Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, question is, would I miss being able to finetune my gear (even if I don't always do this) in order to min/max for the correct stat weights? Guess.

There's already too much removed from the game, if all personal touches are to be removed we're headed straight for an arcade game, not a rpg =/

If the gear avaiable was upgraded in order to compensate gem / enchants, both professions would not be missed AT ALL.

I wouldn't mind seeing enchanting go the way of giving vanity effects to items.

Like, "Enchant Shoulders - Fiery Glow" and such.

Then jewelcrafting introduce necklaces and rings that actually appear on your character. (That you transmog over your equipped gear)

Then give Jewelcrafters an Enchant Necklace ability, Blacksmiths could have an enchant belt ability, and enchanters keep enchant rings.

Keep enchants, but make them tied to professions, so that they're cheap and easy to re-apply

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't miss it really... makes life and gearing in WOW a lot easier, efficient and less costly...
    It's not that interesting anyway, for enchants and gems it go for the default where possible...
    Caster go for Intellect enchant where available, if not they go for their secondary important stat.... no challenge and no fun really.

Would be more interesting if enchants would behave as procs... making it more random and thus interesting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Then jewelcrafting introduce necklaces and rings that actually appear on your character. (That you transmog over your equipped gear)

Then give Jewelcrafters an Enchant Necklace ability, Blacksmiths could have an enchant belt ability, and enchanters keep enchant rings.

Keep enchants, but make them tied to professions, so that they're cheap and easy to re-apply

Not a bad idea. I was ever to disappointed back in TBC when my gems did not alter the appearance of my gear. I woudl love for my shoulders for isntance to show the gems as they are added!

But I'd suggest that Bliz limit the upgrades per slot. So instead of gemming + enchant + reforge, you can do one of them on different pieces.

Weapon : enchant
    Chest : reforge
    head : gem
    Shoulders : Enchant
    Hands : Gem
    Bracers ; reforge
    legs : Leatherwork/tailor
    Boots : enchant
    Belt : gem

And make professions more interesting like engineering. Where you get nice but quirky options.
    This whole just add stats is boring, I like engineering boot speed increases, parachutes and of course the gizmos like goblin gliders and mounts. Make more of them to make professions interesting and not just have bonuses like "add X int to cloak" or "new type of gem giving X extra stats"...

I would miss enchanting / gemming / reforge because it gives a way to replace gear and still reach certain gaps. Esp reforge is a godsend even so people complain about it.
    Remember those times when you got an upgrade but had to wait until you got another upgrade because else you would lack a certain cap?
    Ya i do. I dont want that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I would miss enchanting / gemming / reforge because it gives a way to replace gear and still reach certain gaps. Esp reforge is a godsend even so people complain about it.
    Remember those times when you got an upgrade but had to wait until you got another upgrade because else you would lack a certain cap?
    Ya i do. I dont want that back.
    Totally agree +1

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    gems and enchants are the exciting part of getting new gear upgrades. reforging on the other hand.. is not. i get that there are math whizzes out there that prolly love this aspect. i hate it myself. ive never been in a world first top ten guild, but i also fail to see where doing 300 dps less because of a reforge item makes a difference. i mean if a group fails on a boss by .1% there was more wrong in the group attempt then my missing 300 dps. honestly i think reforging allows blizzard to be lazy and not prioritize gear stats for each class. see also spirit gear and casters.
    If group wipes at .1% the only thing missing is that 300 dps. You haven't progressed heroics undergeared, didnt you? Like Gara'jal with average in raid 463 ilvl. On topic, those two have no reasons to be removed and no reasons to be kept, however, deleting things from the game makes holes which you should fill. If not, game slowly fades away. Racials are exception, they bring nothing to the table except pissing people off.

I would miss it. My gear wouldn't feel complete without being fully gemmed and enchanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to think of it, a lot of the professions could be consolidated after trimming away the fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    2) The current state of the professions is TOTAL CRAP.

I would rather have the professions made interesting than being removed. It's easy to remove, it's much harder to make it fun
    The profs were the only thing that I was disappointed with in MoP.
    So utterly unrewarding and uninteresting...

Remove, racials, remove proffesions.... maybe let's remove gear as well. Let's make only skill matter and all stats will be determined by class & level. Seems that GC wants Wow to evolve into arcade game which is not to my liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Remove, racials, remove proffesions.... maybe let's remove gear as well. Let's make only skill matter and all stats will be determined by class & level. Seems that GC wants Wow to evolve into arcade game which is not to my liking.
    In PvP, that ideally should be the case given that the progression model only results in gear gaps that lock newer players out of the content.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't really have much choice with which enchant to use.

I hate how the player base is so dumb these days and complain about anything.

I want more options, I love gemming, reforging and enchanting my gear. Gemming and reforging is really the only way to see first hand if a player understands their class.

To say it is overwhelming is laughable, as it is very very simple and if you still don't get it, google it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In PvP, that ideally should be the case given that the progression model only results in gear gaps that lock newer players out of the content.
    Item spiral in general is dumb in PvP. PvP should be about skill not time invested. GW2s "auto max gear in BGs" is quite an interesting concept.

PvE is a different matter and needs a gear progression system or motivation falls to zero as soon as the raid is cleared. See Guild Wars 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

and tailor / lw makes them fiiine fur coats to accesories the bling? Oh, and bs can make plateau boots
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Well, it's too late for WoW, but it's an interesting point.

Having to make modifications to items reduces the excitement somewhat when you get them. It's one of the reasons that adding sockets to items and enchanting were taken out of Diablo 3 before release.

But if you chop out gear upgrades, can you then chop out gear entirely? It's not like it really adds anything to the gameplay. It's the motivating factor behind most game activities, but it doesn't really add anything once you have it. Sure, the numbers will be slightly bigger, but that's it. A new item doesn't make your rotation more fun. Gear is something a lot of games add in to give the player something to do, but it's a gimmick to extend the same couple of hours of gameplay over several weeks. In WoW's case, years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Well, it's too late for WoW, but it's an interesting point.

Having to make modifications to items reduces the excitement somewhat when you get them. It's one of the reasons that adding sockets to items and enchanting were taken out of Diablo 3 before release.

But if you chop out gear upgrades, can you then chop out gear entirely? It's not like it really adds anything to the gameplay. It's the motivating factor behind most game activities, but it doesn't really add anything once you have it. Sure, the numbers will be slightly bigger, but that's it. A new item doesn't make your rotation more fun. Gear is something a lot of games add in to give the player something to do, but it's a gimmick to extend the same couple of hours of gameplay over several weeks. In WoW's case, years.
    No, you can't. Enchanting and Gemming are for the most part silly maintenance things, gear progression is important in PvE as it both rewards time invested as well as making content easier the more you do it.

Deleted
    I'd like it removed, solely because of the massive amount of costs that goes into epic gems/weapon enchants. I want to do what I enjoy to do, not grind gold to be able to enchant/gear my gear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Item spiral in general is dumb in PvP. PvP should be about skill not time invested. GW2s "auto max gear in BGs" is quite an interesting concept.

PvE is a different matter and needs a gear progression system or motivation falls to zero as soon as the raid is cleared. See Guild Wars 2.
    Indeed, it would be an interesting concept; auto-max gear, and then making the gladiator sets equivalent to the Challenge Mode sets - vanity upgrades based on milestones achieved.