Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    "Remove them because there is no choice" - I hate this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    The biggest problem with enchanting is that there AREN'T any options, so it's not a choice; it's just a needless expense. It makes you stronger, but so what? Might as well bake those stats into the piece that's getting enchanted.

Also, Alchemists don't just get longer duration, they get extra stats. A strength/agility/spirit flask gives 1320 stat to an alchemist instead of 1000.
    I see what you mean about the enchanting. Yeah, that is true. And I didnt know they changed the duration on Alch to increase the stat. Interesting

I wouldn't but that would be a serious blow to the AH people to loose those 2 professions. I think those are the professions that have the most resale value on all their items and some of the only professions that can actually sell stuff at any point during an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id get over it real fast. I hate getting a new piece of gear and having to sim and than regem everything. Not as critical now that i am tanking but last expack as a dps i wanted to squeeze everything i could out of it.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would. Proper gemming and enchanting helps separate the bads from the best, and also allows a variety of stats as needed.

What I would kind of like to see is to have specific item slots dedicated to either enchanting or jewelcrafting, but not both. i.e. gloves can be enchanted but never have baseline gem slots, chests have gem slots but can never be enchanted, etc. This would open up the ability for Blizzard to make gems more interesting than just a lot of +X stats and make the process of getting a specific piece of gear ready for use less painful for the end-user, without crippling or removing either profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    no..i would miss the weapons enchants because they make my weapons sparkle with a pretty little colorful glow :*( (try saying that to any of your male friends without being punched :S )

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the whole thing rather as a rhetoric theoretical point..
    The key wording lies in this part:
    Ignoring the damage it might do to professions,
    That makes one thing clear.. Blizzard knows that this would have a damaging impact on the professions, and it would certainly piss a plethora of people off, that were busting their asses for said professions.
    I could see people quit the game over such move. Especially JC's have had a very hard time ever since to get all the cuts needed. The countless dailies to be done, the tons of gold or mats farming to get the gems to cut..
    Enchanting a similar topic. Players from Vanilla til now had to bust their asses to get the enchants that mattered. The most important ones were always gated behind some content, from rep to raid.
    And I am sure that Blizzard knows very well that touching these things could cause a storm.
    And hey.. They have a neat side effect. Both JC/Enchanting show whether a person has either clue and will to customize their toons properly.
    Wrong Enchants and Gems are a clear sign with what you are dealing with...

I don't care for neither, I got so much gold that the costs are not worth thinking about, but enchanting/gemming does not improve my gaming experience in any way. I used to find it fun, I don't anymore.

I say make purple/orange/green sockets instead of letting them go into 2 different color ones...so we can see more gems being used lol

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    "Remove them because there is no choice" - I hate this statement.
    Except it's true. Everyone of the same class is pretty much gemmed and enchanted exactly the same. Just another failure in the long list of failures in this game. No diversity options whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is about as much 'customization' with enchantments as there was with the old talent trees. You either take the correct enchantments or are immediately identified as mentally deficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If by customization you mean, doing what is optimal otherwise you're doing it wrong, then yeah I agree they do offer quite a bit of customization.
    These 2 had the same reaction I did.

But I could go either way. Not sure what i would do with my JC and enchanter
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I see the whole thing rather as a rhetoric theoretical point..
    The key wording lies in this part: That makes one thing clear.. Blizzard knows that this would have a damaging impact on the professions, and it would certainly piss a plethora of people off, that were busting their asses for said professions.
    I could see people quit the game over such move. Especially JC's have had a very hard time ever since to get all the cuts needed. The countless dailies to be done, the tons of gold or mats farming to get the gems to cut..
    Enchanting a similar topic. Players from Vanilla til now had to bust their asses to get the enchants that mattered. The most important ones were always gated behind some content, from rep to raid.
    And I am sure that Blizzard knows very well that touching these things could cause a storm.
    And hey.. They have a neat side effect. Both JC/Enchanting show whether a person has either clue and will to customize their toons properly.
    Wrong Enchants and Gems are a clear sign with what you are dealing with...
    Although gems don't go for shit on the AH anymore it seems, its not a very good way to make money.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    i wouldnt miss it, its just something i do for some more dps.

i dnt see it as a bonus nor a liability, i use it and thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make gems and enchants do noncombat benefits. Add more variety to weapon enchants, let gems go toward adding cosmetic effects. There could still be reason to keep both in game, without them having a negative effect on gear. Gems could add color glow effects to pieces, with JC having the ability to proc interesting colors when creating the gem, so say red blue are common, but a black glow (oxymoron) or a pink glow are procs and can be sold for big bucks. I remember how much some of the rarer dyes sold for in GW1 back in the day, so there are definitely people who would be interested in it.

The combat bonus for each profession could come as a passive or the ability to make BOP rings/necks.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind gemming and enchanting but I'd hardly miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by FleckerMan View Post
    Correct? Personal? Which is it?
    Both, of course. While theorycrafting may indicate a given stat priority on your typical standstill encounter (or typical mobile encounter), playstyle, encounter design and personal preference may skew the priorities. Do you go for next haste cap or stick at crit? Do you go all stamina or for avoidance? Do you prioritize regen or throughput?

There's no discrepancy between the term correct and the term personal, it boils down to how you personally decide to solve the task at hand, and in that objective, there are many ways to the goal.

The gems are not very interesting. You either use the right ones, or you're not even helping yourself out.

I'd rather they include some proc based stuff that was maybe akin to the talents, weird utility stuff. Boot gem slot that has a chance to do some weird movement effect, glove enchants that give you an attack ability, w/e.

Would I miss it? No. Gems/enchants take up 5 minutes of my time when I go to the AH. After that, they're just throwaway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would. I like the little extra customization. I especially like it when I get gear that doesn't have optimal stats on it- can gem and enchant to help make up for it until I get better pieces.

I can see how it's really annoying and expensive for some, I guess I'm just so used to it.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)