Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Concerning Bolvar.

Hey

I just thought of something, do you think Bolvar will "turn" evil someday, and that we need to fight him as a new Lich King? I've never been a big lore fan or anything, but I killed LK again today and it made me think of it.

For those that do not know who I'm talking about:
    Bolvar was a soldier of the alliance, that went up against the Lich King, got poisened by the Forsaken and burned by Dragons breath/fire. Wich left him as a living burned man.
    And when the Lich King was defeated, he got crowned as a new Lich King, as there must always be one.

So what do you think? Will we see a return of Bolvar as an evil force, making us fight the scourge yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Hey

I just thought of something, do you think Bolvar will "turn" evil someday, and that we need to fight him as a new Lich King? I've never been a big lore fan or anything, but I killed LK again today and it made me think of it.

For those that do not know who I'm talking about:
    Bolvar was a soldier of the alliance, that went up against the Lich King, got poisened by the Forsaken and burned by Dragons breath/fire. Wich left him as a living burned man.
    And when the Lich King was defeated, he got crowned as a new Lich King, as there must always be one.

So what do you think? Will we see a return of Bolvar as an evil force, making us fight the scourge yet again.
    oh dude u ruined it u were only supposed to tell them that the lich king is dead and that bolvar fordragon died with him

I feel like when we go after the burning legion he's going to lend support because he overcame the LK and use the scourge along side us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    I feel like when we go after the burning legion he's going to lend support because he overcame the LK and use the scourge along side us.
    As much as I'd love to have that "ally comes in at the 11th hour to bolster our forces" kind of scenario, I would imagine what might happen is... the Legion comes to Azeroth and tries to have the Scourge reactivated. When they go to order Bolvar/LK to unleash the Scourge, he tells them to piss off and the Legion obliterates them. The Scourge are set free and they start attacking everything, which at the moment happens to be the Legion.

The Legion finishes off the Scourge and that threat is permanently expunged from Azeroth.

The consequences by which Bolvar undertook the mantle of the Lich King is what makes me think his chances to temper the evil of it are greater than Arthas'. He did it as a noble sacrifice; besides, fighting another completely power-hungry Lich King under the same circumstances would be a little monotonous. I think if we do revisit Bolvar in the near future, it'll be a different sort of Lich King in terms of his motives especially.

I'm really hoping we do to me personally it feels like his story isn't complete.

But having him come back for us to defeat would feel like deja vu.

Doubt it mostly because I think blizzard wants to move on with new stories. but also because going back to fight the scourge would create new levels of QQ.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

I doubt it as there is no evil soul/spirit in the helm of domination to corrupt him. Ner'zhul is gone and dead, Arthas destroyed and consumed his spirit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I doubt it as there is no evil soul/spirit in the helm of domination to corrupt him. Ner'zhul is gone and dead, Arthas destroyed and consumed his spirit.
    Where did you seen that Ner'Zhul was dead ?
    He's still in the helm.

Frostmourne has been destroyed but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Where did you seen that Ner'Zhul was dead ?
    He's still in the helm.

Frostmourne has been destroyed but that's all.
    Indeed, Ner'Zhul cant die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrei View Post
    Indeed, Ner'Zhul cant die.
    It was in the Arthas book
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I believe that when Arthas became entrenched fully in the role of the Lich King, it was stated by Blizzard somewhere that he supplanted the Ner'Zhul aspect and usurped the entity completely for himself.

a paladin that was pure when he put on the helmet has a better resistance then a paladin that was corrupted over time by frostmorne

He won't turn any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Yes, but Arthas didnt consume him.. they merged as one. Ner'zhul IS the Lich King. Arthas was nly his Husk ..battling for control they merged, now that Arthas is gone(I don;t actually believe hes dead..wheres his corpse?) Ner'Zhul remains ..and now bolvar must fight for "control" with Ner'zhul.
    Last edited by Morrei; 2013-02-04 at 05:53 AM.

i actually think that the lick king poured his life energy into bolvar before arthas finally died, how else could arthas "comeback" to normal and talk to his father like that, who knows that the Lich king was doing to bolvar before we got there, preparing him, perhaps, as a worst case scenario... just saying that scene where bolvar is being crowned, that's eerie, it doesn't look normal, it looks sinister.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    a paladin that was pure when he put on the helmet has a better resistance then a paladin that was corrupted over time by frostmorne

He won't turn any time soon
    Who said he was pure when he did it? Yogg-Sarons brain, captured by Arthas over a long period...may have been a trick

i actually think that the lick king poured his life energy into bolvar before arthas finally died, how else could arthas "comeback" to normal and talk to his father like that, who knows that the Lich king was doing to bolvar before we got there, preparing him, perhaps, as a worst case scenario... just saying that scene where bolvar is being crowned, that's eerie, it doesn't look normal, it looks sinister.
    Because Inwordly Arthas wanted to be defeated..he knew he had to be, it is the reason why he left the path for the heroes to defeat him in the first place...at least thats my belief .. and why he spoke to his father in the way that he did, yanno the.."Is it over Father?.." scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Morrei View Post
    Yes, but Arthas didnt consume him.. they merged as one. Ner'zhul IS the Lich King. Arthas was nly his Husk ..battling for control they merged, now that Arthas is gone(I don;t actually believe hes dead..wheres his corpse?) Ner'Zhul remains ..and now bolvar must fight for "control" with Ner'zhul.
    Arthas destroyed Ner'zhul in the Arthas book. This was confirmed by Metzen at Blizzcon Q&A.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always have the feeling that Bolvar the new Lich king will help us defeating the Burning Legion when they come back. Specially the fight against Kil'jaeden at full power, we will have the current Lich King helping us and acting some kind of an anti hero bat man who works behind the shadow for the greater good thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Who said he was pure when he did it? Yogg-Sarons brain, captured by Arthas over a long period...may have been a trick
    He resisted the torture, he didn't turn at all, Saurfang was the one that fell to corruption

probably was playing us but i don't think someone like bolvar would turn so easily after we "rescued" him, though we don't know anything about how powerful the helm is alone without the sword so he might turn soon idk