[Movies] Wonderful Animated Short by Disney. Paperman.

Hai, I dunno if anyone else has posted this, but I just saw it today and was smitten by how wonderful this little short is.

Wonderful animation that mixes hand-drawn animation and CGI for a truly GORGEOUS effect. I'm slowly regaining my faith in Disney. First Tangled and "Princess and the Frog" and now this. They're getting their magic back =D

Even though its just 6 min long, in Black & White (the only color in the whole thing is the lipstick on the girl) and mute, this is a wonderful, magical story.

Enjoy =D

Also, some fellows did a Song that manages to capture the feel of this short. Its rap, but if you don't like rap, just fast-forward to the 3min mark and listen to the last verse which is pop. I swear, wonderful Lyrics, to a fantastic Short.

If this is a sneak-peak of the future Disney has in store, maybe I should get my hopes up for them once more, and dare to believe they can regain the magic they had when I was a child.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

wow that was actually really good.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

10+ Year Old Account
    I just Disney'd all over my keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good short film, and Disney is good at their short films. I guarantee you it will get entered at Annecy. Tangled was good, Princess and the Frog was a complete abomination. I'll never forgive Lasseter for that mess. It was absolutely fucking terrible.

My reasons for PatF being terrible are the following:
    The music was awful, Lasseter made a huge misstep hiring Randy Newman and passing over the composers who did the memorable music from the Disney Renaissance.
    The songs were not only lackluster, but poorly planned. The Prince barely sang in one song and the rest were handed off to characters whose subsequent songs were trite and boring. Not a "Tale as Old as Time", "Reflection", "God Help the Outcasts", or "Part of Your World" to be found.
    The only interesting character was a supporting character (Charlotte).
    There was almost no real character development. When you watch the films from the DR, there is growth in every single character. It makes them relatable. The Prince's background was nonexistant, you get one cameo of his parents at the end. He's virtually a non-character because there was more background given about a firefly than him.
    The storyline was rushed, they could have cut out a great deal of the stuff shoved inbetween to create a flowing and cohesive storyline. They didn't need the firefly and the alligator song, and the only chance to slow down was when they were preparing a meal - and that was just a series of polite conversation and light flirting.
    There was no huge conflict, there was nothing emotional or pulling about the story. There was no Beast changing his heart to spare Gaston, there was no abandonment after being discovered as a woman in the Chinese army. The worst thing that happened was a supporting character dying and a voodoo man chasing them.

There were a LOT of problems with the film, problems that Lasseter should have known better about but actively supported. The only redeeming quality was that the animation was nice and Charlotte was the only properly rounded out character.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-04 at 12:38 AM.

I have to admit; that was utterly fantastic! Thank you for making my day better!

Well Uennie, in the words of the wise Jimminy Cricket:

CLICKY

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I liked it. But I can't help but think that if the woman would of stayed to say goodbye instead of just walking away, that this would all of been avoided. Or instead of throwing all those papers out the window and losing his job, he could of just went to the same train station the next day and found her again.

Simple and beautiful; I'm really glad you showed me this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yea idunno, I liked it until the paper came to life and everything went to magic.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yea idunno, I liked it until the paper came to life and everything went to magic.
    You need to 'believe' Vizzle heh

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    It's a good short film, and Disney is good at their short films. I guarantee you it will get entered at Annecy. Tangled was good, Princess and the Frog was a complete abomination. I'll never forgive Lasseter for that mess. It was absolutely fucking terrible.

My reasons for PatF being terrible are the following:
    The music was awful, Lasseter made a huge misstep hiring Randy Newman and passing over the composers who did the memorable music from the Disney Renaissance.
    The songs were not only lackluster, but poorly planned. The Prince barely sang in one song and the rest were handed off to characters whose subsequent songs were trite and boring. Not a "Tale as Old as Time", "Reflection", "God Help the Outcasts", or "Part of Your World" to be found.
    The only interesting character was a supporting character (Charlotte).
    There was almost no real character development. When you watch the films from the DR, there is growth in every single character. It makes them relatable. The Prince's background was nonexistant, you get one cameo of his parents at the end. He's virtually a non-character because there was more background given about a firefly than him.
    The storyline was rushed, they could have cut out a great deal of the stuff shoved inbetween to create a flowing and cohesive storyline. They didn't need the firefly and the alligator song, and the only chance to slow down was when they were preparing a meal - and that was just a series of polite conversation and light flirting.
    There was no huge conflict, there was nothing emotional or pulling about the story. There was no Beast changing his heart to spare Gaston, there was no abandonment after being discovered as a woman in the Chinese army. The worst thing that happened was a supporting character dying and a voodoo man chasing them.

There were a LOT of problems with the film, problems that Lasseter should have known better about but actively supported. The only redeeming quality was that the animation was nice and Charlotte was the only properly rounded out character.
    Is this about your hate for a completely irrelevant movie? No, so stop being completely off topic ok?

Awesome short, loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charming and funny are the two words that come to my mind when I see that short. ts nice to see Disney haven't lost their artistic touch either. the music suited the animation greatly too very whimsey but flowed well, to me it was like a great video to cheer you up, I was cheered up just from watching it

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this on theBerry. It is wonderful.

Im glad someone else enjoyed it.