Deleted

Question Best dps classes for Herald of Titans?

Hi,

I want to level some dps until lvl 80 (not planning to go further) for herald of titans. At that level I'm guessing that there will be a lot of unbalanced classes (which is normal I guess) so I want to ask if anyone can advice me which class should I pick.

My initial thought was warlock (they are op at 90, I guess they could be also at ilvl 226).

Arcane Mage. Literally a 1 button rotation due to insane mana return, 10-15k DPS easily.

Deleted
    I did it on ele shaman - we were lacking heroism . Was easy to do over 10k on cata flask, food and potion.
    Honestly it doesn't matter so much now. Flask+food = +390stat. Double-potioning is also a great boost. Get some ppl geared in ~215+ (weapons are easy to farm on FoS/PoS/HoR HC - 232ilvl), feed and flask them. Prepot, hero and burn it down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Arcane Mage. Literally a 1 button rotation due to insane mana return, 10-15k DPS easily.
    Have you tried it? Mages right now without lvl90 talents are shit (specially arcane which depends a lot of mana regen), or at least that's what others sources told me (people leveling).

Yeah. Total shit.

our setup:

1 unholy dk: ~15k dps in bis gear
    1 hunter bm: ~10k dps in bis gear + work on Collapsing Stars
    2 rogues assa/combat: ~10k dps
    1 mage arcane: ~15-20k dps in bis gear
    1 blood dk & 1 prot warrior
    3 healers: paladin, shaman, druid
    some free slots to boost ;p

we doing it since 4.2 cata patch, some times only with 2 dps and 2 tanks with 2 healers, if there is more ppl to boost ;p its easy fight if 2tanks, 1dps, and 1-2 healers know how to avoid sh1t and 1 dps working on Collapsing Stars, thats all ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Yeah. Total shit.
    Well, he just use fire with mop gear to get 100% crit so we can build a huge combustion and just ice block, that was before huge fire nerf to both crit multiplier and combustion so I highly doubt that with ulduar gear fire could get decent dps
    Last edited by mmocb78ce50268; 2013-02-04 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    That's with ilvl 400 gear that you can't use for herald of the titans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any class because it's a complete joke now with talent changes and such.

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Have you tried it? Mages right now without lvl90 talents are shit (specially arcane which depends a lot of mana regen), or at least that's what others sources told me (people leveling).
    If you have a mediocre group, you will see ONE Big Bang. If you have a halfway decent group, you will see no Big Bangs. That's how short the fight is. Your mana regen means nothing when the fight ends faster than an arcane mage can dump his mana pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    An arcane mage in appropriate ilvl isn't quite as crazy now as it was before 5.0.4.

I did it during Cata as arcane and the tuning on mana regen/cost at level 80 basically made my mana unlimited; I barely spent any mana the whole fight. After 5.0.4, I lead a Herald run with some friends and OpenRaid. Fiddling around before the run, I found my mana usage was more normalised and I had to do the burn/regen phases like a level 85 mage (at the time) might. I respecc'd Fire to try instead and put out fairly high numbers that way. In either case, a mage is a strong DPS class for Herald.

Rogues also seem fairly strong based on the runs I've done.

That said, I've not tried it yet in Mists.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It honestly doesn't matter, a lot of people don't realize you can do it in blues from launch wotlk heroics. or just farm icc 5 man normals for 219 gear. With cata food / flasks it's a complete joke.