Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgunner View Post
    Ive been off WOW for over a year now but I still have urges to go back and they dont seem to be going away.

Ive bought every games console and have been playing most games but still cant kick the habit!

Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?
    So play it? I don't think the world will come to an end if you spend a little time in Wow again.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    if you still got the urge and you are playing other games anyway why stop playing. i dont get it.
    I have a feeling the OP wants to look cool so he quit Wow to fit in. Rather pathetic really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Don't think there are any soloution. One cant quit MMO's like wow, if you don't replace it with something else.

Also, if you can still enjoy a game, why quit it?
    ^this. depending on how long you played, if you simply try to quit without finding something else to fill that time you are gonna always get the urge to come back. my advice would be to find some kind of hobby, go out with friends, really anything to keep you busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    You could always try cocaine
    Reminds me of a Norm Macdonald stand-up joke where his father catches him smoking cigarettes behind the garage... so he makes him take heroin as punishment.

"And that's when I became addicted to heroin."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why stop then? keep playing if you want to..

Get a Guitar or a Drum Kit.

Find a hobby that takes you away from the computer.

"I totally had to quit wow was getting way too addicted"
    ::Blows tons of money on every console and other games.::

I think you should come to grips with the fact that gaming is your hobby and WoW might be your favorite game. No shame in it. All things in moderation though. Exert a little self control and log off every 4 hours or so.

Ive been off WOW for over a year now but I still have urges to go back and they dont seem to be going away.

Ive bought every games console and have been playing most games but still cant kick the habit!

Truthfully it sound like you need help. They way you talk about your gaming habits like it's an addiction.

I've played WOW for a number of years and quit during cataclysm and not once have I wanted to come back. Just reading blue posts sees to that but what you describe sounds like something that needs to be treated vs just wanting to play a game.

Deleted
    It's a bit of a bump but applicable to me.

I recently swapped servers to raid more hardcore, until this guild I now joined is seemingly splitting. I had been losing my incentive to play due to how I started disliking my own class (Shaman) and the time investment necessary to raid (4-5 evenings, 5 hours of raiding). While I'm not too terribly busy, I'm finishing my final semester at uni and would like to prepare myself for the working life.
    I've played this game for 8 straight years, no pause or break. My grades never suffered (on the contrary, I know how to prioritize and strangely I think WoW has helped me focus on things) and my social life is ok, not spectacular (no wonder when only friday and saturday are off).

I suppose I still like the game, I still like the thrill of a heroic boss kill. This time I'll probably quit and try going to the gym more, reading books more often and actually get started on my Steam list that keeps on growing and growing every summer/winter/easter sale. I might pick up competitive swimming or karate again, I might start going to concerts again, I might try my hand at a new hobby.

Or I'll end up surfing these boards and wonder why I quit in the first place. It's a strange thing, this game. No previous MMO ever had this pull on me. I have no regrets though, WoW has provided me with a truckload of consistent fun and enjoyment for 8 straight years.

One thing I do know is that I'm staying away from MMOs. Not because I'd get hooked again, but because not a single one of them is as good as WoW right now. Whichever one I'd end up playing would make me thing of how WoW did X or Y so much better, and then I'll start thinking "If I have time to play this subpar MMO, why not get back to WoW?".
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-02-20 at 12:30 PM.

If you truly don't want to go back to the game and think your life is for the better without it -- then treat it like a bat-turd crazy ex-girlfriend: that is, you'd miss her even if she burned all your personal belongings on the front lawn and smashed a wine glass over your head in a restaurant. That's just your brain treating her like a chemical dependency.

The game is the same way. Write down a list of reasons why you think you're happier without playing the game. Fill your time with a new hobby that isn't a video game so you can't inevitably compare it to WoW. Good luck.

why want to replace a video game by another video game ?
    You won't quit WoW just like that, replacing a video game by another video game

Go to the gym instead, get fit, get a girl, Now Your Mindsetings will change! : ) Gl HF! woop wooop

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Nothing will kill your desire to play WoW more than resubscribing for a month and actually exposing yourself to the terrible gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    Nothing will kill your desire to play WoW more than resubscribing for a month and actually exposing yourself to the terrible gameplay.
    I don't think leveling through Outland will kill the desire. While it's terrible gameplay he can get past it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I had the same thing happen to me, I quit a few times after getting burnt out. Recently I started playing casually, maybe 2-3 hours a night, some nights not at all. I find this casual approach really makes me enjoy the limited time I do spend playing a lot more, it feels like an adventure again and not a job.

Deleted
    Do not try to play other games like WoW, for example swtor or gw2. Because of those games I started playing with mop again, and that was not intended, but I saw, that I want to play games like this, but need a game, that is good, and WoW ist the god compared to these.

Maybe try single player Roleplay Adventures

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

before i found out/got introduced to WoW i used to play Xbox live (rainbow6, moto GP n stuff).. when i then started playing wow (back in 2008) i stopped playing my Xbox completely..
    3-4 years later and after the cack that was DS i quit wow, came back after a few weeks, quit again etc, bought new games for me Xbox but couldnt get into it like before, went back to wow cos the urge was there. played for a while, levelled my 2 toons to 90 and did a few raids etc etc and have now quit again because i really dont like MoP at all. but i still get the urge to play wow simply because i love wow and the lore etc etc and do occasionally log on to have a look etc but havent done anything in game since last october (12)..

but yea it seems hard to forget/stop playing wow because its such an awesome gaming experience (even if i dont like certain things atm) and after so long playing 1 game i do find it hard to get into the games i used to love before wow invaded my life ;p

i do has other activities i do tho as some of you have said. i have an off road suzuki jeep which is fekkin crazy fun in the welsh mountains where i lives bryn.. i go to rugby matches, i work as a self employed stonemason...

BUT its when its like 9pm and theres fekk all on TV that games become unavoidalbe for me/some
    Last edited by invader; 2013-02-20 at 01:47 PM.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Deleted
    Wanting to go back doing the fun old things well i can relate to that.

But you have to remember why you quit WoW in the first place.
    You say you quit because it wasn't like vanilla and BC.
    Unfortunatly those days are gone. WoW has evolved some would say for the better some would say for the worse.

What you have to accept will probably be that the good old days are gone and they are not coming back. Then you can say to yourself it was fun times, but i accept that those days are over. After you have accepted that. And come to terms that the vanilla/bc game is gone. And they won't be coming back. You can either say it is fine I can live with it and find other things to do with my precious little time on earth or say ok I accept them but i would like to see if the new version of WoW is something that might be interresting, and after trying it out you either say yes it is fun or you say ok i tried it but it isn't the game i loved back then anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should try Gw2. It really helped me to have fun in a game after i quitted WoW.

Or maybe planetside 2.

I still have problem having fun in console games tho.

I dont see why people would quit the game just to quit it, if you still enjoy it then keep playing. I dont even play the game to "play the game" as much anymore. I just know that if I would quit the game completly it would be really hard to keep in touch with all the people I've met online.

Let me put it this way, IF WoW was a single player game, I would have quit many many years ago. Only thing that keeps me going is the social aspect of the game and all the friends I've gotten while playing it. Just recently last year I went to Dreamhack sweden with 2 guys, 1 from Sweden and 1 from England, and at dreamhack I met up with another guy from Denmark. All of those people I've met through WoW.