had consistently low representation and always compete with rogues for that spot. This is despite the class never actually being weak for any season of pvp ever just like mages. The reasons aren't because these classes are weak, the reasons are that people just flat out prefer playing other classes.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    Yup i agree 100% its honestly pathetic that kids need to reroll every season just because a class is OP. and anyone who does this is obviously a bad player. Rogues take more skill than a warrior tho so it will be funny to see all the rerollers trying to come up with a 1 shot macro
    If you think a warrior one shot macro is bad wait until you die in the opener against a rogue. And remember that rogues can now reopen a total of 4 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Have you ever heard the saying becareful what you wish for? Come 5.2 rogues will be FOtM and globaling people in smoke bombs again

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

This GC quote has always referred to overall rep and never rep at a certain level of play. Rogues were undeniably over represented in high end rbgs and arenas to the craziest amount of any class ever at the end of cataclysm.
    His quote never has to do with any amount of rep at something is was about overall rogue population has still stayed low even when they were really good in pve or pvp.

I see everyone saying that rogues will be "soooo OP" and fotm in 5.2, but the only direct damage buff I could find in the PTR notes was 4% increased dmg from SV. I can't see how 4% increased damage will make them notably different than the free hk they are now on live... What did I miss!?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Chess my friend.

If this game were perfectly balanced, then it would just be chess.
    +3 interwebz to you good sir.

On topic: I still play my 70 rogue from time to time. However, I feel bad for all the lowbie rogues without sstep
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I was concerned about the variety, flavour and emotions of Bgs. Rogues added something, a bad guy, a sneaky backstabber. Now we have Plate wearing dps machines with more ccs than rogues, ranged attacks, warrior, dk or retri - not much difference. Casters - locks, mages, drus, hunters, sps. Rogues were unique in their play style and annoyance.

I think Bgs are poorer places for not worrying about rogues sneaking about, the faster heart rate of the stealth sound - the shout or 'rogue about'. Bgs are quite a bit more certain, see it charge it, dg it - pah boring.

Rogues were never top dps they were top annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    no i usually hit them fine...unless they pop evasion or cloak of shadows....but i just wait then i hit them agian

Deleted
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH miss rogues?!
    good one,nobody likes overpowered classes,but when they can engage you out of nowhere and disappear when the tide is turning then hell no I wouldnt care if there were less then 1% of rogues remaining...
    they're genius tard design by blizzard,base the dps of a class on the need to be invisible to other players,derp.
    maybe if they make a new class they should build it around an ability to one-shot people.

and i'm not hating,i have a rogue myself,and 9 other classes,so i dont see why pvp on the other classes should be retarded so 1 class can feel ''fun''.

I'm doing bgs all day long with my rogue and I have fun! (well, depends on the particular bg and people on my team..).

I've done 10m bgs with as much as 5 rogues, but you will always see more warriors than rogues in bgs, but even in cata I didn't see that many rogues. Except that time in a low lvl wsg where alliance had 8 rogues. lolwtf.

Life in bgs certainly improves with gear, and I don't usually face problems except for warriors/hunters/mages/uh dks (fire being the worst spec for me). I do hate hunters the most, with their concussive shots, flares, dot(s), bleeds, root, traps, disorient, deterrence and depending on cd ready, 1 to 4 pets ready to introduce you to the world of anal, but it's always nice to dismantle them for 8 secs. Healers too can be problematic; monks being the worst with their dematerialize and escapes.

But ofc, I can mention some of the moments I thought "the fuck am I doing with my life?". I play assa, and occasionally, I get dispatch crits with vendetta on my target, which makes me go all "holy shit, 50k crit?!", whereas I take 110k pyroblasts and 130k oblierates to the face (6,6k resi), and when I get kited to death by uh dks, which... isn't so fun :| But apart from those times, I am enjoying myself.

Low lvl bgs on the other hand... Most aids inducing experience ever. Honestly, if you want to greif people in the lower brackets (talking from today's perspective of 15-19) roll resto druid. Unkillable, instant heals, travel form, go cat form and do decent damage. Rogues suffer heavily from no movement speed increase/gap closer (sprint at 26/shadowstep at 60), and while one-shotting people with less than 800hp is so much fun, save yourself the time/frustration/death wishes and leave wsg when the enemy team consists of mostly resto druids and hunters.

And for people complaining about rogues escaping with vanish... Really, you need to get out there more if you think rogues are the only ones escaping. Fought a warrior and got him low, then he fears you while heroic leaping away after which he's free to mount up (and to add insult to injury, charges back (3 sec stun with warbringer), shockwave then executes you)? Druids doing their shit, either entangling roots or displacer beast, bla bla, I can on. While yes, vanish allows for a fight reset, do not for one second think all the other classes are brave heroes dying honorably while rogues are the filthy bastards who can't face death and the retarded spirit resser [spend 3 secs at gy before you get time remaining for ress: 28 secs]. CD on vanish: 2 min, CD on warrior's fear: 1min and heroic leap: 45 sec. Put a bleed on the rogue, let him vanish then look around you. True, he could be 60 yards away but maybe he's not gotten that far and if he hasnt, go get him. Or maybe it bugs so you can still see him - that's always fun, but not for the rogue.

I will continue to play my rogue at 90 though! Fun, fun, fun! Usually, at least, for my mood and love towards the game and life itself vary depending on the bg. Alliance premade: fuck this shit, 3 warriors on the alliance team whom all seem to want me and just me dead: I hate my life. CTF bg where alliance has 3 healers and 1 tank wheras we have maybe 1-2 shitty healers if we're lucky: why the hell do I bother, and in other bgs I'm having a blast (went 16-1, 2nd on damage done in a BFG not too many days ago while solo queuing).
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2013-02-06 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    I'd rather see something before it hits me tbh. It was possible to hit rogues in stealth but nowadays that seems impossible.

I guess I don't mind if rogues were either CC or damage focused with good defense cooldowns, not both. In worst case scenario aka playing elemental shaman = 5 second silence into 8 second stun into another 5 second stun into a gouge into a 2.5 second silence into a 2.5 second stun into a 6 second stun all while doing good damage...meh.

I think rogues need buffs but not preparation baseline AND low defense/escape cooldowns in addition to a teleport spell in addition to a ranged stealth teleport into addition to shuriken ranged auto attacks.....time will tell but it looks bleak for casters or hunters.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2013-02-06 at 04:55 AM.